Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.55 - 190votes)

The Friendly Winter

Alt Names: alt Da-jeong-han Gyeo-wulalt 다정한 겨울alt The Affectionate Winter
Author: Lee Jun
Artist: Lee Jun
Genres: Drama DramaPsychological PsychologicalSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: A girl with a rare growth disorder that leaves her in the body of a child at the age of 19 meets a boy with a mental disorder who has the mind of a small boy in a 17 year old form. 'The Friendly Winter' shares with us the endearing story of their day-to-day lives, joys and tribulations.

Note: The author has split the storyline into seasons. The volume number represents the season number.

Original webcomic: http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/view/friendlywinter
Go to The Friendly Winter Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic The Friendly Winter Discussion New Window svines85
  • 298 Replies
Topic Guesses on the ending here. New Window d4rk
  • 7 Replies
Topic Korean Censorship of Webtoons??? New Window Comadrin
  • 4 Replies

702 Comments

o__o Svine what did you recommend me to read, you.
@XxionxX: you are totaly right o_o
Lol this drams is hilarious.
Thank you Supreme Cream Scanlations for doing such a wonderful work.
Thanks for the last chapter :D
Jeez Supreme Cream Scanlations do you guys ever sleep!? You guys have been outputting almost a chapter a day for weeks! I really appreciate it, but take a break! You deserve it.
@adva
The exchange you're talking about between Da-Jeong and her mother in chp 5 is exactly when I started thinking there was a lot more to this than we know. Look at the rest of the exchange again and not just her last words to her. There is a lot more there between the lines.
@svines85 it still doesn't matter how pained she looked i bet she didn't start thinking about the awful things she said to her daughter until later on and now she wants to be part of her life i got to say a little to late for that don't you think?

@Silent Crucifix I agree with you the mom shall be forever known as the bitch mom its a name that fits her well although i have other names i would like to call her :P
@Randrakan564
I think there's still more to their breakup and the current situation than we know. I'm not saying it's going to fully redeem her mother, but I do think there's more to it. Her mother seemed genuinely pained at not being able to see her and how dad was handling the family affairs. Also, the conversation didn't make it seem like it was something that had come about after years of estrangement either.
Bitch Mom, "Who are you to help other people when you can't even look after your own family"
Me, "Seriously?"

Still, This chapter seemed to cool much of the hate I have for Bitch Mom (although her name may forever remain the same, to me). If you change your point of view, and try to see it through her eyes, it seems like it wasn't her choice to leave.
Da's father could just have easily kicked Bitch Mom out for some soon to be explained reason. When you think about it. The dad seems to know who Minseo is. Plus, what good reason would Bitch Mom have for keeping such close tabs on the two of them if she truly wanted to get away to begin with?

Gah! Looks like I might not be able to keep my hate for her when the truth is revealed.
Kudos for Yeong-Jun, a great father,

The man has no money, but he has enough love for his daughter to stand tall agianst anyone who threatens his little girl's feelings.

It's always nice to see the scenario where the father is the good guy who will sticks with his daughter no matter what, and the mother is the one who left the house.

Good change of pace, single mother raises her kid alone because dad ran away is just too much common, it's just the easy way to start some drama.
So it appears that bitch mother left because her husband was too nice and didn't handle/gain money well enough for them to live in luxury. After she left she apparently sent him some money and told him to take it not for him but for her "dear" daughter...being a father before being a man he swallowed his pride and took the money that they actually needed. I don't blame him for it...he needed to think of his daughter, but good on him for saying she was pushing it and he'd give the money back.

So basically she left cause of money (and possibly because of her daughter) and then tried to redeem herself by sending money to her daughter years later...Woooooooow...he bitch level is reaching critical levels.
No...after all she has done, there is nothing she can do to redeem herself...some things are unforgivable no matter what the reason or how you try to fix them after. She left her daughter when the family needed money, she left a disabled daughter with a weak body when she was just a child, she blamed it on her daughter TO HER FACE...she possibly cheated and had another daughter with another man WHILE with her ex-husband (I mean...one daughter is 19 and the other should be 16...she left when the girl was around 7 or 8 so do the match...).
Nothing she can do now SHOULD be forgiven...in manga these things usually end up being forgiven later on but I sure damn hope she never forgives that bitch of a mother...I hope her her dear second daughter also starts to hate her...fuck it! I hope she gets steamrolled by a car right after being told she's hated...she deserves no less.

There have been few characters in manga/anime that have garnered so much rage from me.
Great new chapter, thanks Supreme Cream Scanlations!!
WOOT go dad tell that bitch how it is!
well we can all agree that the mother is a bitch
@purple:
that's a bit much to expect from someone who's been treated like a kid their whole life. she's probably never learned to take responsibility for other people, since nobody ever let her do that. she must be quite the novice when it comes to babysitting
I bet that worthless non mother of hers will ask the dad to keep her daughter away from her new family/daughter, cause that is the sort she seems like.

That was sad that that girl has stolen not only her mother but the guy she likes, completely unknowingly but still...
android 4ever:)
Ch 17: Argh, jeeze girl you're 19, be a bit responsible! Sorry, sorry, dad reflexes kicking in . . . but honestly!
the mother didn't think very well......i think she will say something like:

mother: hey your daughter is angry with my daughter with no reason.....tell her to stay away

when the thing that she should say.....and she won't (i think) is:

mother: ohh the daughter that i had with you is angry with the daughter that i had after leaving you all on your own with debts aaaaaaand a kid
By the looks of the next episode seems like Da's father is gonna put her bitch mom in her place. God I hope.
Thanks Supreme Cream!!

i can't wait for the conversation to come between mom and dad
I figure the romance tag might be for the parents, since the MCs have more of a brotherly/sisterly feel... But I would be happy with any development that is not depressing lol.
I don't know why, but I don't like the two of them (Shiwoo and the girl) together. I know it's kind of impossible for Dae-jong to end up with Shiwoo (and I'll be more than happy if the romance tag of this webtoon doesn't pertain to Dae-jong and Min-seong) but still, I don't like him with that young girl. The two of them on a date pisses me off :/
Every chapter she shows up I wanna run up to her and drop kick that bitch of a mother in the face...

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics