Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.16 - 1213votes)

Re:Monster

Alt Names: alt リ・モンスターalt Re Monsteralt Re:Monsteralt ReMonster
Author: Kanekiru Kogitsune
Artist: Kobayakawa Haruyoshi
Genres: Adventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyHarem HaremSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Tomokui Kanata has been re-incarnated into the weakest race, goblin, and given a new name, Rou, after having undergone an unfortunate death.
However, goblin Rou has retained his previous life's memories and ability to learn skills from what he eats.

In this alternate world of survival of the fittest, events unfold. Will a goblin party become the heroes of this world, in a delightful twist from your usual scenario?

Original webcomic: http://www.alphapolis.co.jp/manga/viewOpening/609000058/

Adaptation of light novel series written by Kanekiru Kogitsune

Web Novel translation: https://goo.gl/DzfDE9
Go to Re:Monster Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Similar MANGA/manhwa recommendations? New Window elbs
  • 42 Replies
Topic Elves chapter New Window KINT43E
  • 2 Replies
Topic Wondering if a Re:Monster Zero would be interesting New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 9 Replies
Topic Re:Monster Ch 28-32 Raws New Window Aneko
  • 0 Replies
Topic Keep it up No Group (and Clicli9 guy) New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 4 Replies
Topic Game Re:Monster New Window TeamdichJustT
  • 3 Replies

2190 Comments

Somehow, it feels that TL quality is somewhat lacking.

Cleaning and formatting are good, though.

(Just ranting)

I feel that the author of this story has a big obsession with the main character to weird levels the lack of struggle in this story makes it to simple minded and bland to actually enjoy the development.

Spoiler

4) The "fantasy world" that I'm comparing it to is called the Dark Ages.  Pretty much any time from The Fall of The Roman Empire (6th Cent?) to sometime in the 16th Century.  It was not a nice place.  Not really sure what you meant by comparing it to another fantasy world.

6) You didn't sound like an ass ... however ... your opinion is that I should keep my opinions to myself ... :)

just a fast reply.

4.)

i just think that comparing the fantasy world of re:monster, which could've any kind of structure, values and systems to a real time period isn't exactly the way to go. at least

until more information is revealed.

i mean, for example slavery. we don't know how slavery is looked upon by the general populace (humans) and other races in the world of Re:monster.

at least i don't know and i'm not gonna search for it. correct me on this if you want.

what i wanted to express is that comparing re:monsters world, a fantasy world, to something more similiar like another fantasy world would be more appropriate, but maybe i'm wrong.

6.)

absolutely not, voice your opinion as long as you are respectful to people, which you were.

to me, it sounded like you didn't like what other commentators had to say and thus you were trying to deny other peoples opinion on the matter. which i realised wasn't the case after reading your reply.

i probably read to much into your frustration on the matter, my bad.

for the first time a name was actually mentioned...

while this is a pure power fantasy manga and i'd give the story probably a solid 2/10 due to the fact he have no struggles in anything.

the artist however is awesome.

where's the female knight come from???!!!

what chapter did this female knight introduced?...

Edit: nevermind... it was chap 28...

holy shit this is a nightmare to format and i've given up.

TL;DR at the bottom. 

Yeah, its not easy to format.  You did a pretty good job tho.  Thanks for the civil reply btw.  I'll try to respond in kind.  Sorry if I've missed a point because I've given up on the formatting bit myself.

1) Agree that there needs to be more resistance for the story to be more compelling. I did say I enjoyed it more in the beginning than it is right now.

2) The whole rape not rape thing.  Agree, lets just leave that in its box.

3) My need to vent my spleen.  It's because everybody is just putting on the hate.  I dislike bits of it, but I don't hate it.  And the hate all seems to come from viewpoints which i consider naive.  Swapping alliegences happened a lot in history.  Loyalty to the state as we know it today didn't exist in most cases.  It was loyalty to your leader/chief/general.  Treating prisoners like crap was the norm since forever.  Treating them in a civilised fashion is a very very recent phenomena (and is debatable)

4) The "fantasy world" that I'm comparing it to is called the Dark Ages.  Pretty much any time from The Fall of The Roman Empire (6th Cent?) to sometime in the 16th Century.  It was not a nice place.  Not really sure what you meant by comparing it to another fantasy world.

5) This is the only comment I've made on this comments section after reading entire pages of negative criticism.  I don't think I'm being overly precious.

6) You didn't sound like an ass ... however ... your opinion is that I should keep my opinions to myself ... :)

You think the author frick fracks himself to his own work...?

All this hate, its pretty sad.  People seem to think its only a "good story" if the hero is beaten down and crushed every second episode/chapter.

Those people are probably masochists.

They'd be better off to leave this manga alone and find some mangas with wimp MCs - there should be plenty of them.

3) Get over this "oh its full of rape" self delusion.  Look at any point in human history, prisoners were more likely just killed and sold into slavery (and then raped and tortured - to death).  Or better yet, look at the first 2 chapters again to see treatment of prisoners IN THIS FANTASY WORLD.

I find that the problem is not the rape but that it's taken way too lightly. At any time, rape was never a good thing. Also, the girls goes from "I hate you, I want to kill you" to "Make me love, I will kill for you" in what? Three chapters? The Stockholm Syndrome is fast but not that fast.

All this hate, its pretty sad.  People seem to think its only a "good story" if the hero is beaten down and crushed every second episode/chapter.

As I pointed out, the problem is not that he is OP, the problem lies in the fact that the story doesn't take that into account. There is too much fights. OP-man, tsuki ga, new gate, overlord, Slime tensei, that person later on, ... there is a lot of stories with OP heroes and each time, the story doesn't focus on the fights of the heroes (there is some though). Here, since the beginning, the story is just FFF: Fight, Food, F*ck

Btw, for those who read LN, there is "Goblin kingdom": it's Re:monster without the OP nor perpetual rape. ( Though I find the beginning slow)

1) Read the Thomas Covenant Chronicles if you want a self loathing, hated by the Gods main character.  I have, and it's not as satisfying as you may think.

holy shit this is a nightmare to format and i've given up.

TL;DR at the bottom. 

i think people just want some resistance thrown at the MC, but the manga is doing a rather bad job of doing the whole "OP MC" thingy. IMO the most interesting OP MC stories

focus on how the OP MC influences the people and the world around him, but Re:Monster focuses heavily on the MC instead.

it's like playing a game on easy mode and steamrolling everything. it's fun for a while but not everybody likes to play that way all the way through.

that's why people are criticising on it, i think.

2) Did people even READ the first chapter?  You know, the one where he say's he had all these cool powers IN HIS ORIGINAL WORLD.  He was already OP.  He already had regeneration, precog and stuff.  The power progression can be seen as him getting back his original powers.

... and yet he was killed rather effortlessly by a paralyze skill. if he was super op he would have shrugged that off... doesn't matter in the end cause this was

just a way to set up the story.

3) Get over this "oh its full of rape" self delusion.  Look at any point in human history, prisoners were more likely just killed and sold into slavery (and then raped and tortured - to death).  Or better yet, look at the first 2 chapters again to see treatment of prisoners IN THIS FANTASY WORLD.

well, i guess this one is a gray area because stockholm syndrom is a thing, but i don't see how making comparisons to the real world would help your case at all.

this is a fantasy world as you said, you should use another fantasy world to compare to.

furthermore you didn't adress the complaint people have about the whole "rape or not rape"-thing in the first place.

4) I agree its a lot more boring atm than it was in the beginning chapters.  But I can and do still enjoy it.  If its starting to get boring for you, you are allowed to stop reading you know.  And you don't have to tell the world that you are leaving.  Nobody needs to know.

isn't it enough that you enjoy it? why does it feel like you don't like it when people voice their negative opinion about something you like? constructive criticism isn't really

helping anyone on a manga reading site where the criticism will never reach the author of the manga. what else is left? ones own opinion and/or discussion about the latest chapter

or manga itself.

as long as they stay civil and don't bash people for liking a series, let them. they aren't directing their distaste for the manga towards you

and they were invested enough in the manga to take some time to list things that they interpret as flaws. almost nobody wants to read bad manga and "trask talk" isn't always trash talk. just look at it like something people do to voice their frustration regarding something.

i don't even wanna touch upon the whole "i'm leaving" thing i have my assumptions about it but i'm no hobby psychologist, so fuck it. 

also, don't tell people what they should and shouldn't do, you aren't in a position to decide that.

5) The only decent negative comment I've seen is the one where somebody here said - "This series is looking more like Re:Stockholm Syndrome"  That was awesome.  And while I don't agree with it 100%, at least it was intelligent and had the ring of truth rather than just trash talk.

a comment doesn't have to be witty to contain the truth or perceived truth for that matter.

in the end it just seems like you didn't like their opinion and others telling something negative in a joking manner lessens the impact for you.

hmm, i tried to not sound like an ass. don't know if i succeeded.

TL;DR just enjoy the manga and let them "trash talk" the manga as long as they stay civil. there are reasons as to why people talk negatively about something and those reasons aren't inherently malicous most of the time, at least that's what i want to believe.

Spoiler

Since the main theme seems to be MC growing more and more OP while making all the hotties his sex slaves (eventually by their own will, because we wouldn't wanna think that MC is a rapist or something -- Stockholm Syndrome FTW), it's pretty clear what the end goal is. The only question is how hard of a time MC is going to have against these "Heroes". In other words -- the harder they make it for him, the greater the payoff when he makes them his (willing) sex slaves.

Oh Japan... What would the introvert virgins of this world fap to if it wasn't for you...

That said, it's not like I hate it; I actually love these kinds of "rags-to-riches" stories. I just can't help but notice the recurring rapey/submission theme that's going on in some mangas. Like, it's not that hard to write a decent story about a rising, self-made MC without him being surrounded by a bunch of miscellaneous naked girls (obtained one way or the other). But then again, this is probably the author's, and more importantly -- all his readers', fantasy, so it's questionable whether he'd sell a single copy without a harem of (willing) sex-slaves.

1) Read the Thomas Covenant Chronicles if you want a self loathing, hated by the Gods main character.  I have, and it's not as satisfying as you may think.

2) Did people even READ the first chapter?  You know, the one where he say's he had all these cool powers IN HIS ORIGINAL WORLD.  He was already OP.  He already had regeneration, precog and stuff.  The power progression can be seen as him getting back his original powers.

4) I agree its a lot more boring atm than it was in the beginning chapters.  But I can and do still enjoy it.  If its starting to get boring for you, you are allowed to stop reading you know.  And you don't have to tell the world that you are leaving.  Nobody needs to know.

5) The only decent negative comment I've seen is the one where somebody here said - "This series is looking more like Re:Stockholm Syndrome"  That was awesome.  And while I don't agree with it 100%, at least it was intelligent and had the ring of truth rather than just trash talk.

This one really does get the most hate, it's almost sad lol

hey this new group's preety good at scanlating. i mean look at that cleaning. not perfect, but suuper decent. keep the high-qualty scans going mates

I sincerely hope our "hero" gets crushed, but it wont happen because this is OVERPOWERED - The Manga.

no that one's Slime Tensei. this one's on a more believable (and super lucky) route

I sincerely hope our "hero" gets crushed, but it wont happen because this is OVERPOWERED - The Manga.

The problem is not that he is overpowered, the problem is that it tries to make it feel like he was average by making a lot of fights. Slime tensei, tsuki ga, new gate, ... all have overpowered heroes but you feel that they are overpowered heroes, there is nearly no fight, only one-side slaughters.

In these stories, you know directly the outcome and the story makes it feels too. Here, the story tries to make you doubt of the outcome of battle, but you know perfectly that Rou will win. The perfect example is when Rou is caught by the centipede. It tries to make you believe that Rou is in bad posture, but you know that: he doesn't have his Unique Spear; he is immune to poisons, can change his shape, ... So there is no thrill as for the outcome. It's one of the problems with Re:Monster: A OP hero in a story with lot of fights. It like watching a pro boxer in a tournament for children.

At least the 8 heroes will make things more interesting.

or will be mercilessly killed, eaten or raped and join the harem of the the MC, cause

... ps: I thought the insect hero was going to be a loli, 'cause that was probably the only thing he didn't already had in his harem yet.

Huh I guess he's not going to be smashing Wriggle's boipussy this time

I can't remember this, time to reread 

a bit of a spoiler, watch out for the queen :)

Guys, it's not like he's raping them, they're unconscious so they can't say no.

Tsunderape: "Jeez, it's not like it's consensual or anything, you baka!"

Goblin Slayer was right all along!

Guys, it's not like he's raping them, they're unconscious so they can't say no.

At least the 8 heroes will make things more interesting.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics