Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (3.98 - 52votes)

Collapse of the World as We Know It

Alt Names: alt Collapse of the World Increasinglyalt Collapse of your world as you read italt 日渐崩坏的世界alt Мир над пропастью. Шаг
Author: Dashu Jiang
Artist: Dashu Jiang
Genres: Comedy ComedyHorror HorrorPsychological PsychologicalSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manhua (Chinese)
Description: This manhua is a collection of short stories by this author. It is almost similar to the German Brothers Grimm's stories. however, these hold no morals but are more of a twisted outlook on life.

Warning : This series contain fucked up stuff, gore stuff, and mind fuck stuff and a little bit of dark humor.

Original Webcomic: http://www.u17.com/comic/4240.html

Notice that some contents got 'harmonised' after a 'clean Internet' campaign in the link above.
Go to Collapse of the World as We Know It Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

137 Comments

Uh, no, what he did was invent medical conditions (lazely named by adding “philia”) that have to do with an excess production/secretion/presence of something.

No shit Sherlock. (s)he can still use the word for the same thing, plus it acquires an extra pun.

She had intestines for brains!

Rereading c11, I find it quite sad now... Impressive how a few panels can change everything.

The Ore no Imōto reference in chapter 42 was quite a blunt one

I only noticed reference to Lelouch of the Rebellion and the Kuroshitsuji.

Any more that I missed?

There was a Sengoku Basara reference as well. I can't quite figure out what the other reference on that page is though...

I only noticed reference to Lelouch of the Rebellion and the Kuroshitsuji.

Any more that I missed?

It surprises me that the author went with infantophilia instead of pedophilia since it was clear the only thing it did was to add philia at the end of things.

Uh, no, what he did was invent medical conditions (lazely named by adding “philia”) that have to do with an excess production/secretion/presence of something.

Haha, friggin' Optimus Prime.

....That hemophilia chapter. My urges to correct 2 of the condition:

- Urinephilia = POLYURIA

- Sweatphilia = HYPERHIDROSIS

The rest one is totally fictional,but the fecal one must just be a diarrhea.

It surprises me that the author went with infantophilia instead of pedophilia since it was clear the only thing it did was to add philia at the end of things.

Every damn chapter always end up more insane.

....That hemophilia chapter. My urges to correct 2 of the condition:

- Urinephilia = POLYURIA

- Sweatphilia = HYPERHIDROSIS

The rest one is totally fictional,but the fecal one must just be a diarrhea.

The Buddhist 969 Movement has massacred dozens of Muslim minorities in Burma just within the last year alone in ongoing ethnic cleansing.

Spoiler

I stand corrected.  This just goes to show how difficult it can be to be aware of everything that is going on in the world outside of one's own small section.  So basically, this news shows that ALL of the major religions have their violent sects within them and proves the point that I made earlier that they are all elitist groups that consider outsiders to be beneath them.  THIS is why I personally find ALL organized religions to be abhorrent.

I therefore wholeheartedly agree with the following quotes from the Notebooks of Lazarus Long:

Spoiler

Sure is a lot of "giving birth" gore in this series.
-Snip-

There are different Buddhist sects. The two I know of are Shinto Buddhism and Tibetan Buddhism.

I know jack all about El Shinto, but Tibetan Buddhism invokes a "Lama Caste" system; if you're a Buddhist, you live in the lap of luxury. Those monestaries aren't exactly minimalist, nor are the feasts frugal. Not even the gilded candle stands invoke a shred of poverty.

Those whom aren't Buddhists, are to be serfs that do everything to please the Buddhists; whether it be to till the fields or bear their children.

The only religion that actually holds weight behind it's claims of being one of peace, that I have found, is Jainism. Unlike every other religion, the more fundamental a Jain you become, the better a person you become.

There are those whom follow every commandment, and thusly don't don clothes, wear special sandles to minimize the amount of ground they stand on (so as to avoid squishing insects and the like), drink every cup of water through a fine siv, etc.

They've never had many followers; the most there have been at any one time was three million. Which pales in comparison to the number of Abrahamic adherents.

I will concede the point to you about the present day Buddhists.  I have seen NO evidence of current atrocities by them.

The Buddhist 969 Movement has massacred dozens of Muslim minorities in Burma just within the last year alone in ongoing ethnic cleansing.

"The deadliest incident occurred when a Buddhist mob attacked and torched Mingalar Zayone Islamic Boarding School. While security forces stood by, rioters armed with machetes, metal pipes, chains, and stones killed 32 teenage students and four teachers."

I made a note (with some more details) about the "ripping off" issue in the latest release post.

Guys, you need to look closely. Itou Junji is credited as the original author: http://vatoto.com/read/_/13932/collapse-of-the-world-as-we-know-it_ch5_by_colourful-abyss/2

Ah. I'll have to take your word for that though, lol.

Well, all right then. The group shoulda put a note about that to avoid these kinds of confusion...

Huge ass wall of text goes here.

Yeah sure.

They'd still be pretty chill with that manga chapter.

It's the end of the world as we know it! I feel fine...

I'm not saying there haven't been violent sects in every major religion, but history is history and this is a modern manga. Buddhists ain't that violent even more, not even warrior monks go to war nowadays.

So like I was saying, they'd be pretty chill with it.

I will concede the point to you about the present day Buddhists.  I have seen NO evidence of current atrocities by them.  But history has a really nasty habit of repeating itself and I have learned NOT to trust any religion to not return to its past harsh and despicable habits if they are threatened by outside interests.

Mostly because it is a lie that "Violence never settles anything."  Just ask the victims of the Christian Crusades during the Middle Ages or the victims of the Shinto atrocities in Nanking during WWII.  Violence certainly DID settle things in those cases.

And because hate and revenge are such powerful motivators, "Ethnic Cleansing" still goes on today as a method to both defeat an enemy AND to try to remove the possibility for retaliation.

And it all comes down to one principle that is still taught to this day by every major religion:  That one's own group are the "Chosen People" and that all other religions are blasphemous heathens who deserve to die.

And even the Buddhists, who may profess peace publicly, teach this principle to a certain degree.

Guys, you need to look closely. Itou Junji is credited as the original author: http://vatoto.com/read/_/13932/collapse-of-the-world-as-we-know-it_ch5_by_colourful-abyss/2

If you look at history, EVERY major religion has had its violence loving fanatic-filled sects.

I'm not saying there haven't been violent sects in every major religion, but history is history and this is a modern manga. Buddhists ain't that violent any more, not even warrior monks go to war nowadays.

So like I was saying, they'd be pretty chill with it.

Moloch's right about the doll thing, though. Artwork and all, it's almost a straight copy. Here's the original -
http://vatoto.com/read/_/288339/itou-junji-kyoufu-manga-collection_v16_ch2_by_danielau

I keep reading through this series, and the artwork varies pretty wildly sometimes. I wonder if this artist is really being honest with the work they're putting out.

It literally is a copy. What the fuck? Its literally the same story, with almost the same artwork. I noticed one word bubble was different. Only one. That's not a tribute, that's just ripping people off. Good eye, though.

Aren’t some of those straight-up ripped off from other mangaka? The doll one for instance is originally from one of Junji Itō’s manga, I think.

Most/All of these stories are straight-up ripped from the original/other mythologies/myths, just with a more "recent" twist.

The doll one is pretty much the original "homunculus" (ie. Full Metal Alchemist) story/myth/theory. (Albeit not with a hand-sized doll.)

Moloch's right about the doll thing, though. Artwork and all, it's almost a straight copy. Here's the original -
http://vatoto.com/read/_/288339/itou-junji-kyoufu-manga-collection_v16_ch2_by_danielau

I keep reading through this series, and the artwork varies pretty wildly sometimes. I wonder if this artist is really being honest with the work they're putting out.

whoa

I'd rather turn into a futanari then be dead.

I mean,think of all the novels,mangas and animes I'd miss.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics