Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.62 - 239votes)

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun

Alt Names: alt A Certain Scientific Railgun
Author: Kamachi Kazuma
Artist: Fuyukawa Motoi
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyMecha MechaMystery MysterySchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The story is set in a world where supernatural powers exist through science, and magic exists through religion.

Academy City is home to 2.3 million inhabitants, which include ordinary civilians and ESPers: individuals with special abilities. 80% of the students in Academy City are active in the "Power Curriculum Program", and out of that 80%, only 7 are classified as Level 5 ESPers.

Meet Level 5 "Electromaster" Misaka Mikoto and her friend Shirai Kuroko, who both work together in maintaining peace within Academy City's university district as members of "Judgment", Academy City's student-based disciplinary committee.

"Toaru Kagaku no Railgun" ("A Certain Scientific Railgun") is a side story of "Toaru Majutsu no Index" ("A Certain Magical Index").

Related:

> Toaru Majutsu no Index (Light Novels)
(http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Toaru_Majutsu_no_Index)

> Toaru Majutsu no Index (Main Story)
(http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/to-aru-majutsu-no-index-r635)

> Toaru Majutsu no Index X Toaru Kagaku no Railgun 4Koma Anthology
(http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/4-koma-koushiki-anthology-toaru-kagaku-no-railgun-x-toaru-majutsu-no-index-r4804)

>Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator
(http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/toaru-kagaku-no-accelerator-r10196)
Go to Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Latest Chapter Discussion New Window greensoulreaper
  • 71 Replies
Topic (spoilers) General discussions and speculations New Window Akasha
  • 0 Replies
Topic Calendar of Events in the Index/Railgun Franchise New Window OH&S
  • 0 Replies

949 Comments

Mikoto should have fought the Elements in the novel just like this instead of focusing so much in A.A.A (which seems weaker that this colossus thing)

What!?! A straight-forward fight with only semi-bullshit explanations!?! This isn't Kamachi! This impersonator clearly doesn't understand how to write Kamachi-style fight scenes.

Alastair is one hell of a bastard, and I would love to be in academy city.

Sure you would, as long as you had enough value to Aleister to not be used as a disposable test subject. 

Looks like it concurs to 11 volume. Touma is in Italy right now.

Also, if Misaka will continue in such pace, she will level to the ground whole Academy City.

I seem to recall that all of academy city is on a permanent 'can change' demolition schedule because city engineering. I mean, in the end it's all an excuse so the city can be leveled every other volume, but knowing the capabilities of the people in the city and their mantra, it fits well.

Alastair is one hell of a bastard, and I would love to be in academy city.

So where's this arc in the Index timeline now?

Looks like it concurs to 11 volume. Touma is in Italy right now.

Also, if Misaka will continue in such pace, she will level to the ground whole Academy City.

So where's this arc in the Index timeline now?

Misaka seems stronger than I recall.

Spoiler for the end of the level upper arc

Spoiler

Pretty sure she just never had to go all out before.

So... The town where this girls live is called 'Academic City,' right? But so far, it's better to call the town as 'Duel City'... Dun get me wrong, this is one of the finest fantasy story that I've read so far... In term of setting concistency, plot n twist, n character development n interactio

It makes much more sense if you read all of it, not just this thing. Railgun manga, and the anime with it, is just part of the story. Actually, it's like taking out the action and serving it aside the main dish, for all those who are too bored with the explanations. You can read Toaru Majutsu no Index, the whole thing, to understand the world setting. The anime for that one is good too, but it's a little less than half the story. The original is a novel, not too easy to find right now since it's been licensed, maybe you can find it in a bookstore.

Rather have a 3rd season of Railgun tbh

Not gonna happen,because the author take notice of the awful first railgun season and the Misaka fandom,hate it ,and,since then,everything what happen in Index affects Railgun.

You jus can't ignore Index.Again,looks what happen in Railgun anime:they try to avoid Touma(because...he is a man),hence The Sisters Arc.That stupidity give us lots and lots of slooooooooow yuribait  boring fillers.

And in S2,well,it was unavoidable,The Sisters Arc was the next thing to do if you want the story go further,that mean Touma,Accelerator,and (gasp) dead Misaka's.

I was laughing when the same exacts episodes of Index shows up in Railgun but with better animation.All because that shitty S1.

So first,Index S3,and then the spin-off ,Railgun S3.It can't be otherwise,to dismay of fans of Misaka/yuri.

So... The town where this girls live is called 'Academic City,' right? But so far, it's better to call the town as 'Duel City'... Dun get me wrong, this is one of the finest fantasy story that I've read so far... In term of setting concistency, plot n twist, n character development n interactio
The memes are back! I feel alive again! :D

Rather have a 3rd season of Railgun tbh

The index III joke never gets old lol.

And Scavenger is finally out of the scene! She looked fine under the mask, so why wear it?

Code Geass got Season 3...Nuff said.

Index III memes...!
They're back!

What do you know? The gamble actually paid off without a hitch! All thanks to Gekota!

Also the other members of Scavenger didn't know about Seike's Real Gender?! How long have they known each other?!

Well, it's not like they bathe together or anything like that, right?

Great chapter, though I do hope Misaki actually shows up.  It'd be hilarious.

This kid just keeps dodging bullets coin railgun 

Fix'd

This kid just keeps dodging bullets 

So they're not meeting up?!
Need my Misaki.
Hell need my ToumaxMisaki.
And while im at it, INDEX III.

What do you know? The gamble actually paid off without a hitch! All thanks to Gekota!

Also the other members of Scavenger didn't know about Seike's Real Gender?! How long have they known each other?!

Aw, no end credit page this time... Is this where the "Where's Index III?!" meme ends?

Considering Code Geass sequel was just announced after 8 years it seems possible.

One can only dream right?

Aw, no end credit page this time... Is this where the "Where's Index III?!" meme ends?

No one who loves Gekota can possibly be bad, right Misaka?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics