Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.17 - 116votes)

Sword Art Online - Aincrad

Alt Names: alt ソードアート・オンライン アインクラッドalt ソードアートオンラインalt SAOalt Sword Art Online
Author: Kawahara Reki
Artist: Nakamura Tamako
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The only way to escape is to ‘clear’ the game. Game over means actual ‘death’ —-The ten thousand who have logged onto the as of yet mysterious game ‘Sword Art Online’ have been forced into this perilous death game.Protagonist Kirito, one of the many gamers, has greeted this ‘truth’. He plays as a solo player in the giant castle that is the stage for this game —- ‘Aincrad’. To meet the conditions of clearing the game — getting through all 100 floors, Kirito fights his way through this quest alone.

Sequel:

> Sword Art Online - Fairy Dance
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/sword-art-online-fairy-dance-r8401 )

Alternate Story:

> Sword Art Online - Progressive
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/sword-art-online-progressive-r9604 )

Related:

> Sword Art Online. (4-koma)
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/sword-art-online-r4433 )
Go to Sword Art Online - Aincrad Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Some background info you won't find in manga and anime New Window Harbinger
  • 1 Replies
Topic SAO Image Pack + episode downloads New Window Palolo
  • 0 Replies
Topic Question about what happens during the second game. New Window Oblivion0117
  • 4 Replies

169 Comments

Pretty lame mmorpg. No magic, no ranged attacks. Even dual wielding two swords is a rare skill.
I feel disappointed because the Anime much better.

Well, in the Anime Kirito most looks like decent gamer than other gamers, and he have Leuloch attitude. Huahaha... *evil laugh*
Weird pacing. Still good.
Crap compared to the anime
i do hope the anime will follow the LNs like from SAO to ALO to GGO to Underworld.
Hax0r indeed.
lol 1 hell of a paladin playing speed hack.
guys, Kirito gets a harem end, no worries. Though, personally I feel that the manga could've been better. Th awesomeness of the LN was not conveyed well enough by the manga IMO. I can only hope the anime would be better.
I CALL HACKS!!!!!
@Freakydude

After reading the whole Vol 9 I settled down, was a good start if I think back properly ^^ well, I am really looking forward to both the anime and volume 10 that comes out almost same time :D
the light novel fans are quite huge judging from here and if the anime is a success in plot and art then the franchise would further gain more popularity. and they could make it like in seasons corresponding to the arcs which are already nicely laid out evenly in the volumes.
That dragon tamer girl is so cute in the cover picture. They better not make the skill look lame though.....
@Oggecc i understand what you mean i was all sad about it and angry why it had to be like that....
well, atleast i still wanted to read this manga, i hope in future this manga will better so SAO fan can enjoy this one
@fyulon
Dude, USE SPOILER TAGS....

As for this manga, it wasted the potential of SAO. There is nothing in SAO story that we haven't seen before. The only thing that makes it unique is authors writing style. Make use it and the effect will fabulous. Lose it, and the outcome will be an average sci-fi story in MMO setup.

The mangaka didn't notice this potential (not to mention the screwd up art...) and I fear that anime director will make the same mistake (just without screwing up the art).

The SAO story is good as it is, and the anime will include Aria in the Starless Night and side stories from Vol 2. As for me they should base the anime on Vol 1. only and if it's a success, the second season should cover ALO and needed sidestories from Vol .2 as retrospection.
hmm reading the light novel right now as a comparison.seems good.
bad turn
*sigh* I just don't feel the manga. The light novel was more awesome. I wonder what the anime covers, IIRC there's a seiyuu for Suguha which means it might cover Fairy Dance though maybe It would only be a flashback where Kirito remembers his family. I really want to see them cover Phantom Bullet (Sinon!!!) but I doubt it.
I actually don't like the manga series... The artwork could have been better. Also the way they express themselves should show more. Light novel definitely a whole lot better than the manga... It could just be me though. Hopefully the anime will show more emotions and details :D
this could be a long manga series if the author decides to keep going with it
LOL That's the same as Cheating. Kirito nearly destroyed him but due to his GM Powers, he used Steroids on himself to Dodge that attack and beat Kirito.
@Grim Valkrie nononono hes not cheat he is the maker of the game read the LN at http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Sword_Art_Online
Can't wait for the animePosted Image
Hacker alert!!!
that heathcliff dude are cheating,de bastard are using cheat..
not fun...
bullshit i bet , he hacked the game ,most likely he is the creator of the game
bullshit i bet , he hacked the game ,most likely he is the creator of the game

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics