Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.69 - 71votes)

Tenshi-chan to Akuma-kun

Alt Names: alt Angel and Demonalt てんしちゃんとあくまくんalt 천사쨩과 악마군alt Tenshi-chan and Akuma-kun
Author: Ishizaka Kenta
Artist: Ishizaka Kenta
Genres: Comedy ComedyRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: From Baka-Updates:

Have you ever heard of names that are read in an unusual way or have strange meanings? You know the ones that'd make feel like you could die of embarrassement if you were to be called by them? Those are known as uber fail names. This is the story of two people who carry such a burden.
Go to Tenshi-chan to Akuma-kun Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Do you have a "uber fail" name too? New Window Chynabrack
  • 12 Replies

133 Comments

If there's Maou, then Kami or Yuusha will be next huh....

Epic hair flip is epic. God Ichiro reminds me of Angel Beat's Hinata so much. I love those types of charas.

I might be wrong or slow to realize this, but is this actually a reverse harem lol

Hmmm...hard to tell since only Naruse and .aybe that Haou dude have romantic feelings for Tachibana. Akuma only thinks of her as a friend while Tachibana seems to be attracted to him. It's a harem in a primordial state lol. What if it's gonna be a double harem one day :>?

I might be wrong or slow to realize this, but is this actually a reverse harem lol

I like this, it manages to make common tropes feel refreshing and it's always great to see confident OP heroines, not enough of those (I can only think of hoshi no samidare, teppu, medaka box).

Hopefully the MC's best friend doesn't turn out to be a reverse trap who changed the kanji in their fail name.

Here comes a new failure!!! I mean challenger XD

He appeared!!!

Someone with one of the most Epic Fail Name.... Maou!

...now waiting for Yuusha to appear.

dont' forget murabito A

Since this is random I want to at least see someone with that name.

Their Fail Names are so unoriginal...the parents need to be unique or change it to something unique like "Full Metal Havok More Sexy N Intelligent Than Spock And All The Superheroes Combined With Frostnova" 

Maou! Maou! Maou! Maou!

Spoiler

That's what I mean...

Aoi in Japanese is fine.

However, Blue in English as a name is... LOL...

Have you seen anyone named Blue in real life?

Spoiler

yeah but we do have colour names like Rose, Ruby or Jade but that might be more flowers and precious gems than colours, some people are called Red, though that's usually as a nickname, Sienna is another example.

here's a list

I remember reading a weird collection of interconnected oneshots that culminated in big storm and a man with an incredibly complex Kanji meaning something like great lord of the storm if anyone else can recognise it

What does maou mean by "camp gate"

So when does Kami arrive?

He appeared!!!

Someone with one of the most Epic Fail Name.... Maou!

...now waiting for Yuusha to appear.

That's what I mean...

Aoi in Japanese is fine.

Spoiler

Except "most" people don't know a lick of Japanese. You ask people what it means, and they'd ask you what the heck you're talking about. The only people you'd have confused is a very very small minority.

Horribly mistranslated names have absolutely nothing to do with whether or not a name is bad. Like I said, it's either what they are in their native language, or how they read in other languages.

No... I expected the yuri bit... but the drools... HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA! I love the prez already XD!

We all probably expected the Yuri bit. But, the level of extreme hyper bluntness is what threw everyone off their game.

"Friendship between women is special!"
I'm pretty sure that Tenshi and Naruse have two very different goals with this "friendship"...
How sad that the guy with no ulterior motives for friendship is hit, while the girl with truly extraordinary ulterior motives gets off easy.

Although to be fair though Tenshi has a knee-jerk reaction towards hitting people who say her name (and is reluctant to hit women or children) so her knee-jerk reaction would be stunted in the first place from Naruse saying her name. Also it's not all bad for Akuma "If you see my panties it's alright" remember she DID say that quite simply and then happily hung onto his back afterwards. So in a sense he's still a fair step ahead of the situation.

Blue Ivy.

Aoi as a first name is typically 葵, a flower, and an extremely common practice in all societies.

Bad names aren't bad because they don't translate well. It's because they're just awkward in the language they're in.

That's what I mean...

Aoi in Japanese is fine.

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure that Tenshi and Naruse have two very different goals with this "friendship"...
How sad that the guy with no ulterior motives for friendship is hit, while the girl with truly extraordinary ulterior motives gets off easy.

Happens in real life. GOD DANG IT!

Ch.4 pag 11 says "a few days later" and pag 13 the maniac says "im sorry about what happened yesterday" --> what? o.O

IE: someone named Aoi, is that a fail just because it's "blue" in English?

Aoi as a first name is typically 葵, a flower, and an extremely common practice in all societies.

Bad names aren't bad because they don't translate well. It's because they're just awkward in the language they're in.

Is "uber fail" just the way name sounds "fail" or the meaning of the name is "fail"? (especially foreign names)

I see nothing wrong with being named blue, summer, rain and so on; they're cute. On the other hand once I've had to deal with a civil servant named Gay. That was awkward. Another infamous one over here is Troia (whore). I'd say those are pretty "fail", yeah.

I been wondering, how do you categorize which name is "uber fail"?

Like English names or any other language.

Some weird ones from Europe, like Wessiner or something, lol...

Is "uber fail" just the way name sounds "fail" or the meaning of the name is "fail"? (especially foreign names)

What a surprise! I've been looking at Tenshi the same way, student council prez!

so, you're into violent girls.... guess we know what type of person you are now ;P

*reads the third chapter, stop, read it a second time, closes the laptop and slowly walks away*  its new ill give you that, but I'm too confused and a guy to understand her feelings.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics