Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 237votes)

Looking for a Father

Alt Names: alt 아빠를 찾습니다
Author: Dong Bi
Artist: Dong Bi
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaHarem HaremRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: Original webcomic: http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=509093&page=1
Go to Looking for a Father Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Kindly put the alternative ending here :) New Window GreatNinja
  • 2 Replies
Topic Raw? New Window mangosmanga
  • 7 Replies

633 Comments

There is any-chance that Ha-Yeon unveil her true feeling? Just like: no more dad, be my lover...

I hope not. The entire reason she's acting the way she is, is due to her disdain about manipulative bastards. She might as well treat her "dad" as an anchor of sanity in a sea of money-grabbing whores.

I like to see it as why girls "friendzone" guys. Sometimes, people don't need a lover -- they simply need a 'friend', something stable and insured; and a parent is on a higher level than that.

I like that sort of straightforward, pure feelings. I dislike it when one change their mind, seemingly completely, because "I was culturally programmed to think this way, even though it is not what I really want".
I had so many moments in which I was having a pleasant conversation with a co-working girl, and immediately everyone tossed those tacky jabs which insinuate that I want to fuck her.

Can't something just be simple as it seems? People love to complicate things way too much.
The social life of a Schizoid are quite difficult.

There is any-chance that Ha-Yeon unveil her true feeling? Just like: no more dad, be my lover...

Spoiler

Here comes the breakup expert - The Jealous Daughter!

hahha that MC

56222729.jpg

Obviously he goes into that situation by being an adult about it and difusing it with commen since and sincerity like hes done every other occasion really. Which is why I love the series. The MC just tells the truth and doesn't let misunderstandings stand. Its a great reversal.

Agree, I love the when a comic plays with the cliché misunderstandings tropes and instead has the character use common sense and tell the truth. People acting realistically is so damn rare in these comics.

Wait until she calls him for a Parent-Teacher "Conference"... XD

Wait, what?  How on earth did they explain their way out of that situation?  Like:

"oh we were just working overtime and then she fell on top of me and I was knocked unconscious and only just woke up."

"Oh, man, I hate it when that happens!  One time I fell and slipped and accidentally pulled a girl's dress off while falling on top of her, and then the more I tried to get off, the more sexually-provocative my position became!"

"Yeah, I hear you.  Being in a misunderstanding-based comedy romance based series really sucks sometimes.  Did you hear about the time I accidentally ended up naked in someone's bathroom because it was raining and I innocently wanted to replace my wet clothes after carrying her in when she drunk herself into a stupor?"

"You, too?  Man, they should design bathrooms better to avoid that hazard."

Obviously he goes into that situation by being an adult about it and difusing it with commen since and sincerity like hes done every other occasion really. Which is why I love the series. The MC just tells the truth and doesn't let misunderstandings stand. Its a great reversal.

Wait, what?  How on earth did they explain their way out of that situation?  Like:

"oh we were just working overtime and then she fell on top of me and I was knocked unconscious and only just woke up."

"Oh, man, I hate it when that happens!  One time I fell and slipped and accidentally pulled a girl's dress off while falling on top of her, and then the more I tried to get off, the more sexually-provocative my position became!"

"Yeah, I hear you.  Being in a misunderstanding-based comedy romance series really sucks sometimes.  Did you hear about the time I accidentally ended up naked in someone's bathroom because it was raining and I innocently wanted to replace my wet clothes after carrying her in when she drunk herself into a stupor?"

"You, too?  Man, they should design bathrooms better to avoid that hazard."

She really wants that DILF. XD

such a funny and awkward scenario to be in :P

No sir, this won't do! An umbrella is no good! You're going into a landmine zone, you will need a portable bunker of sorts, but at the very least, you should carry a riot shield & some heavyweight kevler  :D

such a perfect setup, and so wasted on this guy who's completely immune to loli.

I'd like to see it as: "A fresh air in an otherwise stagnant cesspool".
We have a lot of comics in which the author does everything he can in order to completely avoid this thing called "common sense". I love the fact that this character behaves approximately like a human being (ya'know, the whole kidnapping thing was a bit over the top).

The whole rom-com, ecchi paradigm "oh no she's  just too shugoi cute I must resist teh temtapzionz" became completely insufferable for me in recent years, the trend to exhibit affection through deep-rooted social-awkwardness and implied perverseness is at the edge of being an axiom, that It's hardly possible for familial-relationships to even exist without heavily implied sexual tension. |:
I guess that's why this story is a Manwha and not a Manga~

such a perfect setup, and so wasted on this guy who's completely immune to loli.

Lol ofc he would never try anything on them. You can easily see by the way he interacts with them. Compared to his interaction with the teacher, he really does think of them as something closer to daughter and acquainted girl. And no he doesn't particularly favor milfs. He has already shown he's normally attracted to people his own age and with similar standing. 
I was just asking, is it more awkward it is to see him being put in uncomfortable situations with sumi or ha-yeon. Both would imply pedophilia but of different natures. One is that with a daughter and one is that with just an "underage girl". I would say both encounters would be irksome, but the way sumi and ha-yeon's attraction to hyun-su come off are uniquely contrasted. 

Technically not pedophilia, since they've hit puberty (meaning that their bodies are at least physically capable/ready for relations/childbearing and are relatively mature).  If he was only interested in pubescent girls (~15-19), it would be hebephilia...but as you already mentioned, he seems to be attracted to people of his approximate age, which is completely normal.

I agree; he pretty much sees both of them as kids, so (for now), they're not even on his radar.

Tbh, I don't think he's dumb enough to try anything with his daughter or Sumi. He seems pretty oblivious to whatever charms they may have. Besides, he likes milfs lol.

Lol ofc he would never try anything on them. You can easily see by the way he interacts with them. Compared to his interaction with the teacher, he really does think of them as something closer to daughter and acquainted girl. And no he doesn't particularly favor milfs. He has already shown he's normally attracted to people his own age and with similar standing. 
I was just asking, is it more awkward it is to see him being put in uncomfortable situations with sumi or ha-yeon. Both would imply pedophilia but of different natures. One is that with a daughter and one is that with just an "underage girl". I would say both encounters would be irksome, but the way sumi and ha-yeon's attraction to hyun-su come off are uniquely contrasted. 

Its true and relevant because of exactly what you said, MORALS are subjective and therefore not facts so while you may not agree you can have no proof to say that people who use corporal punishment are wrong in any way.

...................................................................................................................

On topic now, this guy is so unlucky with women, yet so lucky at the same time.

1. If you're looking for proof, you can look up the research and statistics. All evidence shows that corporal punishment is a rubbish idea, it does more damage than it fixes. I urge you to go make a quick search on the net, and see that there is an overwhelming abundance of proof.
2. Morals are fundamentally meant to be not relative. Morals are essentially a set of rules human beings adhere to in order to promote the life of human beings. Morals, in their truest sense -- are supposed to be universal, like the "Non-aggression Principle". That's why we have Ethics -- the science of Morals. To claim that the science of "What is the ideal way for humans to behave in order to mutually prosper, as a dynamic-group" is completely up in the air and  has completely no basis for it, that absolutely everything is up for circumstance...I can't help but see as being very close-minded.
Which is usually how most people are who are pro-corporal punishment.

3. Yeah, I kind of feel sorry for the prota. Even that little girl essentially plays him around like that CEO-president-woman, 'using her status to command him as she wishes.
Some people simply have no karma, or it's just that the author has a huge boner for femdom.
I'll go with the latter.

Awww, Su-Mi. You tried. :D

Su-Mi: This... It's not bad.

Me: Yeah, at least you don't have to buy chloroform now.

It's so painful :/

That is both true and irrelevant. That morals are subjective doesn't mean you have can't judge people based on your morals just because they don't share them. Normative moral relativism is silly.

Its true and relevant because of exactly what you said, MORALS are subjective and therefore not facts so while you may not agree you can have no proof to say that people who use corporal punishment are wrong in any way.

...................................................................................................................

On topic now, this guy is so unlucky with women, yet so lucky at the same time.

All the present she needs is a "daddy"...... LMAO

He's totally gonna walk back in on her while she's changing. Don't even.
Also pedo with sumi or pedo with daughter? I'm not sure which is going to be worse. lmfao

Tbh, I don't think he's dumb enough to try anything with his daughter or Sumi. He seems pretty oblivious to whatever charms they may have. Besides, he likes milfs lol.

He's totally gonna walk back in on her while she's changing. Don't even.
Also pedo with sumi or pedo with daughter? I'm not sure which is going to be worse. lmfao

TLDR: Exactly as you feared people might say there is no absolute right or wrong, not as far as humans are concerned anyway, and the people who think/act like that is a fact aren't in the minority at all because its what you call being a realist.

That is both true and irrelevant. That morals are subjective doesn't mean you have can't judge people based on your morals just because they don't share them. Normative moral relativism is silly.

Dad zoned

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics