Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.63 - 73votes)

Mix

Alt Names: alt ミックス
Author: Adachi Mitsuru
Artist: Adachi Mitsuru
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Adachi's second serialization in Gessan Shounen Sunday, follows the story of three siblings, students of Meisei Middle School. Takes place 26 years after Adachi's biggest title, Touch (http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/touch-r1281), and is supposedly a sequel.
Go to Mix Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Comadrin
  • 59 Replies
Topic Touch References (spoilers) New Window bane_ecf
  • 3 Replies
Topic Is this going to be another "slow production" Adachi manga? New Window Comadrin
  • 3 Replies

305 Comments

A lot of people agree with you on that point, but I have to admit that while Cross Game is probably my favorite Adachi manga, I really enjoyed both Niji Iro Togashi and Itsumo Misora.  I also like Q&A quite a bit, and the sports in that one was almost a second thought.  Pretty much, I just really enjoy his writing and his art.

I agree with Q&A - although I feel this was one where the story fell through a bit and I think was aborted half-way or two-thirds of the way through, either by himself or the editors. Also, Q&A had track and field as its base, didn't it? Having said that, there's an example where the sports-themed ones don't go far either (Idol A) so I think he's consistently trying to find a balance. 

I also think Niji Iro Togashi was him trying to imitate Takahashi Rumiko - felt the setting was more like one of her works rather than his. 

A NEW CHAPTER!!! WOOOOOO!! Thank you ryColaa!!!!

Thank you RyColaa for picking this up.

i waited so long :(

Mix is back?! Thank you so much!

Adachi really has a "feel", and he uses it consistently in all of his works. It seems to work best when he has sports to guide him, while he doesn't do so well when left to imagine his own devices (Niji iro Togashi, Itsumo Misora).

A lot of people agree with you on that point, but I have to admit that while Cross Game is probably my favorite Adachi manga, I really enjoyed both Niji Iro Togashi and Itsumo Misora.  I also like Q&A quite a bit, and the sports in that one was almost a second thought.  Pretty much, I just really enjoy his writing and his art.

Has burucchi dropped scanning this? Been rereading Adachi's other mangas just to keep my Adachi fix at bay :P

Akai is going to join his brother to get Otomi to look at him, it'll be Akai broz versus Tachibana broz. But I want him to join meisei and be an awesome infielder and defeat his bro xD. I like him.

If you've read H2, you'll enjoy Touch. It's very similar structurally and character-wise. I think that that's actually a weakness of Adachi. He makes fun manga but he tends to retread the same ideas in his manga. Mix is different in that he breaks the 4th wall way more than in his other manga where he'd only make passing references to his other works.

I feel Adachi gets better each iteration. He goes through each series and takes what worked in each and takes it into the next (or the one after) and it refined into something better. Adachi reuses character designs - you'll note that Touma looks pretty much like all the MCs, Otomi looks like the main girl from Cross Game. He knows this too, and makes references time after time to it. 

Chronologically, it goes Touch -> H2 -> Cross Game -> Mix, and you'll see a lot of similar themes and characters in all of them. 

In that sense, Touch will seem a little slow, a little clumsy and might drag on for people more accustomed to the flow of Cross Game or Mix, but because it's more of his first you get to see what he starts with and chucks out. You'll see what he uses elsewhere (Katsu, mainly for the boxing theme) as well. 

Adachi really has a "feel", and he uses it consistently in all of his works. It seems to work best when he has sports to guide him, while he doesn't do so well when left to imagine his own devices (Niji iro Togashi, Itsumo Misora).

Hooray!  Three chapter blast to feed my Adachi addiction.  Thanks, Tenko, you folks rock!!

Thanks again Tenko, love this series.

I read H2 in january and as expected what a emotional ride it was.

I need to re-read MIX to get few parts of the story.

Touma showed respect to that 3rd year guy and Punch got Screentime.

Let's see when i get the courage to read TOUCH.

If you've read H2, you'll enjoy Touch. It's very similar structurally and character-wise. I think that that's actually a weakness of Adachi. He makes fun manga but he tends to retread the same ideas in his manga. Mix is different in that he breaks the 4th wall way more than in his other manga where he'd only make passing references to his other works.

I read H2 in january and as expected what a emotional ride it was.

I need to re-read MIX to get few parts of the story.

Touma showed respect to that 3rd year guy and Punch got Screentime.

Let's see when i get the courage to read TOUCH.

Those last few pages.... HOLY SHIT. It puts a whole new spin on the former pitcher's actions. I got goosebumps.

Yay, thanks for the new chapter.

Spoiler

Dang, how do I put spoiler tag? Can anyone teach me?

Thx :)

I think you can't put the "ch 46" marker there. just spoiler tag would work.

Yay, thanks for the new chapter.

Spoiler

Dang, how do I put spoiler tag? Can anyone teach me?

Thx :)

Thanks for the new chapter Tenko. 

MIX 046

http://raw.senmanga.com/MIX/46/1

I have to re-read chapters to get the whole situation again.

These monthly releases ensured we will see MIX till 2019.

As always Funny Coach's 1 liners.

Punch you will get some screentime. Jut be patient.

Ty for the release guys!

Yes!  I was going through Adachi withdrawal again, and a new chapter popped up to save me.  Thanks, Tenko.

wow thank you for the release ^^

Nice new chapters, thanks :)

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics