Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.55 - 190votes)

The Friendly Winter

Alt Names: alt Da-jeong-han Gyeo-wulalt 다정한 겨울alt The Affectionate Winter
Author: Lee Jun
Artist: Lee Jun
Genres: Drama DramaPsychological PsychologicalSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: A girl with a rare growth disorder that leaves her in the body of a child at the age of 19 meets a boy with a mental disorder who has the mind of a small boy in a 17 year old form. 'The Friendly Winter' shares with us the endearing story of their day-to-day lives, joys and tribulations.

Note: The author has split the storyline into seasons. The volume number represents the season number.

Original webcomic: http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/view/friendlywinter
Go to The Friendly Winter Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic The Friendly Winter Discussion New Window svines85
  • 298 Replies
Topic Guesses on the ending here. New Window d4rk
  • 7 Replies
Topic Korean Censorship of Webtoons??? New Window Comadrin
  • 4 Replies

702 Comments

Her mother is a real piece of work, isn't he, while his mom, is so good, although I don't think she is his biological mom, she is a way better mother, actually I would not call hers a mother at all. The other girl must be her new husband's kid for the ages to work out.

I am loving this webtoon lots!
his mom is such a good mom i love how she fights back when people tell her to abandon him
Man...all my respect for Min-Seong's mom...unlike that other bitch who shall not be named...she stuck around and raised a disabled child that isn't even hers nor blood-related and loves him dearly like a proper mother. The contrast between the two mothers in this series just goes to show that a REAL mother isn't just someone that gives birth to you, but someone that raises and loves you...regardless of blood-relations.

As for the bitch mother...yea I'm sure it will ALL be explained and that she had a "good" reason to leave her daughter. However no matter the reason, you do NEVER, EVER tell your child that she is at fault for her leaving and then cut all ties with her. I can only imagine what one would feel after being told that, never hearing from her again and then years later finding out of facebook that she has a family and is living happily.
Also, considering Da-Jeong's age and that her half-sister is in highschool (meaning she's at best 4 years younger than her) either the girl isn't really her daughter OR she was probably pregnant with her when she left Da-Jeong and that could have been the reason for leaving. But right now...no reason on earth will be good enough to make her look good after the shit she pulled.

This comic is really heart-warming at times but really rage inducing at others...
This is beautiful and it warms my heart
Damn you for making me feel these feelings!
why... why is this so good and heartwarming!? With Can't see can't hear but love and this one I've got my daily dose of manly manly crying.Thanks for the fast releases!
Thanks Supreme Cream Scans!!

So, in chp 10, Minseo lied to her mom about meeting Da-Jeong, right? That's how it sounded to me, someone tell me if I'm wrong. Mom......I really think there's more to all this than meets the eye so far. Both with Da-Jeong and her new family. Not that I'm thinking it's anything that's going to make her look a lot better though, just more to it is all.
Yay two chapters in a row
Thx
I feel sorry for her dad. The guy's doing what he can and all she does is give him crap.
the present was awesome^^
aw man this is sooo good
Her mum is a fucking bitch.
what a sad chapter...
I'd have revealed everything in front of her daughter, accompanied with a nice bitch slap
She's 19 so....... Legal LOLI ?
Joke aside, I really like that story... and the design too, it's seriously cute, but the story is bitter-sweet.
I wonder how it'll develop ?
I really appreciate the father... Sure he may be clumsy and irresponsible, but he stood by and raised his handicapped daughter like a true man even when his wife left the both of them... And choosing not to marry so his young daughter wouldn't feel confused and angry at the new mom. He is certainly filled with love and care.

Also that boy, though mentally retarded, is gentle and honest.... A spear that pierces the MC's heart that has hardened over time.
Even if the mother couldn't tell Da-jeong the real reason she left, she didn't have to tell her that it was because she was handicapped...
i'm wondering about the mother,, is she really leaved Da-jeong cause of her handicapped?
maybe she has another reason that she couldn't tell to Da-jeong..

But, if she really leaved her only cause of her handicapped.. i'll really pissed of.. X(
thanks for the chapter
The mother is extremly selfish, she abandoned her child at the age of 9 if I'm not mistaken. Since she was 19 by now and said something about 10 years ago.

That however makes me wonder, how can she have a daughter in high school unless it is not even her own child. Which would in fact make the whole thing even more despicable. Abandoning your own child because it is handycapped and instead raising someone else's because it is more convenient.
that mom pisses me off to no end she didn't even hesitate to say i don't know them
Thanks for the new chapter Supreme Cream

......god that was sad
Good, good.
Great manga.
Thx
Great new chapter, thanks Supreme Cream Scans!

Wow, her mom sure is cold, not just leaving but to cut all contact with her own child.....that seems like too much whatever the situation
Bitch queen that mother is...hope something really bad happens to her. No matter the reasons, cutting off all connections with her daughter AND even going as far as telling her that it was her fault is unforgivable. I just really want something really really bad to happen to her.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics