Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.53 - 157votes)

Omamori Himari

Alt Names: alt おまもりひまりalt Protective Charm Himari
Author: Matra Milan
Artist: Matra Milan
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiHarem HaremRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Sixteen-year-old orphan Yuuto Amakawa has terrible cat allergies. So when he finds himself suddenly face to face with a beautiful girl who makes those allergies act up one morning, he’s left wondering about her identity. And when she saves Yuuto and his friends from a demon spirit with a very real, very sharp sword, she reveals herself as a sworn protector of the Amakawa family and a demon spirit to boot! Poor Yuuto, now that he’s living with an otherworldy samurai catgirl, his runny nose is the least of his worries!
Go to Omamori Himari Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window greensoulreaper
  • 9 Replies

343 Comments

Up to chapter 69 in raws

Another argument for "Yuuto will find a way to save Himari from going crazy (or at least manage to bring her back afterwards)":

They've been mentioning the "Himari will go crazy"-thing from the very beginning. Not as an "this might happen and needs to be prevented"-thing, but actually as "this will definitely happen, it's just a matter of time". Himari said she'd probably be the first demon Yuuto would have to slay, Shizuku found out that all ancestors of Himari had gone crazy and had to be brought down by their masters, Himari enjoying battle a little to much, and so on...

Now, I'm not going to say that every story needs an unexpected twist, but this would be far to straightforward. If it was "there's the danger that Himari could go crazy", then I'd be convinced that it would happen at some point, and it might be the end of her. But the way it is right now, with all this "inevitable craziness"? She's still definitely going to go crazy, but if there isn't even a chance of bringing her back, it would feel far to cheap.

in early story, they already tell the basic final plot ...

Himari will become dark ... and Yuuto will need to kill her ...

just like Himari old ancestor being killed by Yuuto ancestor ...

They said that always happened before, the cat demons going crazy and their masters having to put them down. Which begs the question: How was the first ancestor of Himari even "captured" in the first place?

If I remember correctly, when the class president's mind was controlled by the Kyuubi, someone suggested Yuuto using hos family's ability to clear her mind, but he refused because messing with someone's head was to risky. That suggests that there is a possibility for the Amakawa's family ability to be used to affect someone's mind, even though it isn't easy. I guess that's how the first of Himari's ancestors was brought down from "homicidal demon" to "family guardian", and how Himari will be brought back from "murderous monster".

and if Himari get dead, her leftover body / corpse can be used as amulet (Himari already sworn will use anything to defeat enemy ... probably including with her corpse)

youkai corpse can be used as medicine or amulet ...

thus this will show the title ...

"Omamori Himari" as Amulet from Himari ...

this might mean Himari give amulet ...

or ...

the amulet comes being made from her body / corpse ...

Yuuto had an omamori/talisman until his 16th birthday, to protect him and to seal his abilities. Since the talisman vanished in the night before the first chapter, and Himari appears right that very moment, I took the name "Omamori Himari" simply as Himari taking the place of the talisman whose power has run out.

Don't be so certain by that.

Spoiler

Well, it's just my opinion though

Btw, here's some newest development, according to those folks on jcafe24:

Spoiler

Pretty interesting... mm...

Spoiler

And about...

Spoiler

Don't be so certain by that.

Spoiler

Well, it's just my opinion though

Btw, here's some newest development, according to those folks on jcafe24:

Spoiler

and if Himari get dead, her leftover body / corpse can be used as amulet (Himari already sworn will use anything to defeat enemy ... probably including with her corpse)

or ...

"Omamori" can also means keepsake from someone departing (dead) or goes far away ...

I think it what we want to see... but what happen if Yuuto becames dark at last?

;_; I hope this isn't the beginning of himari's descent into darkness.

or ...

"Omamori" can also means keepsake from someone departing (dead) or goes far away ...

;_; I hope this isn't the beginning of himari's descent into darkness.

this mc is a scrawny turd, needs to go to a gym or eat more junk food so he doesn't look like a skeleton
@ dgemulate & Wanderer
Spoiler

Damnit, now that I think about it, I only wish the anime had continued on.... *sigh*
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Why did they kill her x.x

Spoiler
Spoiler
I have a feeling that Himari will end up being evil soon
wow, thank god it's only throat ...
my opinion for this manga might change quite a lot if she gut out that loli inside out and start slurping the inside like a bloody sausage ...

err, should we tag guro / horror in here now ?
Wow, someone was quite hungry in the latest chapter~
kueso ;_;

Hypothetically if this were on the verge of ending, I can't tell if its good or bad. Yuuto finally is half decent as a demon slayer,but then he's just get all badass and boring later on down the road.

loved this series

Thanks for the uploads

need more pl0x
Gear Brylls: "Pound for pound, foxes like these have more protein than beef or fish; they are the perfect survival food."
A wise man once said these words to me.
:truestory:
And that's my friends, how the apocalipsis of youkais zombies will star.
Taking "eating her out" in a different way...
"Om nom nom" comes to the surface as a fetish? Next chapter,
Spoiler

Go Yuuto! Hit her with your ultimate attack, "YOU WILL NOW JOIN MAH HAREM GROPE ATTACK!!!"

Come on, I just know he's gonna grope her(by mistake?) somehow during all the seriousness, be it her tits, ass, p***y, or MAYBE her soft fluffy tails!
Mmmm, tails.....
*Goes back to play MGQ for the Tamamo scenes*
nom nom nom
My God...This chapter was good
Spoiler
they are just hungry...They should have some snickers:P So Himaris rampage next chapter?

and finally the main male char isn't acting like a wussy
biting this, biting that ...
biting all the way ... =3= ...
whoa all this biting...

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics