Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.68 - 115votes)

Gisèle Alain

Alt Names: alt ジゼル・アランalt Gisele Alain
Author: Kasai Sui
Artist: Kasai Sui
Genres: Comedy ComedyHistorical HistoricalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: "Gisèle Alain will provide you with any service, Madame," Gisèle claims as she puts a sign on her door. Gisèle Alain is the owner of an apartment building, who decides to go into business, taking on whatever request that she receives. She forces Eric, one of her tenants with overdue rent, to tag along on her adventures. Their first mission is to find another resident's cat which has been missing for three days. Upon further investigation, they find a suspicious man taking away cats to an unknown alley. Gisèle decides to investigate further...what will she discover?

An amusing yet calm service providing you with anything you want; at your service by Gisèle Alain!
Go to Gisèle Alain Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic A great slice-of-life manga - reminds me of Emma New Window KanameFujiwara
  • 1 Replies

110 Comments

Gisele is quite the ladies' man! Err, I mean, ladies'...lady?

What a tired face, at the end... :'(

Spoiler

Is it more lewd than holding hands?

I want to read this in French... 

There's an official French translation on Amazon.

I want to read this in French... 

That one page was like the definition of the word awkward. BUT THEN COLETTE HAPPENED BAM. And then Gisele and everything is adorable and great

YURI HAREM IS A GO, I REPEAT, YURI HAREM IS A GO.

Meanwhile, not even 10km away, dirty and piss-poor peasants are toiling their guts off.

It plays a bit after that, should be after Napoleons second tour the lulz and before the franco-prussian war.

Meanwhile, not even 10km away, dirty and piss-poor peasants are toiling their guts off.

Lovely art remind me to manga 'Emma'. Hope Their love will grow up an other step closer. 

It helps that this artist was an assistant to the Emma artist in the past.

Lovely art remind me to manga 'Emma'. Hope Their love will grow up an other step closer. 

"-they are platonic at best-"

Spoiler

Spoiler

Younger?!?! He's a professional writer, which is already quite admirable at his age. As for his feelings for Gisele, they are platonic at best as he never considered them ever being reciprocated.

"-they are platonic at best-"

Spoiler

So...if Gisèle is fourteen, then Eric is twenty-one? That's kind if gross. I thought he was younger than that.

Younger?!?! He's a professional writer, which is already quite admirable at his age. As for his feelings for Gisele, they are platonic at best as he never considered them ever being reciprocated.

So...if Gisèle is fourteen, then Eric is twenty-one? That's kind if gross. I thought he was younger than that.

It's all about the time period. The story is set in 19th century France age of consent was 13 for both males and females by law. Also women were long considered marriageable once they had their first period. This is besides the fact that Eric shows interest in Gisele as a person but sees her as too young for him at the time (earlier chapters). France was always a bit more liberal with sexuality compared to other European countries.

You're also being one-sided.

Spoiler

Yes, that's true. In the end, the lack of communication on both sides bothered me immensely.

CLIIIIIIIFF HANGER,

HANGING FROM A CLIIIIIIIFF!

AND THAT'S WHY HE'S CALLED CLIFF HANGER!

damn, that was tough to read.
Spoiler

people in this comments section really calling this pedophilia? utterly ridiculous

Hmm ... just stumbled across this series and steamrolled all the available chapters to the end. It is quite enjoyable!

I think some of us are forgetting that one chapter where Eric wishes that Gisele would grow up faster (with romantic implications). 

That nullifies any possibility of pedophilia from the start. 

wow this might be really good if it weren't for the intense focus on pedophilia

Kind of hard to be pedophilia when the main character wouldn't have been viewed as a 'child' in the time period in question. The modern world classifies the age for 'children' a lot higher than they did at the time. Maybe a little reading on the subject is in order...

https://chnm.gmu.edu/cyh/case-studies/230?section=primarysources&source=24

Mm... I think that's a bit one-sided.

Spoiler

You're also being one-sided.

Spoiler

wow this might be really good if it weren't for the intense focus on pedophilia

Says homo fan.lol

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics