Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.39 - 387votes)

Kurogane (IKEZAWA Haruto)

Alt Names:
Author: Ikezawa Haruto
Artist: Ikezawa Haruto
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyMartial Arts Martial ArtsRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSports SportsSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kurogane Hiroto is in high school, where he is academically the top of his class but literally the worst in physical activity. Born with a weak body, he has no endurance, speed nor strength and Hiroto wants nothing more than to be a hero. Fate teases him by giving him phenomenal eye sight, which allows him to see well beyond anyone else in sports, but his body is not able to react to any of it.

He learns from his friend Shiratori, who wants to recruit him for the Kendo team, about a rumor about a ghost named Tojo Sayuri, who wields a katana and haunts an alley in the city. Half curious, Hiroto goes there only to find that the ghost is real and that Tojo Sayuri has been looking for a successor to her Sakura sword style for 150 years. Sayuri chooses him as the successor after being able to dodge her attack and forces him to learn the Sakura style. Even with the help of the ancient swordsman ghost, Hiroto has to overcome his poor motor skills in order to be the hero he always wanted to be.
Go to Kurogane (IKEZAWA Haruto) Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Cancelled New Window eduard34
  • 29 Replies
Topic This series and Kendo New Window ValorantX
  • 33 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window malgod
  • 84 Replies
Topic A Tragedy New Window Cassanova
  • 15 Replies
Topic Hazakura Shido New Window lethryx
  • 0 Replies
Topic What do you think so far? New Window ValorantX
  • 17 Replies

602 Comments

That's why people say "don't play with sword" even a bamboo sword can axe any manga it wants...
@Cydric Had to happen...I liked the way it started, but in the latest chapters it's like all the characters think themselves to be part of the shinsengumi...This isn't the bakumatsu, this is a fucking highschool tournament....
I knew I had seen that captain's eyebrows somewhere before.

Posted Image
note: i wasnt referring to the bromance in the recent chapters......just to make it clear XD
just when its getting interesting

Posted Image
@Cydric
... this can only be a bad joke.
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Awesome new chapter, thanks a lot S2Scans!!
Uhh, there's so much drama over nothing it gets really annoying.
Welp, looks like this got cancelled.
So a match of good vs. evil. who will emerge victorius?
@AzureNova
that is usually the case when you order your burger with ketchup and they add choy sauce instead.
Hey Rakuyou's team, Bleach is the other way...
@Railander
Like I said, I find it hilarious how some people are reacting, and I myself am only finding something to comment on as you said yourself. I didn't suggest that people want gays to burn, just that there is an apparent aversion to bromance that causes some people to stop reading this manga. As for the manly fights and a certain endowed ghost, they are still there for you and others to enjoy :)
too much unclear and weird character just for kendo match
Hell yeah, brofist.
Well, it is hard not to notice overly long legs and pronounced hips on MALES in a SHOUNEN manga, even without the so-called bromance. The other aspects of the story can overshadow those parts easily. I don't notice such things in Noblesse anymore. Maybe it could be the same for Kurogane too.

Anyone else think the era of flashy character designs where uncalled for is gone? In shounen action from the late 90s it would be normal to have all new important characters (and not-so-important characters too), especially the bad guys, to have flashy designs with tattoos, piercings, masks, weird hairstyles and fantastic costumes, etc. And the personalities.... I don't know about other readers, but I always notice it when such things appear in more "modern" manga. I'm wondering if the Rakuyou team might be an indication that we might see some outrageous people in the future.
Haha that pose at page 14.... he probably thought he looked so cool. I loled when I saw that.
Lol, the whole team was like: "Yay, at this rate we're gonna win this thing!" Then that old guy was like: "Denied!" :P
@AzureNova
i
doubt anyone is seriously complaining about it. before labelling people "homophobic" try to understand the real reason behind the comments.
we expect to see manly fights and maybe a busty ghost and out of nowhere some very suspicious scenes arrive, its impossible not to notice and comment about it, because honestly we're always looking for something to comment on, and its funny reading on it.
nobody is seriously saying things like "GAYS SHOULD BE BURNED ON A STICK".
chill.
Didn't work ha, okay just go to youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJVt8kUAm9Q
Yeah guys, that's is Bromance.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EJVt8kUAm9Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
thanks S2Scans!!
I find it hilarious how homophobic some of the readers are here. True the bromance is a bit sappy, but it doesn't really deter from the manga's main purpose. It's just a way to appeal to both genders. I'm willing to bet if it were some girlmance instead, most of you would be happy about it.
Woooo Chapter 50
Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics