Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.67 - 252votes)

Skip Beat!

Alt Names: alt !اسکیپ بیتalt 下一站巨星alt スキップ・ビート!alt 華麗的挑戰alt 스킵 비트!alt Skip Beatalt Не Сдавайся!
Author: Nakamura Yoshiki
Artist: Nakamura Yoshiki
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kyoko Mogami is the childhood friend of superstar Sho Fuwa. Kyoko was so mindlessly in love with Sho that she followed him to the city on his quest to become a famous singer. But she soon realizes Sho was only using her as his personal maid to take care of household chores and pay for rent. Heart-broken, Kyoko won't suffer in silence--she's going to get her sweet revenge by beating Sho in show biz!

A funny and entertaining romance story of a "diamond in the rough" trying to find her place in showbiz, and the mysterious pasts of the people around her.

====== NOTICE =======
We have been requested not to host this by Hakusensha. Please do not upload.
====== NOTICE =======
Go to Skip Beat! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window hoihei
  • 102 Replies
Topic Kickstarter for Skip Beat! anime US release! New Window Garlyle
  • 0 Replies
Topic percheeeeeeeeeeeé?? New Window Sasy_
  • 0 Replies
Topic I just finished the anime New Window Amorte
  • 3 Replies
Topic Favorite character in Skip Beat! New Window bumblebee310
  • 19 Replies
Topic Skip Beat! deutsch New Window harnomf
  • 3 Replies

513 Comments

ಠ_ಠ Woah there.
I think I might have to read chapter 194 several times just to torture myself.
Kyoko... why do I feel you are walking the path to Femdom? o_o
xD Oh boy. I wonder how Ren hides his functions.
Thanks for the superb scans!
Bring him back Kyoko! The teacher is now the master!

Also... DEAR GODS WHY END THERE! Just one word more, ok a sentence - maybe a page but dangit don't end there!!!
In a perfect world we would finally see them getting closer, but it's propably like Lowlightt guessed and she forces him back into being Cain Heel.
Wow Kyoko, you so sexy. Posted Image
This series is dragging out so long, I wish the mangaka would move the storyline along. It was so good when it first started, now it's the same thing over and over again.
Isn't this more, Ren broke character, and She won't break character and force him back into character with her acting?
i should be used to Nakamura-sensei leaving cliffhangers every end of a chapter....
@ShaiHH : as for me, this is a crucial chapters. I mean where kyoko will met the "wild Kuon" or actually the real Tsuruga and they both need Fuwa as the trigger between them so they could be open and accept each other.. Try read chapter 194. Unfortunately, i don't see it in batoto yet. You could read it in another online reader.
Story has totally lost me somehow. Why all that needless extra drama with Shotaro?
Like this we will have another 30 Volumes to finish this in as many years.
please kyoko.. don't say things that can hurt your relationship with ren... ignore shoutaro...

wishes..XD
the story line's crawling... crawling...
@acolyte

Actually they really did take his work and delete all his credit pages. I kind of felt bad for him. I don't really like his releases mind you but he's still very consistent so I kind of feel bad that its hurting him so much.
Oh shit.

Houston, we've got a problem.
I believe I just got a Heart attack...
Chapter 192 has been scanlated by mangapanda.
They allow rehosting but I don't think batoto host mangapanda releases, and that's site mainly another MF/mangareader clone.. (according to their whois, and their ad template..)
Otherwise, in Mechgouki's site, he never released ch191-192.
My dumb guess is that he's testing the waters and checking if S2Scans wants to take over the release from now, and that he's sick of mangareader and else stealing his works (well not really 'stealing', just smooching off free cash from scanlator's works etc)
There goes down another victim of ignorant leechers :s
@maia chapter 192 is missing

I got impatient and read it on another online manga reader xD
Wtf!?
Is it a mistake, or is there a chapter actually missing?
>O.o<
clicks new chapter 193 * (WTH?)
checks chapters...(missing ch 192).........................Posted Image
    • Sui likes this
So, I don't know if anybody else checks the scanlation groups that have been working on this, but nether of the current ones have, and as far as I'm aware no one else has ether, done chapter 192. I've gone ahead and added chapter 193, but I haven't read it myself nor will I until I can read 192 first. I don't know how to warn people that this isn't the correct next chapter other then here, but there you have it:

DON"T READ 193 YET!! At least if you want to read things in order. of course on the slight chance that cyberakuma miss labeled it I could just be wrong. :o
@AngelsAreNerds All right, fair enough! I stand corrected. I totally forgot that about Kyoko's personality. The translation is so bad I can't tell if it's actually capturing that trait of hers or if it's just a crappy literal translation.

I still think the current scanlators have absolutely no business translating and should leave it to people who actually know Japanese.
So I've been reading Skip Beat from our library. I got volumes 1-27, except for volume 15, which they didn't have. I decided to come and read it online so I wouldn't miss any development... and was tremendously disappointed. I can't say about the newer chapters, but every chapter I've read so far online (in the 80's) is terrible quality. Poor raws, huge watermarks in the middle of the page, tons of things not translated, really bad or nonexistent redraws, and typoes and grammatical errors flying off the page. I'm very disappointed in the job done by the group(s) that did those chapters. And I'm saying that as a manga fan, not as a member of a different scanlation group. I'll be glad when I'm done with volume 15 and can get back to the physical copies.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics