Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.68 - 161votes)

Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction

Alt Names: alt デッドデッドデーモンズデデデデデストラクションalt Ölü Ölü Şeytanın Yıyıyıyıyıkımıalt DDDDalt Dead Dead Demons Dededededestructionalt Dededede
Author: Asano Inio
Artist: Asano Inio
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaPsychological PsychologicalSchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A new series by Asano Inio (Oyasumi Punpun, Solanin) about the lives of two high school girls living in Tokyo after aliens have invaded. Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction is a self-styled dystopian slice-of-life that reflects on modern societal and political issues in Japan while still maintaining a sense of humor and frivolity.
Go to Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Thoughts on the Manga New Window ballinbaroque
  • 2 Replies
Topic Ontan Faces Thread New Window DerSteppenwolf
  • 4 Replies
Topic Chapter 31 Dedededevelopments Discussion New Window Bana
  • 1 Replies
Topic Humor's a Relief New Window wigjump
  • 1 Replies

363 Comments

I don't understand how they expected to do that with no weapons at all?

just because you have a weapon that works in your current situation, when faced with an alien enemy, you cannot be sure your weapons are effective at all. the invaders are surprised we are able to live in the presence of an "abnormal magnetic field." it's possible that their weapons are primarily energy weapons that are ineffective against humans or are unusable in our environment. conventional weapons are usually not good matches against unconventional foes.

Well, looks like the aliens weren't particularly innocent either, from the looks of it, coming to enslave mankind. Though, I don't understand how they expected to do that with no weapons at all?

I think the plan was to unleash a special battalion of nicotine-addicted super warriors with marginal strength and hyper-sensitivity to pain.

Well, looks like the aliens weren't particularly innocent either, from the looks of it, coming to enslave mankind. Though, I don't understand how they expected to do that with no weapons at all?

Same way the politicians do, making promises you can't keep and acting like they are a benevolent force that's come to save humanity but only if they put in the effort to prove they are worth it.

Yeah I have been searching for the manga equivalent of my goddamn facebook feed. /sarcasm

If you started reading an Asano Inio manga without the expectation that he would delve into either deep examinations and character studies of broken individuals or complex interplay of social, political and cultural aspects on the world and these characters lives...I'm not sure what you actually were expecting.

Did you take him at face value when he said this manga would be about cute girls doing cute things?

Saying that this manga is like the cesspool of a Facebook feed of political ideologies is doing a disservice to this manga.

I think that there's a cultural and political barrier between some people and this work.

Most of the contend of this manga is just a satirical vision of the world's nowaday politics. There's ton of references to social movements, to the left, to politicians and so on

of course theres tons of pop culture references too and all, but I think that if you're not really into politics and how people face it nowadays, this isn't really what you should read

Yeah I have been searching for the manga equivalent of my goddamn facebook feed. /sarcasm

Wow, somehow this mangaka is successfully channeling every hateable part of themselves and only that into their characters. 

Cute girls doing cute things like weighing the moral obligations of utilizing violence against a corrupt and dictatorial regime while being taken advantage of by those using them to further their purpose even if said purpose is overall of benefit to the world at large.

Uguu~

Sounds eerily close to current society don't it?

Based Kenichi laying the truth down on those retards. It's just a shame that, excepting (maybe) Futaba, they'll ignore it all in favor of their fanciful, naive, and dangerous ideology of pathological altruism. Useful idiots till the end.

Cute girls doing cute things like weighing the moral obligations of utilizing violence against a corrupt and dictatorial regime while being taken advantage of by those using them to further their purpose even if said purpose is overall of benefit to the world at large.

Uguu~

Even his words were on point

XAIHL9e.png

Yes.... For a change.

Tru... Er.. I mean Prez. Padron is right here

Lol... Asanio got the hairstyle right!

Is it just me or does Padron sound like a Spanish (maybe even Mexican) name.... And in the manga he is even agreeing (in a way) with Russians...

Edit: Just did a quick google search. Padron is a spanish pepper... And it's called as a culinary "Russian" Roulette.... Am I overthinking this? Is it even possible to overthink Asanio's work?

Poor adorable invaders. 

>that cliffhanger

I bet this is gonna be a ruse and it's the wrong package

Asano Inio is a genius.

People are going to get mad that this manga is now "suddenly" political.

Asano Inio is a hack

Even his words were on point

XAIHL9e.png

President? All I see is a crusty cheeto in that panel

Is the JSDF right in exterminating the aliens?

Why or why not?

eQtM5iK.png

Y'know, something clicked with me about how people talked in the manga that made everything make so much more sense. The way the characters talk and express themselves, as if they had the time to make the satirical witty comments in just seconds, to be overly obtuse for the sake of comedy and over react in the bluntest of fashions perfectly copies teh way good friends talk on text clients like Skype or Discord.

The fact that DDDD is differentiated, in terms of theme, characterization, and art style, from thousands of run-of-the-mill manga, which perhaps you "identify" more with, is already a big success in itself.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics