Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.58 - 52votes)

Kaiouki

Alt Names: alt คัยโอขิ พลิกตำนานจ้าวสมุทรalt Kaikoukialt Kaiokialt Tale of the Sea Kingalt 海皇紀
Author: Kawahara Masatoshi
Artist: Kawahara Masatoshi
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyFantasy FantasyHistorical HistoricalMartial Arts Martial ArtsMystery MysteryRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In a world lost within the mists of time, the People of the Sea rule the oceans uncontested by any, owing to their ever-vigilant guardians, the legendary Shadow Ships.

Enter Pan Gamma Vizen, the unlikely captain of one of these mysterious vessels and its motley crew. They drink constantly, they gamble shamelessly, and would rather take a nap under the midday sun than toil after glory or riches. The very picture of a lazy, happy-go-lucky ragtag team of sailors.. or are they?

In their journeys, they will encouter the last surviving princess from a fallen dynasty, the warrior rummored to be the deadliest swordsman in the world, a fledgeling emperor zealously dedicated to the fulfillment of his divine destiny, and more.. but none more mysterious or enthralling than Pan Gamma Vizen himself and his ever-present, enigmatic smirk.

As a potent, ancient magic known as "science" enters the world stage, events quickly spiral into a dark conspiracy that threatens to swallow the entire world in the flames of war.

The only man who can hope to make his stand before this storm of storms is the carefree, careless captain of a single black ship.

This is the tale of the Sea King.
Go to Kaiouki Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Kaiouki fans, when and how did you first find it? New Window FenrysWolf
  • 4 Replies
Topic Kaiouki - Tale of the Sea King: Seeking helpers / wish to join group interested in picking up this project New Window GreyWolf
  • 12 Replies
Topic Kaiouki - Nautical terminology New Window FenrysWolf
  • 4 Replies
Topic Latest chapter discussion [spoilers] New Window FenrysWolf
  • 0 Replies

87 Comments

So, 1 more volume down...

A whole lot more to go.

Anyway, enjoy the read everyone! (And sorry, I made a few typos... >_>)

Reading this now, and it's looking pretty awesome. Except for the retard siblings.

Here's a new chapter.

Mainly my fault it took this long, sorry everyone...

Anyway, always looking for typesetters/proofreaders.

Leave a message if you want to help.

You a beast. 

the manga version of 'the transported man' lol. seriously, this is the only manga that i never tire of rereading. MC is just too awesome. he's strong physically, has the smarts and cunning, he doesnt just flaunt all his abilities to overpower people, but still overpowers them, and he has the trust, respect and awe of everyone around him including his enemies. he's like the final version of all shounen/seinen male MCs without all the annoying insecurities, clumsiness and indecisiveness.

Amazing chapter, thanks for the release. :D

Here's a new chapter.

Mainly my fault it took this long, sorry everyone...

Anyway, always looking for typesetters/proofreaders.

Leave a message if you want to help.

Re-reading because we were so generously given a new chapter!  Thanks, um, No Group & Cave Scanlations!

Spoiler

Hmm, I'd guess that the fake magician has a twin brother. That would be the simplest answer at least.

Also thanks for the chapter marc, shorty, minitaurus and cave scans. :)

I'm guessing it's science that makes him "disappear". We don't know how far advanced their science is, so it could be something like a hologram. Or a simple mirror trick.

Also: if you have to keep your people drugged, you're not a good ruler.

Finally: Thanks for the chapter! :D

Thanks for new chapter, No Group&Cave Scanlations.

Man she sooooooooooooooo annoying!!!! can anyone tell me how long she gonna be like that? but please dont tell me its gonna be like that till then end,,,

More Kaiouki!  Thanks so much, er, shortykils!

Spoiler

aha that girl is stupid, she still needs to pay her body to Pan.

dam this stuff is awesome, only chapter 9

I like so much the work of this author. Thx's guys for the release. (i know my english is poor 'cause i'm not a fluent in the area.)

Thanks for the release, this is so interesting and it seems like the plot is really starting to gain some momentum.

This is rather interesting :)

Doesn't the status refer to the scanlation status? I know a number of manga that are completed in country of origin marked as ongoing due to their incomplete scanlation status.

It's probably supposed to be that way...

Changed it.

ohhhhh, I can't believe! kaiouki came back!!!! Thank youuuuu so much shortykils & minitaurus :D

Now I'm looking forward to next chapters!

The manga is complete, and scans from volumes 1 to 45 can be found.

Work on the scanlation side has stalled at what you see here.

Doesn't the status refer to the scanlation status? I know a number of manga that are completed in country of origin marked as ongoing due to their incomplete scanlation status.

Why is this marked complete when its not?

The manga is complete, and scans from volumes 1 to 45 can be found.

Work on the scanlation side has stalled at what you see here.

Why is this marked complete when its not?
It's been awhile so I guess I'll post this.
If any group wishes to pick this up before FenrysWolf returns, send me a pm.
We are willing to help out. (We have up to volume 8 cleaned)
Wow, this is good !
Thank you very much FenrysWolf

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics