Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Kaiouki - Tale of the Sea King: Seeking helpers / wish to join group interested in picking up this project

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

GreyWolf

GreyWolf

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
Already posted some variant of this message in another section of the forums, but I've yet to find the *deep bow and reverent tone* "Chosen Ones".

Hey there, I'm currently the guilty party who badly mangled the editing and translation of chapter 5 and upwards of Kaiouki. Truth to tell though, that was my very first shot at scanlating anything, and with my kindergarten level photoshop skills, it was the best I could do given the time constrains.

I still chose to go ahead with it because Kaiouki is a great story and I want to share it as far and wide as possible. I decided that polish and refinement could take a backseat to the awesome story, so my focus is to churn out chapters as fast and furious as they come.

I've got quite the hefty stack of raws here, so I should be able to keep the goodies coming in a steady stream. Now, whether that stream is a miserable trickle or a towering tsunami.. well, that all depends on whether I can get some help.

So, if you've got some spare time in your hands and are a fan of Kaiouki, speak up! No experience necessary, since as you can probably already tell from ch. 5, I'm the lowliest of worms poring over a copious amount of pages and hoping someday I'll turn into a boooootiful butterfly ^^V

'Sides, everything is more fun when you share it with others. So, consider this my very friendly entreaty to you, personally. Join me and lets make merry!

Oh, and if you already belong to a group, then by all means, I'd love to join! Just tell me what I gotta do boss! *sharp salute*

With that, it is time to get back to work on chapter 7. The plot thickens and there is evil afoot! ^^

Edited by GreyWolf, 09 December 2012 - 06:47 AM.

dirtloot

dirtloot

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
Only 1 thing to say here. Great job and please keep up the good work. It is much appreciated

FenrysWolf

FenrysWolf

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 12 posts
Thank you kindly, your comment is very much appreciated. I'll release chapter 8 tonight ^^V

shizno

shizno

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
Sent you a mail yesteday I think, anyways - If you need any help I'm a editor fledgeling, but I have some experience with photoshop! :)

FenrysWolf

FenrysWolf

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 12 posts
Thanks for the offer, that sounds great! I sent you an email and I look forward to your response. Lets do our best ^^

kokky

kokky

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Hi, thank you for the releases. If you're still looking for help, I can typeset and clean (kind of). Feel free to message me.

FenrysWolf

FenrysWolf

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 12 posts
Thank you for offering, I'll msg you right away ^^

Calavente

Calavente

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
well, not able to help... but I just wanted to put my not so random "note of appreciation"...

thanks for allowing me to discover this manga.

FenrysWolf

FenrysWolf

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 12 posts
I'm very glad that you did, and I hope you enjoy the manga for a long time to come. Go Kaiouki fans!

Zevm

Zevm

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationKobe

If you (or anyone else) are still pursuing this project but lack raws, I'm currently in Japan and can purchase a number of volumes of the series while here.
I have no experience scanlating and would not even have easy access to a scanner until I'm back in the states, but I'm willing to try.
This is not an offer that will be on the table for too long as I will be headed home in a short couple of months.
Please give a response as soon as you are able.
Also thanks again for all your hard work in bringing this series to us.

"All right, let me say now that with your history of drug abuse, it WAS CONCEIVABLE that you could produce a child with no head..."-Transmetropolitan

shortykils

shortykils

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 26 posts

@Zevm All raws already exist on the internet somewhere, so no need to go out spending money. =P

I can't quite remember where but I can find them again if we get a translator who's interested since Fenrys disappeared off the face of the earth.

Edit: Oh, found it again... It was still on my site history. Good thing I never clear that. >_>

Edited by shortykils, 24 May 2013 - 06:12 AM.

Posted Image

MiniTaurus

MiniTaurus

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

well, the series is printed and finished in my country, so I can help with translation

but, it feels kinda sneaky ><

shortykils

shortykils

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 26 posts

Well, scanlation itself is a pretty grey area.

To any others who wish to volunteer, please send a PM to me.  I'm currently heading up the project and recruiting. 

Typesetters, Proofreaders, cleaners, translators.  If you've got any skill that may help don't be shy.

Posted Image