Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.22 - 172votes)

Idol Pretender

Alt Names: alt จู่ๆผมก็กลายเป็นไอดอลalt アイドル・プリテンダーalt Kargerin len Idolalt Pura-Pura Jadi Idol
Author: Haruse Hiroki
Artist: Haruse Hiroki
Genres: Comedy ComedyEcchi EcchiGender Bender Gender BenderRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Eita Chinami who aims to be a man among men accidentally drinks a very expensive magical medicine that changes his gender. And the only way she (formerly he) can change back to normal is to buy again that very expensive medicine. And his friend tells him the fastest way to do that is to become an idol.
Go to Idol Pretender Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Has this manga stopped? New Window d4rk
  • 7 Replies

307 Comments

Kanna Hanazawa! Drama CD! FUN TIME!
Yay update
Flip?
finally an update C:
Yuika when she's drunk= epic win!

We need more chapters when she's drunk, seriously!
Omg that was so funny and now the guilt is going to start to get to her lol the just to funny :)
MANAGER-ZONED.

my first time seeing it,seriously.
@Hellion Twins
Yes, yes he still does...
The Chinami x Oguri is a one-sided thing. Oguri has not once(i think?) seen his pal as a chick.
What we should be looking at is: Yuika x Chinami(F) or Yuika x Chinami(M).
I'd be shocked if it was neither.
Well I skimmed the first few chapters and started from the fifth. The start was a bit meh typical ecchi shounen. So I do agree this is male stuff but as the story goes on it could have some better character development.
I do have to say good spiel Soma.
It does pose interesting concepts of psychology though. The fact that a relationship relies on feelings towards each other and once that physical barrier is removed anything may be possible. It is certainly something to ponder about. Who knows with a bit of science and acceptance from society this type of thing may not be impossible.
By the looks of it, this manga's reaching its end. If Chinami goes out with a guy, i won't enjoy it. For me there are only 2 preferred endings here: (1) Chinami turns back into a guy and ends up with Yuika or (2) Chinami stays as a girl and ends up with Yuika.
Spoiler
do i sense the ending? hope not....
In the last panel, Yuika looks totally unfazed... but, you know, even if it's only a typo I would still freak out at something like that for one reason or another -.-"
Is it just me or is it obvious that Oguri sees Chinami as a guy still?
@Cydric

Me too man...me too.
Read manga. Facepalm.
Read comments. Facepalm.
Reading this manga makes me feel "all kind of wrong" yet I can't stop reading about it
Yay. Update.
Now i remember This is why i read this manga
http://vatoto.com/read/_/10920/idol-pretender_ch1_by_vexed-scans/2
I want more~
I love Yuika. She definitely should get Chinami... and not just cause of the yuri yummyness but, because of how sweet she is about her love for the other <3.
Screw Oguri. I want yuri!
Eita Chinami can love me anytime... :D

And gender bender is not gay.. it is gender bender with its own words only, gender bender.
let me rewrite the description;

eita chinami strive to be the manliest man of man to pursue his love toward his senpai. one day he got a fever(and he beat mobs in that condition), so he chug down a pile of pills from the strangest bottle(just to heal a fever)by the advice of his friend(a crossdreeser narcissist whom didn't even react in front of boob). at the time, god was training jesus to suceed him, but jesus did a lil mess, accidentally turn chinami into a hot babe(god: jesus christ, what have you done? jesus:...holy shit dude shit happen.). oguri, who buyed the pills online(dude was high as fuck, buying pills priced 300million yen online)explain to chinami(now a she)that she must buy the same pills to return into a man. that is, she must become an idol to collect the money. apparently, chinami who once a man among man, have amazing talent in the business that she turn into a popular idol in a few chapter. and so, chinami goes around triggering a bisexual flag, exploring the new world of crossdressing and genderbender, that in the end of chap 6, the translator doesn't even know what's gay anymore.
Posted Image

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics