Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.67 - 252votes)

Skip Beat!

Alt Names: alt !اسکیپ بیتalt 下一站巨星alt スキップ・ビート!alt 華麗的挑戰alt 스킵 비트!alt Skip Beatalt Не Сдавайся!
Author: Nakamura Yoshiki
Artist: Nakamura Yoshiki
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kyoko Mogami is the childhood friend of superstar Sho Fuwa. Kyoko was so mindlessly in love with Sho that she followed him to the city on his quest to become a famous singer. But she soon realizes Sho was only using her as his personal maid to take care of household chores and pay for rent. Heart-broken, Kyoko won't suffer in silence--she's going to get her sweet revenge by beating Sho in show biz!

A funny and entertaining romance story of a "diamond in the rough" trying to find her place in showbiz, and the mysterious pasts of the people around her.

====== NOTICE =======
We have been requested not to host this by Hakusensha. Please do not upload.
====== NOTICE =======
Go to Skip Beat! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window hoihei
  • 102 Replies
Topic Kickstarter for Skip Beat! anime US release! New Window Garlyle
  • 0 Replies
Topic percheeeeeeeeeeeé?? New Window Sasy_
  • 0 Replies
Topic I just finished the anime New Window Amorte
  • 3 Replies
Topic Favorite character in Skip Beat! New Window bumblebee310
  • 19 Replies
Topic Skip Beat! deutsch New Window harnomf
  • 3 Replies

513 Comments

Chapters 185 through 217 have been removed? What's with those weird numbers?

It's DMCA stuff. As long as you keep up with updates, you won't have to worry about missing chapters. If you wait longer to read the updated chapters, you might miss them. 

...the language is so broken up. I don't think it's the fault of S2S (i read other projects by them and they do great), I think the original content and placement are awkward. The way thoughts and dialogue are spread over several pages and in odd paneling makes it difficult to follow along.

Plus when you have dialogue, action, and inner thoughts all on the same page it gets really confusing. Well, that's kinda how shoujo is, but it's really all over the place in Skip Beat. 

I haven't noticed any strange paneling but recently, the content placement is a little unorganized as you've said. But it brings a sort of feeling that people usually have when they return to their normal job/life after a vacation-- things that you had left behind before going on vacation sort of get thrown your way with no warning and it's all over the place before things get settled back in. The mangaka is making quite a good use of this time by bringing in other necessary characters in order for the plot to move forward. Also this is unlike usual shoujo in the sense that a lot of shoujo stories seem to have this one path mindset--one thing is going on for the whole story and nothing else which is not like reality at all where multiple things are happening at the same time, conflicting/crossing/converging. This is me over thinking a little but I suppose it helped me see the "beauty" of the way the mangaka is going about this new arc. Then again it helps that I have no issues with following the flow of text even when there are different types of speech in a single page (not sure what you mean by broken up language). 

Oh snap, looks like Amamiya isn't getting that scarf.

Kyoukos gonna be wearing that scarf very quickly

Chapters 185 through 217 have been removed? What's with those weird numbers?

Oh snap, looks like Amamiya isn't getting that scarf.

sometimes i feel skip beat is shoujo's dragonball z. Introduce new antagonist/power-up/event and take forever to get to the actual start of it. Previous arc, they stared at each other for two chapters (that would be like eight chapters for a weekly manga) before getting to the kiss, and two chapters ago they showed the mother and they're just now getting to the meeting? 

and tbh i don't even know what's going on because the language is so broken up. I don't think it's the fault of S2S (i read other projects by them and they do great), I think the original content and placement are awkward. The way thoughts and dialogue are spread over several pages and in odd paneling makes it difficult to follow along.

Plus when you have dialogue, action, and inner thoughts all on the same page it gets really confusing. Well, that's kinda how shoujo is, but it's really all over the place in Skip Beat. 

I place my bet on Kyoko getting ignored/not recognised.

agreed, from previous descriptions of Kyouko's mother, my guess is that it would never occur to her that her daughter would be in the same location as her.

Amamiya finally smiled and the storm is brewing! What will happen next I wonder.

However is it okay for me to continue hating kyoko's mother even if she will get some redeeming chapters? (coz she will, mind you)

I place my bet on Kyoko getting ignored/not recognised.

This is almost as slow paced as oh my goddess was...

How about you ungrateful shits TL it yourself and quit coming here? THen maybe you will shut it about the time lag. Who cares the time it takes? You read it didn't you?

P.S. TY much for translations and cleaning any group, but S2 Scans atm :)

SHOTS BEEN FIRED! EVERYONE TAKE COVER!!

I still want to know why it takes them a full month after initial release to get their version out.

Because they have lives outside of scanlation?

[Also:

Spoiler

I'm familiar with British English, and the usage in Skip Beat! is still extremely awkward. Also, if they were using British English properly then they are forgetting the importance of British spelling . . . because most of the spelling is American English.

Spoiler

have to afmit I would like to see how Sho would react to Natsu or Setsu.  He's already a little weirded out by how easily Kyoko can change herself, I think Setsu might be too much for his mind to handle

I still want to know why it takes them a full month after initial release to get their version out.

I feel that the 'I say', 'I assure you', and all the other stuff is unnecessary to the story, but if S2Scans wants to keep the formalities than it's fine. (Personally, though, when reading I just skip over all the 'formal' phrases)

DMCA'd. Merry Christmas.

People still can upload new chapters though.

I'm familiar with British English, and the usage in Skip Beat! is still extremely awkward. Also, if they were using British English properly then they are forgetting the importance of British spelling . . . because most of the spelling is American English.

Well, I decided to leave it at that anyway. :/

I offered my assistance but it seems to be a misunderstanding, I am quoting the reply I received:

"I'm sure you mean well Yaana, but let me assure you that there's nothing wrong with the English being used in Skip Beat! The English being used in Skip Beat! is British English, which is fastly different from plain American English. Just because it doesn't use popular phrases or more modern language, doesn't mean it's wrong or awkward in the least. Skip Beat! uses such formal language and we decided to retain it in the translation is all to do justice to the story and the mangaka who wrote this wonderful story."

I thought as well that the English was a bit awkward at times but there seems to be no problem..

I know the group works very hard.....but I'll say this anyway, that was the worst tl I've ever read. Yes I can read the intent but not from that mess. I work with a lot of translations, yes I edit them too, I spend countless hours on it. That was not worth my time to read. If the job is worth doing please take some care with it. I could google translate the raw and get the same result

I offered my assistance but it seems to be a misunderstanding, I am quoting the reply I received:

"I'm sure you mean well Yaana, but let me assure you that there's nothing wrong with the English being used in Skip Beat! The English being used in Skip Beat! is British English, which is fastly different from plain American English. Just because it doesn't use popular phrases or more modern language, doesn't mean it's wrong or awkward in the least. Skip Beat! uses such formal language and we decided to retain it in the translation is all to do justice to the story and the mangaka who wrote this wonderful story."

I thought as well that the English was a bit awkward at times but there seems to be no problem..

I don't mean to be ungrateful–I am; I have always waited for releases here instead of reading early summaries and translation–but... does the translation seem awkward to anyone else? I can barely understand what's going on. I find all the "I tell you" and "I say" and "I am sure" to be very unnatural and distrac. :-/ Is it just me?

It's been going on for a while and I thought I should speak up. I will certainly keep on reading, though.

I know the group works very hard.....but I'll say this anyway, that was the worst tl I've ever read. Yes I can read the intent but not from that mess. I work with a lot of translations, yes I edit them too, I spend countless hours on it. That was not worth my time to read. If the job is worth doing please take some care with it. I could google translate the raw and get the same result

Swear to god if the this goes Shotaro x Kyouko I'm walking.

I highly doubt it...

But I think it's good that the two are talking to each other like human beings... and in order for Kyoko to move on she's got to make peace with the guy eventually.

I don't mean to be ungrateful–I am; I have always waited for releases here instead of reading early summaries and translation–but... does the translation seem awkward to anyone else? I can barely understand what's going on. I find all the "I tell you" and "I say" and "I am sure" to be very unnatural and distracting. :-/ Is it just me?

It's been going on for a while and I thought I should speak up. I will certainly keep on reading, though.

Not just you. S2Scans have always translated things into awkward english, especially skip beat. They do a great job in cleaning and details but the sentence structures tends to quite literal and very similiar to chinese so I assume their raw source was chinese. You sort of need to read in between the lines in order to make some sense.  Maybe you can volunteer to be their TL editor to help change the fluidity of the language.

I don't mean to be ungrateful–I am; I have always waited for releases here instead of reading early summaries and translation–but... does the translation seem awkward to anyone else? I can barely understand what's going on. I find all the "I tell you" and "I say" and "I am sure" to be very unnatural and distracting. :-/ Is it just me?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics