Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.19 - 315votes)

Inuyashiki

Alt Names: alt いぬやしきalt อินุยาชิกิalt 犬屋敷alt 犬舍alt Last Hero Inuyashikialt اینو یاشیکی
Author: Oku Hiroya
Artist: Oku Hiroya
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaMecha MechaPsychological PsychologicalSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Inuyashiki has a family, a wife and two kids, none of whom care about him. When he learns that he has only three months to live he realizes that the only one who will miss him is his dog. Shortly after this realization he is killed in a crash landing by aliens. He is rebuilt by them as a machine with a human exterior. How will his life change now that he isn't human?
Go to Inuyashiki Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Any Manga like this one? New Window souladin
  • 5 Replies
Topic Inuyashiki released chapter discussion New Window truepurple
  • 6 Replies
Topic Ch 43 - wth? [spoiler free] New Window wigjump
  • 1 Replies
Topic Spoiler New Window xpunkcion
  • 4 Replies

1088 Comments

Is it over now? Are we finally free of this story? Can I go now?

Now, let's hear Sean Spicer explain how it was Trump's plan all along.

On the bright side, once this series is obliterated finished then the author can start a hopefully better series.

I say bring back Zero One.

Yeah, Zero One is so good.

Nice chapter to me!!

Alas, Mr. Author, none can muster a shred of sympathy for your character. I'd have rammed my thumbs into his eyes the moment his feet touched the ground.

On the bright side, once this series is obliterated finished then the author can start a hopefully better series.

I say bring back Zero One.

I understand what the author is going for.

It's not working, but I understand it. He's not good enough of a writer to pull it off regretfully. Kudos for making a nuanced attempt though.

This is a bit of an attempt at showing that shades of grey exist but not in the sense that most people equate it; moreso it's that even people who are incontrovertibly bad or "evil" are not 100% balls to the wall that in everything they do because that's not often how life works. Nor is the sign that a bad person is capable of good or love a sign that they are not a bad person or that they can be forgiven or excused for their evil. Shishigami is still a piece of shit and there's nothing that is going to change that. But even pieces of shit can be capable of love.

Oftentimes stories or whatnot that take this approach not to show that everybody is gray and "good" and "bad" don't exist; but rather that because those we see as bad are capable of the same things as us we see ourselves reflected in them and become concerned/horrified/unnerved at how easily someone like us could be capable of the things these "monsters" do. I have people I care for and frustrations at the state of the world (as well as a distinct hatred of internet trolls), if given unlimited power to do what I want what separates me from being just like Shishigami? We often like to think we have a strong enough idea of self that we would never do something like him but...who can really say until it happens? Maybe we're all secret edgelords that would kill everyone who talks shit about us and loves some teenager and her grandma?

That is to say I know that's what he's attempting but I think the mangaka is punching above his weight and fumbled the ball a bit, to mix my metaphors. So I can't fully fault him for trying and advanced literary technique but...I do wish he executed it well instead of how it turned out.

This was very well said, but now it has me thinking about how pieces of shit might know love...they do tend to stick together...and they huddle up when they know you are flushing them too...this is giving me complicated feelings now....

It's not working, but I understand it. He's not good enough of a writer to pull it off regretfully. Kudos for making a nuanced attempt though.

This is a bit of an attempt at showing that shades of grey exist but not in the sense that most people equate it; moreso it's that even people who are incontrovertibly bad or "evil" are not 100% balls to the wall that in everything they do because that's not often how life works. Nor is the sign that a bad person is capable of good or love a sign that they are not a bad person or that they can be forgiven or excused for their evil. Shishigami is still a piece of shit and there's nothing that is going to change that. But even pieces of shit can be capable of love.

Oftentimes stories or whatnot that take this approach not to show that everybody is gray and "good" and "bad" don't exist; but rather that because those we see as bad are capable of the same things as us we see ourselves reflected in them and become concerned/horrified/unnerved at how easily someone like us could be capable of the things these "monsters" do. I have people I care for and frustrations at the state of the world (as well as a distinct hatred of internet trolls), if given unlimited power to do what I want what separates me from being just like Shishigami? We often like to think we have a strong enough idea of self that we would never do something like him but...who can really say until it happens? Maybe we're all secret edgelords that would kill everyone who talks shit about us and loves some teenager and her grandma?

That is to say I know that's what he's attempting but I think the mangaka is punching above his weight and fumbled the ball a bit, to mix my metaphors. So I can't fully fault him for trying and advanced literary technique but...I do wish he executed it well instead of how it turned out.

Ya, he took it to far with how many he's killed, even those he knew nothing about, if they wanted him to be more sympathetic all he had to do was make him kill those who wronged him and from protecting others. Make it where his use of power to crush his enemies took place rather than power hungry, that would of worked as a foil to how Inuyashiki used his powers, in a more defensive manner. Yet, the moment he took it to the planes crashing down and taking countless lives just because, all sympathy was lost for him.

They're trying really hard to redeem this character somewhat or make us feel bad for him. Too bad he's far beyond repair lol. Dude joyfully destroyed families and murdered thousands for fun. He fucking deserves to be miserable 

More like the author is using the most common/generic/lazy development, he's not even trying hard if the way he tried to redeem Shishigami is the first thing almost all people have thought of.

In pure economic terms, the killer has redeemed himself by saving more people than he has killed.

In practical terms, many, many people are dead that didn't need to be.

They're trying really hard to redeem this character somewhat or make us feel bad for him. Too bad he's far beyond repair lol. Dude joyfully destroyed families and murdered thousands for fun. He fucking deserves to be miserable 

I just went back to read the few chapters I missed after Trumps purge announcement, and realized, that selfish dog never told anyone it was at the alien crash too, and is probably also a robot...freaking Hanako, you can't deny it either, how else did it keep up with a flying old man.

Oooh, I thought page 18 in chapter 80 showed the whole thing having blown up, not just the chunks he threw out.

Uh, you don’t need to STOP to the asteroid to prevent collision. You, like the manga, have forgotten that space is fucking HUGE and Earth, by comparison, is super tiny. All that is required for the asteroid to miss is some minuscule course correction of a very small degree. That’s why it is insulting to anyone who knows even a little on the topic to see the author go “Well, a-durrrrr, nuking the entire asteroid to bits did not work so I guess we’re fucked” when in reality that would not even be the goal, ever. What would really happen is that people would calculate where best to detonate some bombs to push the entire thing a few centimeters in another direction that ends up shifting the course enough for it to miss Earth.

Even though I didn't think about this at the time of reading that moment and watching him fail to do something about the asteroid, I'm surprised no one else came up with this idea (or if they have, are part of some sort of top secret cabanet of space engineers and other such folk) and resigned themselves to getting wiped by an asteroid collision. One wouldn't even need to move the asteroid a full meter before the shift in the asteroid's flight can cause it to completely miss the earth and hurl itself back around to who knows where.

About the new chapter I posted, well it's an old one, but the magazine just released it in full color with clean vol's covers, if you want to download the chapter you can find it here http://xpunkcion.blogspot.pe/2017/05/inuyashiki-vol-10.html

Uh...

You might change the course of an asteroid if you start when it is very far away, and you have time to apply a small force for a long time (theoretically -  we have not developed anything that can actually do this).  If you wait for it to be at earth's doorstep then it is too late.

Oooh, I thought page 18 in chapter 80 showed the whole thing having blown up, not just the chunks he threw out.

Not enough Delta-v. Do you know how much force it would take to stop a rock of that size and speed?
 It would be better break it into smaller sizes so  the chance of it burning up in the atmosphere increases.

Uh, you don’t need to STOP to the asteroid to prevent collision. You, like the manga, have forgotten that space is fucking HUGE and Earth, by comparison, is super tiny. All that is required for the asteroid to miss is some minuscule course correction of a very small degree. That’s why it is insulting to anyone who knows even a little on the topic to see the author go “Well, a-durrrrr, nuking the entire asteroid to bits did not work so I guess we’re fucked” when in reality that would not even be the goal, ever. What would really happen is that people would calculate where best to detonate some bombs to push the entire thing a few centimeters in another direction that ends up shifting the course enough for it to miss Earth.

So now they open up the asteroid and this thing's like "sup".

latest?cb=20131014123103

They should have played more Kerbal.

Why can't he just take the asteroid... and PUSH it somewhere else?

Spoiler

Not enough Delta-v. Do you know how much force it would take to stop a rock of that size and speed?
 It would be better break it into smaller sizes so  the chance of it burning up in the atmosphere increases.

Why can't he just take the asteroid... and PUSH it somewhere else?

Spoiler

RIP, he's probably gonna self-destruct

But the real reason why he became a robot is because some aliens were drunk while driving their UFO.

P.S. I know, who will realy save the day.

Spoiler

I knew  shishigami was the real MC

Oh! that ending was pretty neat, excited for the next one.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics