Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.45 - 100votes)

Balance Policy

Alt Names:
Author: Yoshitomi Akihito
Artist: Yoshitomi Akihito
Genres: Drama DramaGender Bender Gender BenderRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeTragedy TragedyYuri Yuri
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Balance Policy is about Masaomi, a young boy who is trying to restore his friendship with Kenji-kun, a boy who has been changed in an unspecified manner into a girl with newest science technology in order to help maintain the human population after some kind of fertility failure worldwide resulting in the birth of few girl babies.

From TS Anthology Change H!
Go to Balance Policy Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Tragedy? New Window xflarex
  • 1 Replies
Topic Discuss balance New Window truepurple
  • 0 Replies
Topic Information about Balance Policy New Window Albedo
  • 5 Replies

150 Comments

For those of you in a hurry it's worth pointing out that the eight chapters of the story have only covered a period of one day (minus the hospital flashback and the Gorou sidestory). The fact that it's taken Yoshtomi-san about three years to release this number of chapters doesn't help with that perception.

Another point is that the Balance Policy is not necessarily a good thing or that it's going to solve the problem of so few girl babies being born. It's just thrashing around -- the TV announcer in chapter 7 reported that 943 people had been converted which is a drop in the bucket if they're attempting to create a real population of extra females to cope with the imbalance. Meanwhile Japan's population is a third of what it was and the ratio of boys to girls being born is more than five to one (see chapter 3 for the infodump).
Will Kenji just fuck Masaomi already?

We all know he was gay and getting turned into a girl works perfectly for him.
As much as I want to like this one, I can't seem to buy into the premise. It seems to me that the likely result of the balance policy would be a lot of lesbians and a lot of suicide, and that's basically it.
Wow. Didn't expect that kinda thang... Anyway, it seems like it's a quite serious and (very) perverted mature take on the subject.
Ofc, it seems the author is just using the setting as an excuse to make his characters, err, do stuff, but he adds a bit more to it, that makes it better than just a dose of ecchiness.
Bits of introspection and the changing relationships, mixed with the greatly adventurous timeframe that is puberty, all make great ingredients for the story.

The lampshade hanging is appreciated, as easy to use this technique may be.

But dang, those names XD Kenji, Gorou... could hardly make more masculine names.
Spoiler
Ah Miko, should have put the moves on him sooner...
Re gender imbalance: Younger un-named people seen in the background in the Gorou/Tokyo sidestory are all male. The five named characters under 15 years of age are Masaomi (male), Kenji (born male now female), Gorou (born male now female), Mi-ko (born female) and Tomozaku (male). That makes a ratio of 4:1 male in the current generation (Tomozaku has a girlfriend of his own age, Akemi-chan but she is not encountered in the story). The only other females with some importance in the story are older -- Chitose is 17 plus, Kenji's mother must be at least 30 and the shopkeeper in the Gorou sidestory is older too.
December!? Oh well. Thanks a lot for these chapters, Albedo.
Gender population is heavily shifted. and yet, almost the entire cast so far is female...
@oliverwashere: It's never smart to let any guys to have complete control over a his body as a girls lol.
Is it smart to give a 13 year old boy complete control of a girl's body?
Spoiler
We want moar! Thank you Albedo for this wonderful manga.
I don't know why you think this manga is bad, I find it...say a bit unique and quite enjoyable that they took this kind of genre (gender bender) rather seriously.

That being said, it's not for everyone. I'm into into the whole Yaoi, Yuri, Shoujo-Ai or Shounen-Ai but I give this a passing grade.
What the fuck did I just read?! It's a complete turn-off yet I still end up reading all of it. This manga is sooo awkward...
I really expecting romance between Kenji (now girl) and Masaomi. I hope there's no Yuri for the next chapters. But still Yoshitomi Akihito-sensei Yuri plot. :(
Ciao
Ciao
@Zashiki Warashi : Yes, Gorou really pretty after surgery. I wish I can see more of her appearance, and maybe a little triangle love between Masaomi, Kenji, & Gorou.

@Union-san : The author usually write Yuri story, and this manga have little scene of Yuri. But I hope the story leads to romance between Masaomi and Kenji.
I really dislike yuri but I give this a try :D
Ow sorry,i didnt saw the author are also the one who created those series:) I got dizzy of listening to Kamen rider black Opening that i got bit confused.maybe i stop now before something happen:)
The Story quite resembles those of "Blue Drop Tenshi no Bokura" Even the art is perfectly similar but instead of force transformation he/she voluntarily transform for the sake of humanity.Hope there's many Yuri action.or some Threesome with the boy:)
this manga is interesting, although a little bit slow. but i want to see Masaomi falling in love with Kenji (now full fledged female). and I want to see Gorou too, she's beautiful after become female.

i hope there is a vanilla romance.

to JokerxHisoka : i know you haven't read this manga, don't you? do not make the reader astray by your cheap comments and poor rate. haters gonna be hated!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics