Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 795votes)

Angel Densetsu

Alt Names: alt Angel Legendalt エンジェル伝説alt Legend of an Angel
Author: Yagi Norihiro
Artist: Yagi Norihiro
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaMartial Arts Martial ArtsRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The story is of Kitano Seiichirou, a very kind and pure-hearted young man, with a horrifying, monstrous face. People being what they are, they think he's a terrifying delinquent, and there are plenty of chance misunderstandings (coupled with Kitano's convenient inability to understand what's happening around him) that propel him into the position of "school guardian", a.k.a. head thug on campus.
Go to Angel Densetsu Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Anime version New Window either
  • 2 Replies
Topic is there a manga similar to this 1? New Window hellsing876
  • 12 Replies

184 Comments

You know, this series has one of the best final chapters ever.  Such a great ending.  It's hilarious, touching in places, and it has so many great bits that kind of remind you of all the great stuff through the series.  Everyone gets little in character moments, and as a gang of friends/badasses, it sort of finally brings everyone together and shows you what Kitano has, mostly accidentally, built over the series.  

Spoiler

My favorite character is Takehisa.

When claymore finished, i demand angel densetsu remaster ! ! !

voldemort in his school days

he's so nice that made me shed tears '-'

3rd time rereading this... Dammit, I nearly love this more than I love my family!

When I started reading it I thought this wouldn't be that great...

And now that I've finished I feel terrible, because I want more. (Greed greed greed greed)

Ah well, can't be helped.

una verdadera joya del manga, que debería ser leída por cualquier amante de este genero

This was an amazing ride. 5/5

You just can't not keep coming back.

Just like everyone else has said, this really is one of the ones that will stick with you. It also holds a special place for me, as it is one of the first mangas I read (having dabled in anime previously). Since then, I have read more manga than I care to admit, and from varying genres and target audiences. But I always come back to reread this one. It's not the most emotionally compelling, nor is it the most original. And let's not even talk about the artwork in the first few volumes, shall we? But it certainly has something that not many others do. I don't know whether to call it a "soul" or what, but I'm certainly not the only one that has noticed it, as evidenced by all the other comments. In any case, you owe it to yourself to give it a chance. Seriously though, the faces in the first two volumes remind me of accidental Picassos. But once you get hooked on the story you'll stop caring and the artwork will even out before you know it. If it really is too distracting, just do what I did and look at the art in one of the last few chapters (without reading the speach bubbles of course) and tell yourself it gets much better.

damn..why he never realize and do something..gullible folks..if thing never change it will be boring one misundertanding to another without doing something about it..

This should have been a seinen... Like, with a tragic backstory, he has a split personality that takes care of all misunderstandings, his friends lure him into an amphetamine addiction, his father really is a yakuza, and so on... :D

... and I finished it again. :)

This, possibly moreso than any other manga, is one I will always return to. It'll always hold a place in my heart, not, as the mangaka says after the last page, as just another manga, but as a world with people living in it.

Wowwww, read this manga again and again over the years, the half chapters are new (thank you, people who brought us those!)...

Chapter 31.5 is so dramatic, I'm left with kind of a sad feeling at the end of the chapter, when most other chapters are just hilarious.

That afterword written by the author was pretty heartwarming actually. I really liked the point he made. How the characters continue to live on even while the story ends.

God damn it. You guys REALLY need to improve your searching/sorting. The last English post was years ago but because some group is translating it in Spanish/Turkish it keeps shooting to the top.

What's the point in allowing us to sort by date if it's like this?

Hekikuu's Kitano Seiichiro...

They say he's the Devil himself manifested into our world.

AND THE HUMAN WEAPON, AND THE LAST BOSS, AND THE GOD OF SLAUGHTER AND PILLAGE, AND THE GUARDIAN OF HELL, AND BLOODY SABURO, AND EXPLODING GORO, AND...

This was such a great and sweet manga. I would have appreciated a little more elaborate ending, but well that doesn't change the fact that I really loved it. This manga made me laugh like no other, from the first pages on (it's a rare thing for a manga to REALLY make you laugh, and this one does the trick extremely well!)- yet it is also a touching story, that will make you think about appearances and the consequences of peoples' actions when they are mislead by them. The main character is so sweet and strong-hearted I want to hug him, and this manga has its share of amazing characters who will find a place into your heart. Thank you for scanlating this!

this is the first manga that brought me to the manga world , i was only interested just anime before .

So wait, is this similar to transfer student storm bringer?

Which came out first?

Angel Densetsu came out in 1992. Transfer Student Storm Bringer in 2010. And this is way better than transfer student storm bringer.

So wait, is this similar to transfer student storm bringer?

Which came out first?

Are the side stories canon?

Reading it again after finishing this series one years ago :)

I remember randomly stumbling on this manga then thought "Man... 15 volumes? Not sure I want to go through that"

It's hilarious! And I never felt as if it was dragging on. Yes, sometimes, it's a bit predictable, but the anticipation really gets to you. You know new characters will be scared of the main character, it's how they will react that you are waiting for. And that always leads to some ridiculous situations. The characters felt alive and it feels like their world never ended.

Contrary to other readers, I really enjoyed the art. Read it!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics