Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.39 - 387votes)

Kurogane (IKEZAWA Haruto)

Alt Names:
Author: Ikezawa Haruto
Artist: Ikezawa Haruto
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyMartial Arts Martial ArtsRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSports SportsSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kurogane Hiroto is in high school, where he is academically the top of his class but literally the worst in physical activity. Born with a weak body, he has no endurance, speed nor strength and Hiroto wants nothing more than to be a hero. Fate teases him by giving him phenomenal eye sight, which allows him to see well beyond anyone else in sports, but his body is not able to react to any of it.

He learns from his friend Shiratori, who wants to recruit him for the Kendo team, about a rumor about a ghost named Tojo Sayuri, who wields a katana and haunts an alley in the city. Half curious, Hiroto goes there only to find that the ghost is real and that Tojo Sayuri has been looking for a successor to her Sakura sword style for 150 years. Sayuri chooses him as the successor after being able to dodge her attack and forces him to learn the Sakura style. Even with the help of the ancient swordsman ghost, Hiroto has to overcome his poor motor skills in order to be the hero he always wanted to be.
Go to Kurogane (IKEZAWA Haruto) Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Cancelled New Window eduard34
  • 29 Replies
Topic This series and Kendo New Window ValorantX
  • 33 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window malgod
  • 84 Replies
Topic A Tragedy New Window Cassanova
  • 15 Replies
Topic Hazakura Shido New Window lethryx
  • 0 Replies
Topic What do you think so far? New Window ValorantX
  • 17 Replies

602 Comments

With this over... just what am I supposed to read to kill time?

There is still one extra chapter... ^_^

Correct. It was, indeed, unpopular. Chiefly due to the author's ramblings, unfortunately. Although the art was, admitedly, more than adequate for a sprouting (as I'm led to believe) mangaka.

Although I enjoyed this Manga this is a fairly good point, the author was able to convey the action in the fight scenes to an amazing extent and his characters were top notch. I hope he finds a topic that he can show his beautiful flowing designs and has gotten a bit more experience with the writing side of things thanks to this.

And I just caught up....

so... anyone knows what Ikezawa Haruto's next work will be?

enjoy it while it lasts

this will never happen. the series was unpopular, which is the reason why a company won't have interest in publishing instead of trying something that could become a hit.

Correct. It was, indeed, unpopular. Chiefly due to the author's ramblings, unfortunately. Although the art was, admitedly, more than adequate for a sprouting (as I'm led to believe) mangaka. In all honesty, if the hunger for decent kendo-themed manga wasn't as high as it is, this would've never gotten so far to begin with. Anyway, best of luck to Haruto Ikzawa with his future proects. May they have more contents under the glossy veneer,

Axed....Sigh.  ("-_-)

Hikaru no Go... kendo style!

We need a manga equivalent of kickstarter for specifically this kind of story.

An unsatisfactory end with many loose ends but nevertheless. It was a great series. Let's hope that someday, the author will get a chance at Season 2/Continuation of this great series.

this will never happen. the series was unpopular, which is the reason why a company won't have interest in publishing instead of trying something that could become a hit.

yep, the only manga cancelled by jump that got a continuation is only To love-ru. Even that one need to migrate to another magazine, and it is ended per author's request in the first place, not because of poor readership.

I don't recall any manga which jump cancels ever got a continuation. Then again, I could be wrong.

"risk my life to do it" lol so overly dramatic

i just realized that this manga is tagged "shounen Ai " .... seriously ....

bhahahaha, it's gone now though!

i just realized that this manga is tagged "shounen Ai " .... seriously ....

An unsatisfactory end with many loose ends but nevertheless. It was a great series. Let's hope that someday, the author will get a chance at Season 2/Continuation of this great series.

*Sigh* Another great series axed..... The latest chapters felt so rushed. They could have gone on for at least 3 chapters per fight but instead it became 1. 

Visit S2Scans website and read the final chapters up to 68 if you're not willing to wait for updates here. Do note, however, that this manga was axed long before the time was due, so the ending might come through as... unsatisfactory. Just consider yourselves warned. Also a "thank you for your hard work" is in order, I believe, so thank you, S2S.

Just started reading, and gotta say I'm slightly disappointed, this is one of the rare series where I wish that fanservice wasn't involved, whatevs I still follow.

what??? its true i've only got weekly updates for a while, but i barely recall any fanservice in this. in fact, there's at least 10x more "bro service" than fanservice.

up to c68 huh, and 2 more extra chapters to go. although axed, it was great while it lasted.

http://vatoto.com/read/_/177125/kurogane_v7_ch56_by_s2scans/14

Wait, he's been practising martial arts the whole time without even realising such a thing...? Compared to the walking ghost-doll, oddly this seems less believable.

MangaCow which used to be known as NoManga has picked up this title along with Zippy Ziggy, don't know if they frown against linking elsewhere on Batoto so I'll just post the Group's page on Batoto.

http://vatoto.com/group/_/m/mangacow-r2730

Enjoy (:

S2SScans finished it already. Not sure why is not here but you can simply check their website.

The ending was sort of like how Slam Dunk ended.

But hey, at least he has a flower on each hand.

Since you're all bound to find out sooner or later, i'll break it to you now. It got cancelled... i know, it hurts but such is life when people don't buy manga. This is not the first great series to be cancelled nor, i'm afraid, shall it be the last.

._. Is that why there hasn't been an update? This Is the 3rd series in the last 5 months that I'v been reading, that got cancled. Dx

MangaCow which used to be known as NoManga has picked up this title along with Zippy Ziggy, don't know if they frown against linking elsewhere on Batoto so I'll just post the Group's page on Batoto.

http://vatoto.com/group/_/m/mangacow-r2730

Enjoy (:

Since you're all bound to find out sooner or later, i'll break it to you now. It got cancelled... i know, it hurts but such is life when people don't buy manga. This is not the first great series to be cancelled nor, i'm afraid, shall it be the last.

._. Is that why there hasn't been an update? This Is the 3rd series in the last 5 months that I'v been reading, that got cancled. Dx

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics