Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.17 - 116votes)

Sword Art Online - Aincrad

Alt Names: alt ソードアート・オンライン アインクラッドalt ソードアートオンラインalt SAOalt Sword Art Online
Author: Kawahara Reki
Artist: Nakamura Tamako
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The only way to escape is to ‘clear’ the game. Game over means actual ‘death’ —-The ten thousand who have logged onto the as of yet mysterious game ‘Sword Art Online’ have been forced into this perilous death game.Protagonist Kirito, one of the many gamers, has greeted this ‘truth’. He plays as a solo player in the giant castle that is the stage for this game —- ‘Aincrad’. To meet the conditions of clearing the game — getting through all 100 floors, Kirito fights his way through this quest alone.

Sequel:

> Sword Art Online - Fairy Dance
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/sword-art-online-fairy-dance-r8401 )

Alternate Story:

> Sword Art Online - Progressive
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/sword-art-online-progressive-r9604 )

Related:

> Sword Art Online. (4-koma)
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/sword-art-online-r4433 )
Go to Sword Art Online - Aincrad Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Some background info you won't find in manga and anime New Window Harbinger
  • 1 Replies
Topic SAO Image Pack + episode downloads New Window Palolo
  • 0 Replies
Topic Question about what happens during the second game. New Window Oblivion0117
  • 4 Replies

169 Comments

bullshit i bet , he hacked the game ,most likely he is the creator of the game
h
I don't think it's been axed, considering that it's popular enough that an anime is being made of it this summer. I'm guessing either the scan team is short on members or they're waiting on the newest raw to come out (might be an irregular release)
DAMN DAMN DAMNIT!!!!! I am soo frustrated... if u have read the interlude to Sword Art Online Vol 9 on Baka-Tsuki you too will... I wont spoil though :/... Gaaah!!!
@FranTRf was the manga axed or was it that there's just no scanlator?
@Verne Jules Cabading if u still care about who she is the answer is: some girl of kirito's past who is going to apear in a flashback soon, its a really tragic hitory. For more info give a pm or read de novel at baka-tsuki
damn!! i got excited thinking there'd be a new chapter, should've seen that coming..sigh
Looking forward to more chapters
nice cant waut for it...thy for info

on side note..seems summer is going to have better animes than spring in my opinion anyway
Looks like this will be an Anime during the Summer!!!!
Here is the link of Summer 2012
Manga just followed volume 1 route immediately, which is not good.

I feel the arc-order that will be aired in anime should abide the timeline

from Sao First day upto Lizbet (since lizbet is the character last in their order)

Not entirely sure if the murder case in aincrad will be added though
waiting so long for new chapter >.<
art could use some improvement. feels like a shoujo manga with all the awkward drawings. Usually most of the shonen stuff i read have a pretty decent drawing background. imo they should go with a more shonen orientented artist.

as for ppl who are wondering if the author is gunna troll you with NTR. There is absolutely no ntr throughout the whole series so far, (that i know of). It's kirito and asuna all the way.
Nvm found it --'
Mind giving a novel link since everyone speaks about it ?
hmm I really doubt I'm ever going to read this I just recommend people to go read the novel
Not bad, but I feel like its too rushed. They spend one page on events that should get 2-3 at least. And a lot of crucial explanation goes unmentioned. its like they expect you to have rad the LN beforehand.
@Frost
Spoiler
@Haha Mas
Spoiler
@Haha Mas
Spoiler
Questions to those who had read the LN.
Spoiler
I agree, it seemed too zoomed in, like you couldn't see half of what was going on. It felt really rushed. I like the story though, so I'll keep reading hoping that it'll get better.
aw come on man, now the manga leaves out so much of the good stuff. =( Didn't like how they portray the fighting scene in chapter 5 too, *sigh*
still, Kawahara Reki <3
Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics