Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.49 - 37votes)

Gokusai

Alt Names: alt GOKUSAI (ヤングジャンプコミックス)
Author: Saruwatari Tetsuya
Artist: Saruwatari Tetsuya
Genres: Psychological PsychologicalSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Art equals expression, an expression creating an outer form, expressing joy, sorrow, and the darkness of the soul. Yutou Riro is a student at an art college, but she believes she lacks the talent to truly succeed as an artist. Entering her life through a series of coincidences is Karaba Jo. To Riro's astonishment, Jo has an exceptional ability to draw the "real" self of the people/object he draws. His artwork draws attention to the finest details of his subject, bringing to light the truth behind each individual.
Go to Gokusai Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Gokusai - Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Eprizym
  • 1 Replies

39 Comments

This series has more of a sense of humor than I thought it would.

That was a good opening chapter with the artists using their skills to help the police and I like the different types of artists that the mangaka is portraying here. 

I've been wanting to read this for a while now. The volume covers kept catching my eye. It seems interesting so far. Thanks Mangalism.

Two people who looked like they were going to become rivals at first sight (not a big fan of that) got off understanding each other? Yes, like. Can't decide about the girl yet. Though, I don't know about 'exceptional art' for this series -- I'm kinda annoyed by how the lips are drawn, but the attention to detail is wonderful. Definite follow for this series.

Aarow君: You're doing a pretty great job at translation. Keep it up :D

I'm glad you all liked it! ^_^ This manga has some serious character development so far and the first volume focusses on introducing characters. I really hope it keeps up, because it's been a pleasure to translate and an interesting read. It's rare that a manga can balance angst, art and comedy. As for Picasso, I'll drop a hint about his future: The next chapter takes place in a hospital ;) . Discuss. Honestly, if anything, Picasso will be run over by a beat-down bus >_< Anyways, I'll be doing my utmost to keep up on it for you guys.

better use spoiler tags.. ^^ 

really? aww... and i even like him... XD

I think the artist is trying to show off here and show how much better they are at drawing than most people lol.

Lol, for a manga about exceptional artwork, I would hope the artist can draw exceptional art himself. 

Also, about the "true" self thing, that theme reminded me of The Picture of Dorian Gray. And that was good stuff so hopefully this is gonna be pretty good.

Woah, very good release. Thank you.

And really, you shouldn't release spoilers like that.

I'm glad you all liked it! ^_^ This manga has some serious character development so far and the first volume focusses on introducing characters. I really hope it keeps up, because it's been a pleasure to translate and an interesting read. It's rare that a manga can balance angst, art and comedy. As for Picasso, I'll drop a hint about his future: The next chapter takes place in a hospital ;) . Discuss. Honestly, if anything, Picasso will be run over by a beat-down bus >_< Anyways, I'll be doing my utmost to keep up on it for you guys.

Hopefully not by being punted off of a bridge into a river (a la Baxter, RIP).

i foresee picasso will die

whoah!!!! very much interesting..

i wanna see how they'll develop.. :) especially Jou.. 

i approve this manga ... 

I think the artist is trying to show off here and show how much better they are at drawing than most people lol.

That was intense.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics