Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 505votes)

All You Need Is Kill

Alt Names: alt オール ユー ニード イズ キルalt 杀戮轮回alt 明日边缘alt Все, что тебе нужно — убивать
Author: Sakurazaka Hiroshi & Takeuchi Ryousuke
Artist: Obata Takeshi
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaSci-fi Sci-fi[no chapters] [no chapters]
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Since the alien Gitai invaded the Earth, the humankind has been retreating. Now that Japan is almost surrounded by the Gitai, Keiji Kiriya is just one of many new recruits forced into a suit of battle armor and sent out to kill aliens. On a joint mission with the US special force led by Rita, known as the Bitch of the War, Keiji dies on the battlefield, only to find himself reborn.

After 4 times of "death," Kiriya realizes that he has to win the battle to get out of the loop...

Raws
http://tonarinoyj.jp/manga/all_you_need_is_kill/

Note: Edge of Tomorrow, a 2014 movie starring Tom Cruise, is an adaptation of the novel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw61gCe2oqI
Go to All You Need Is Kill Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic edge of tomorrow? New Window generalee
  • 53 Replies
Topic Major plot hole New Window Evange
  • 7 Replies
Topic Should this have been a longer seinen series? New Window keoss
  • 5 Replies
Topic If you is a looper New Window pijoed
  • 1 Replies
Topic How long do you think this manga will last? New Window jonjon100
  • 23 Replies
Topic [Spoiler alert] Would you think the manga adaptation will follow the original novel completely? New Window keoss
  • 0 Replies

813 Comments

yes baby, my body is ready...!!!

in the novel at the end, the american forces call him "killer cage"

And it makes sense to change the name in the movie. A white man with a Japanese name is weird.

Spoiler

they also changed the MC's name to an american one. instead of kiriya keiji, its bill cage. the girls name is the same though

in the novel at the end, the american forces call him "killer cage"

And it makes sense to change the name in the movie. A white man with a Japanese name is weird.

Few pages in and already I see a skipped critical plot point

good going

Hollywood, stop butchering uniqueness of source materials!

The movie is gonna be trash, but at least we should be grateful to it since it was the movie what led to the creation of this manga adaptation. This case kind of reminds me to the Dragon ball case: if it wasn't for that abomination of DB Evolution, Dragon Ball Kai nor Dragon Ball Z the battle of Gods wouldn't exist.

Whoa, you're complaining about the art of all things? It looks "generic"? Hey man, I've seen art that has been done half-assed and to call this level of art lazy is an insult to the effort it takes to draw manga.

couldn't agree more, the art of this manga is great, specially the characters, that are the important part of the story, maybe some parts are cut, but is a manga adaption, it happens a lot and it's the work of the writers to make the best form to adapt the story onto manga.

As someone who have read the LN (is in english), I can say this adaption is quite sh!tty. Every event is all so darn rushed, the artist clearly didn´t put effort into this, the world is drawn so generic, and of course Obata´s stock "pretty" female drawing (which is not how I would picture Rita from the LN).

Is like: "Here, your paycheck, just try to turn this into a manga, quality does not matter. You don´t have any job after Bakuman right? So stop complaining"

At least it mostly follows the LN except some places (is acceptable...), the movie seems to be something else and just adapting the basic plot.

Stick to the LN guys, is still in stock and good read.

EDIT:

Forgot to thank Kisu Kissmanga Scans for the good scans and translation.

Also, I did hope for this to be good, the first page really got it right (with the tea question), then it all flushed down to oblivion (no pun intended).

Also if you claim against how he pictured Rita, you can notice that the character design is made by the original illustrator (Yoshitoshi Abe), so maybe you're picturing Rita wrong.

I bet the movie version won't be as gory and hardcore as this. The battlesuit design of the movie also doesn't look as cool and practical as in the manga.

they also changed the MC's name to an american one. instead of kiriya keiji, its bill cage. the girls name is the same though

Ok now this is interesting concept for a story.. Im in.

Is this how living in a video game feels like? (I`m looking at you GTA 5)

lol just a moment ago there were zero comments...and now look at the flood.

Scanlators! Please don't bother with the grammar fixes! Please release next chapters!

I bet the movie version won't be as gory and hardcore as this. The battlesuit design of the movie also doesn't look as cool and practical as in the manga.

Couldn't agree more. Even if it sounds good it doesn't really work out. Thinking of Blood+ movie and that horrible DBZ one. Not sure if Hollywood did them though. Either way pretty much the only thing good to convert from manga to live action is shoujo, which usually means tv drama.

So I read the book just now, omnom read, nothing complex or surprising, just solid hard working protagonist.

The manga cut out a few crucial things, I wonder how will they manage to cover them up later.

The novel vs manga adaption reminds me of Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei manga, quite underwhelming compared to the novel. (not mentioning it will take years to get there, if ever).

Does the movie even say its based on a novel?

Yes! But I wish they would have stuck with the manga's title...sounds much cooler than "Edge of Tomorrow"

This is what I understood from the movie trailer:

The girl had that power (so this explains how she won that war)

The girl is gonna train that guy.

Spoiler

GRAMMAR NAZIS OF THE WORLD...  UNITE!!!!

LET US STRIKE A BLOW AGAINST THOSE WHO WOULD FOLD, SPINDLE AND MUTILATE OUR LANGUAGE!!!

WE MUST DEFEND THE RIGHTS OF OPPRESSED SPELLING EVERYWHERE!  WE MUST STAND UP FOR PROPER PUNCTUATION!!  WE MUST CORRECT THE INJUSTICE OF INCORRECT GRAMMAR AND FORCE OUR ENEMIES TO SPEAK PERFECTLY!!!

WE MUST...   AAACCCKK!!!

*Pervy's sister hits him with a baseball bat while screaming at him, "When are you going to stop these stupid RANTS of yours!?  I'm getting sick and tired of this shit!!!  Now, get your sorry ass back in there and finish doing the dishes, you lazy asshole!!!"*

By the way, Kisu Kissmanga Scans, thanks for bringing this series to us!  *Meekly returns to the kitchen to finish washing the dishes.*

Don't know about you guys but I like it!

As someone who have read the LN (is in english), I can say this adaption is quite sh!tty. Every event is all so darn rushed, the artist clearly didn´t put effort into this, the world is drawn so generic, and of course Obata´s stock "pretty" female drawing (which is not how I would picture Rita from the LN).

Is like: "Here, your paycheck, just try to turn this into a manga, quality does not matter. You don´t have any job after Bakuman right? So stop complaining"

At least it mostly follows the LN except some places (is acceptable...), the movie seems to be something else and just adapting the basic plot.

EDIT:

Also, I did hope for this to be good, the first page really got it right (with the tea question), then it all flushed down to oblivion (no pun intended).

This is a Manga adaptation, too muchg to do in so few pages, they have to resume it a little. Now, about the art, i think you're the only one who find it lazy, really the art is at a good level for a story that demands so much attention on fine details like, mimics, gore, expressions and that thing about Rita, while you may picture her differently, that doesn't mean your idea of her is the same as Takeshi's or even the LN's "view" on her, of course that doesn't mean you or Takeshi are wrong either.

EDIT:

Whoa, you're complaining about the art of all things? It looks "generic"? Hey man, I've seen art that has been done half-assed and to call this level of art lazy is an insult to the effort it takes to draw manga.

Does the movie even say its based on a novel?

Yes, see wiki: Edge of Tomorrow

EDIT:

I almost thought this was some sort of spinoff to Kill La Kill.

All You Need Is Kill: Ryuuko and Mako's Heartwarming Adventures

okay all you need is kill!!

not DIE you idiot MC!!!

Kill and not Die!!! that was simple!!!

Didn't Rita fell in love with Kinji?

in the novel its hard to tell but kinji does like her 

i might re-read it again since i kind speed read it like 2days ago.

if anyones wants the english translation of the novels do pm me.

Spoiler

Didn't Rita fell in love with Kinji?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics