Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.48 - 98votes)

Yae no Sakura

Alt Names: alt 八重の桜
Author: Yamamoto Mutsumi
Artist: Takemura Youhei
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalMartial Arts Martial ArtsShounen ShounenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A dramatization of the real life of Yaeko Yamamoto. Over 100 years ago, Yaeko broke traditional Japanese stereotypes gender and honor to become a gun-warrior in defense of her homeland of Aizu.

A dramatization of actual events by Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! artist Youhei Takemura and by drama writer Mutsumi Yamamoto, who is also the writer for the upcoming Taiga drama of the same name and story.
Go to Yae no Sakura Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

87 Comments

Holy crap. Dat sharpshooting.

jesus christ, she's cool as shit. haha this rules

Finally... We completed chapter 9....

I think someone was chopping onions while I was reading Chapter 8.

Smells of tragedy all over though.

It has began...

Reading this pains me.. as we all know who's side win that war..and i remember this trailer from a certain game that i play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj3-VkbRSKQ western tech bitches:P..but in fairness she got a repeater rifle.

Wow, the story went full throttle. Judging by the difference in pacing between the early chapters and this one I guess it was not the author's intent to end it in ch 12.

although i know who will win the boshin war

i really hope the author will something  about the ending ....  (this is sad!)

Decided to read this manga because I was amused by Yae's trigger happy appearance despite not having ever held a gun before. =) Her strength is admirable.

nice that the marriage and all went well.

What, really?!  The chapters so far feel like a very pleasant, somewhat slow-moving prologue!  I figured that all this set-up would be just the lead-in to a larger dramatic story where first, the setup is completed as Aizu gets toasted in their job for the Shogun, as is clearly coming, and then Yae with her skills and dedication, and hubby with his SCIENCE! busily resist enemy invasion of the Aizu lands, do heroic stuff, and eventually triumph (or perhaps don't, because it's vaguely historical and history is messy that way).  

After all, the description comes right out and says she became "a gun-warrior in defense of her homeland of Aizu".  So they're going to rush through all that in 5 chapters?  Well, I guess so far any battles have been kind of taken care of in a page or two, but it's still a bit of a shock.

Spoiler

I actually like this, it's pretty good. Hits all the notes well, and manages to be cute at the same time.

Manga ended chapter 12.

What, really?!  The chapters so far feel like a very pleasant, somewhat slow-moving prologue!  I figured that all this set-up would be just the lead-in to a larger dramatic story where first, the setup is completed as Aizu gets toasted in their job for the Shogun, as is clearly coming, and then Yae with her skills and dedication, and hubby with his SCIENCE! busily resist enemy invasion of the Aizu lands, do heroic stuff, and eventually triumph (or perhaps don't, because it's vaguely historical and history is messy that way).  

After all, the description comes right out and says she became "a gun-warrior in defense of her homeland of Aizu".  So they're going to rush through all that in 5 chapters?  Well, I guess so far any battles have been kind of taken care of in a page or two, but it's still a bit of a shock.

Manga ended chapter 12.

Damn Wikipedia.. -_-

I'm actually okay with this.

Dawwwww. Well, I am happy for them. Somehow I feel it won't last very long, though....

Ugh, my heart. If this is true to history, there's no way this won't end with me crying a river, but at least for the time being let me lay in my bed of fluff.

Hnnnggghhh ensues.

Damn that was a cute chapter! It was a nice read / w \

Well I'll be damned, looks like Yae got some happiness for a while at least...

RL Yaeko looks kinda lke the fortune teller granny from xxxholic. IMO

One chapter every 3 months is excruciating....

Is it THAT tokio in chap 1?

takagi tokio the wife of saito hajime?

I rarely found a reference to her. I'm liking this manga already.

LET THE MANLY AURA BLOOM!~

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics