Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Kubera Season 2 discussion Raws ,Till the end of the Rift 10(closed )

• Please log in to reply
4431 replies to this topic

Akasha

Akasha

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationGermany
Looks nice. Not all that much action, tough. But I didn´t ask for that, so ...

Teo & Gandharva as well as more information about the new characters are more than enough.

Edited by Akasha, 27 November 2012 - 01:44 AM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato
ahh, so it did get released, good deal. Wow, that's one heck of a climb Leez and Yuta are having, I can see now why they put up the disclaimer about anyone dying on the way to the temple wasn't their problem.

Tn7HA0h.png

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Omg! Sorry, I just finished typing out, I still need to Google translate, but a few things:
1. Yup, the Priest of Earth is a guy. I think he's Lorraine's cousin. He refers to Lorraine as Lorraine-nunim. Nunim, like Nuna, is an honorific only guys use.
2. OMG! That person at the end is Airi's brother! <3 <3 <3 He's writing to Airi. I am completely unable to figure out what he wrote though. >.>;;

.... Airi's brother!!!!!

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

Akasha

Akasha

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationGermany
The guy that usually badmounths Laila in their exchange diarys?

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Whoa, long chapter. No wonder it's late. And when I thought I had already reached halfway, I notice that the rest of the chapter is a wall of text. T_T Google Translation of the week:

---
About God Kubera's God-level item, the Golden Knight. Do you know where it is?

Leez is happy that she finally got up there. Altitude sickness? What's that? She looks for the Temple of Earth. Both temples are larger than the Temple of Fire. Then she sees the sign:
[<- Temple of Earth
Temple of Chaos ->
If you go to the Temple of Chaos, you can come back through the checkpoints]

Leez deduces that the Temple of Chaos is outside of the barrier, but why would that be the case? She deduces that since it's the Temple of "Chaos", its location is chaotic (or something like that?). In any case, the place she has to go to is the Temple of Earth, so she calls Yuta to come along. Yuta hesitates for a moment, then follows her when she calls him again.

Temple of Chaos
Teo notes that the banner is slightly crooked, so a little to the left... "In the Month of Chaos, the Temple welcomes visitors." Teo says that's just right, then too much. The other person notes that the number of visitors goes down each year, so they have to add more decorations to the Temple each year. (wow, that's kind of sad xD) Teo notes that in that case, she'd be out of work as the Priestess. She hopes there will be someone who will be able to move the Sword of Re. She then tells Gandharva to come over and help.

Siera asks, the Golden Knight? In that case, Asha came for nothing. It was stolen by thieves, and now it belongs to Lorraine-nunim. She bought it at an antique store for 200 gold. Asha notes it should be well-known that it belongs to the Priest of Earth. Siera notes that yes, but nunim won't bother until the law is decided. He doesn't know why so many Magicians voted against the law regarding stolen properties. Isn't it unreasonable? Why does he have to pay for stolen goods?

Asha asks why he's waiting until the law changes. Siera notes that he was prepared to buy it from his nunim for 10,000 gold but... [Lorraine: "Cousin's Special: 100,000 gold"] Siera complains about the amount. If the next priest needs it, there's no way they could afford the amount. It was stolen due to his carelessness, but he can't spend away the temple fortune like that.

Asha notes that it's known as the best item to amplify Divine affinity. Wasn't it placed safely in the temple? Siera notes that even so, the enchantment of Chaos is so strong that as long as the Chaos barrier is active, the Earth barrier is not needed. Furthermore, the bracelet eats up a surprising amount of energy. Once, when his energy was used up, the barrier disappeared. So he stopped using it, and it got stolen. (I think he wants to get it back before he retires?)

Asha notes that if the law on stolen goods passes... So here's what they are going to do. Nobody knows when the law will pass in the future, and it may not be when he's still around. [Guilt for Stolen Goods: In favor - 21%, Opposed - 79%]. In any case, Siera doesn't need the Golden Knight. So, he doesn't need to care about the law. So, if someone wants to reclaim the Golden Knight, could he promise not to tell? (not sure) If he promises that, Asha can hand him 50,000 gold.

Siera suddenly asks why Asha is talking about that. Isn't it with Lorraine-nunim? Others don't even know how to wear it anyway. It's difficult to promise. No, not difficult, but a bit strange. Asha replies that it is because someone in her party is wearing it, and is avoiding the law. [cue Leez promising to finish everything in 30 seconds, without leaving any leftovers, because those who do will go to Hell] Siera ponders that Asha's companions must be nice, if Lorraine-nunim would come too... wait, Wearing it? Asha replies that yes, that person is coming, Priest-nim.

Temple of Earth - annex
Someone is writing an exchange diary to Airi: (note: I can barely make out the characters, so it's probably not too accurate @_@ )
I Think he's telling Airi that he's in Kalibloom right now. After the attack on Atera, the number of Sura around Rindhallow went down a lot, so he managed to flawlessly escape? Anyway, I think he says Laila will throw a fit once she finds that he went on vacation "hahaha."

Someone calls out to "Claude-nim" (no idea about the spelling), and says she brought the material, and asks if he needs anything else. I think they came for the Golden Knight, but they came for nothing. The other person then notes that there's another guest: the magician ranked #5: Asha Rahiro. Does he know her? Claude says yes, this is good because he wanted to meet her.

___
Huh, a law regarding stolen goods. ... I guess a lot of magicians probably have stolen goods themselves? D: Hmm... the Temples of Earth and Chaos are larger than the Temple of Fire. It makes sense for the Temple of Chaos. I guess since God Kubera himself is rich, he built himself a huge temple? Hey look, for the law voting, it's the silhouette of one of the AA magicians! Looks like a guy, for once.

lol, the Temple of Chaos lacks visitors. Why am I imagining them trying to lure visitors via Pinkie Pie style parties? Gandharva gets roped into it too, of course. x'D Ooh, I guess Leez and Gandharva risk meeting soon enough. D: I'm not really sure about the sentences used by Asha and the Priest of Earth, but I think it basically amounts to Asha making him promise not to ask for the bracelet back. She's trying to bribe him with 50,000 gold for that?

Edit: Hey! Siera's profile is up! :D Name is Siera Sies. Pureblood, 31 years-old, Triple Kubera, Male. Currygom seems amused at the controversy surrounding his gender, noting how tall he is. xD Ooh, magician rank #10, A-rank.

Edited by Mizura, 27 November 2012 - 06:06 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato
thanks for the translation Mizura!! :)

Tn7HA0h.png

Akasha

Akasha

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationGermany
Thanks for translating this.

So there are only 9 completly top ranked magicians (A+ or AA or A++)? Guess even A+ is very rare.

Kernviter

Kernviter

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts
For those who have played Golden Sun, does anyone else think Siera looks a lot like Felix!? Awesome!

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK
Thanks, Mizura. :)

Teo, you go, girl! Way to get donkey work out of one of the most infamous Nastika! xD "No: it needs to be straighter than that. Why are you hanging that there, when I said here? Have you never hung bunting, streamers or balloons before?" :lol:

I wonder if her basically wishing her job away in increments with a brave smile is getting to Gandharva as much as me? :( She's not entirely comfy with her job, is she, even though she's giving it a good go for duty's sake... :(

And, I love all Asha's prep-work with Siera. :lol: "Um... not to panic you or anything, but... She's got what you've been wanting for ages, and is wearing it. But, she means well and didn't know what it was she accidentally 'stole' until it was clapped around her wrist..." Maybe in the next instalment "Oh... and she might have been given it by your god for his own reasons, maybe. Enjoy." :P

Wonder how that's going to go down with the Golden Knight recovery team... <_<

Edited by Euodiachloris, 27 November 2012 - 04:25 AM.

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

Akasha

Akasha

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationGermany
Lorraine propably isn´t going to mess with God!Kubera when she knows what´s up. She already tried to alter the Golden Knight once and got what she got: An impression about God!Kuberas unpleasant personality. ;P

Who is the third guy at the Chaos temple?

And Gandharva (while Teo is fine in her armor) in heavy clothes to protect himself from cold temperatues? Irony, isn´t it?

Guess Teo got the pants on in their current relationship.

Edited by Akasha, 27 November 2012 - 04:30 AM.

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

And Gandharva (while Teo is fine in her armor) in heavy clothes to protect himself from cold temperatues? Irony, isn´t it?

He's being a good boy and maintaining the disguise. :lol: Even if he wouldn't mind sporting about in the nice ice and snow a bit. :D

Guess Teo got the pants on in their current relationship.

Um... yup. :D I'm in two minds if he's just putting up with it... or enjoying it on some level. <_< Something that's got me for a while... in many ways, he's actually quite a passive, neutral kind of guy. :P He's only got a few very large buttons, that, when pushed... pretty much stay pushed until the pushee is dead and/or the situation is sorted. <_<

Heck, left to his own devices, I think he'd spend most of his life at the bottom of an ocean trench with his clan. :P

Edited by Euodiachloris, 27 November 2012 - 04:43 AM.

PlotCap.png

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

fiveseconds

fiveseconds

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 228 posts
I thought at first that Airi's brother is also an AA because of the way his skirt is similar to the first AA's, but it doesn't look like it.

I swear those blue haired guys are showing up everywhere. I think they're all related.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
You know, the Golden Knight is beginning to sound as though it converts vigor into Divine Affinity. What a troublesome item. >.>;;

Anyway, to answer Akasha's questions:
#1: ??
#2: ??
#3: Laila Hemawati, AA
#4: Lorraine Rartia, AA
#5: Asha Rahiro, A++
#6: Airi Yui, A+
#7: Praul Ajes, A+
#8:
#9: Teo Rakan, A+
#10: Siera Sies, A
Say, this list is filling up, I wonder what ranking Lutz Sairofe is...

Oh, Siera's profile, very very approximated because I'm not quite sure about the grammar for about half of it:

Siera Sies (Siera Sies)
Human (Pureblood), Male, 31-years-old (as of year N15)
Kubera-Kubera-Kubera
Magic Rank A, Magic Ranking #10
180cm (182cm with heels), 58kg

Kalibloom Priest of Earth. Cousin of Lorraine Rartia. (I think it says that compared to most people in the Rartia family, he has a face worth boasting about). He looks as though he is in his teens when in fact he is already in his thirties. He is actually older than Claude, though most people would think he is younger.

His weight is very low for his height. Lorraine often mocks him as being a skeleton or an anchovie. Considering that he's a Triple Earth with Magic Ranking 10, he's surprisingly impractical at fighting (not sure about this part). Apart from the Magic Test center, nobody ever saw him fight (he never participated in any of the Fighter tournaments). He also neglects to exercise.

He has very high Divine Affinity, and significant vigor for a pureblood, but he's the type that has difficulties recovering vigor (he's always frowning). He's slightly better at maintaining the barrier than the other priest candidates, without the Golden Knight. (okay, not sure at all about this last paragraph)

Teo, you go, girl! Way to get donkey work out of one of the most infamous Nastika! xD

What -I- want to know is how Teo got him all the way up to the Chaos Temple. :D
1. Piggy-back ride? Whee!
2. Princess-style?
3. Dragged him up by the collar, a la Maruna?
:D

Gandharva must be moping about his choice of clothes too. It's finally nice and cool, just as he likes it, and he has to wear all those clothes! But man, the Chaos Temple looks creepy. Imagine that.
Leez: Um okay.
- Candidate #1: That nice looking temple over there with lots of trees and stuff.
- Candidate #2: That creepy looking temple with the spooky red aura that looks really not welcoming. Uh...

Meanwhile, at the Temple of Chaos: Come here, people! Choose us! Choose us! Why doesn't anyone want to visit us anymore? ;_;
Teo: Fear not everyone, I've brought back free labor to keep us company! He's not suspicious at all!
Everyone: Yay!
Gandharva: Noisy little humans. Wait till Sagara comes and kills you all. ... how will they get up here? Maybe Maruna will carry them up here...
Maruna: o,o

Edited by Mizura, 27 November 2012 - 05:25 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Akasha

Akasha

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationGermany
Guess Siera is the squishy wizard type of magician ... opposed to the fighter like magicians like well ... Airi (or Ran).

Either way, thanks for clearing things up. So this narrows down how beyond the average the few "good" magicians we know already about actually are ...

Edited by Akasha, 27 November 2012 - 05:18 AM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
... WHOAAA, I just noticed I probably had a Huge misunderstanding until now. See this?
http://blog.naver.com/PostThumbnailView.nhn?blogId=currygom&logNo=10081064164&categoryNo=75&parentCategoryNo=0

I always thought it was the blog profile of two separate characters. In fact all of it is describing Laila. So, in the frame with the silhouettes of the four AAs, Laila is the one to the right. And Airi's brother may be one of the four AAs, the one to the left:
http://vatoto.com/read/_/7231/kubera_v1_ch25_by_the-company
(same coat)

I wonder what's his attribute? : O

Edited by Mizura, 27 November 2012 - 05:20 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

What -I- want to know is how Teo got him all the way up to the Chaos Temple. :D
1. Piggy-back ride? Whee!
2. Princess-style with Bhavati Kubera?
3. Dragged him up by the collar, a la Maruna?
:D

The Kubera would be out for her... and any other magic, from the look of things. <_< Triple Nil reduces the chances you'll have anything in the Bhavati repertoire to exactly Nil (since Kali isn't sharing no more) .. or that will always work remotely the way it's supposed to, if you do have Hotis to burn. <_<

She's got über-fighter skills, though: and is a knight in her own right. :) Maybe she carried him, bridal- or piggyback-style. :D I'd pay to see that! :lol:

Edited by Euodiachloris, 27 November 2012 - 06:00 AM.

PlotCap.png

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Oh wait, yeah she's not Kubera attributes. xP Too much Google Translating, now my head isn't working straight. xP Let me fix that.
But yeah, how did she carry him up? *__*

Edited by Mizura, 27 November 2012 - 05:25 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Akasha

Akasha

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationGermany
There are Quarter that as strong (or maybe even stronger, physically) than the average half ... (just look at Ran ... him causally kicking rocks or gigantic Sura tooths to bits) ... and then there are transcedentals, too.

Edited by Akasha, 27 November 2012 - 05:33 AM.

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

Oh wait, yeah she's not Kubera attributes. xP Too much Google Translating, now my head isn't working straight. xP Let me fix that.
But yeah, how did she carry him up? *__*

I get the impression she's practically the polar opposite of Siera. <_< That guy's got Divine naturally coming out of his ears... but seems to fail (relatively) at what people expect should come naturally to the Earth Oracle: the Strength and Vigour bit. <shrugs>

Teo might have vigour that's practically sura-worthy... but, has no magical means to use it, save for natural physical reinforcement. It is linked to health, after all, if watching what draining it does is any indication... <shrugs> Bet you don't need to Kubera yourself if you're brimming with the stuff naturally to get extra-strength. :)

I've wondered about Leez and that for a while now, myself, too... After all, if the Golden Knight does divert her Vigour to Divine and other tricks... she's got a lot of it to burn (and eats like a starved lion). :P Which might be why she was so sodding dangerous to other people, even before she'd fully grown. :)

Edited by Euodiachloris, 27 November 2012 - 05:38 AM.

PlotCap.png

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
It just occurred to me... Airi's brother running around freely so he may not be a priest, but since he's from Rindhallow, the city of Darkness and Death, maybe he's a triple Yama. *__* Oh please oh please oh please let him be a Triple Yama, we haven't seen death magic yet!

And if he stays around until Sagara and co. attack, it may be interesting. After all, since he's a Triple, he can also power the barrier. :D

You know, Teo's profile stated that "according to rumor, she passed the magic exam with nothing but Hoti Kubera and a sword." So maybe she Can cast Hoti Kubera. The blog did state that many fighters use Hoti Kubera. Maybe Hoti Kubera doesn't require the same types of calculations as other types of magic does, or she can also use it without calculations. Also, Asha could use Hoti Vayu to go up because the area around her body was apparently still a "safe" zone, so maybe Hoti Kubera, which also only applies to the body area, can be used safely in Kalibloom as well. I mean, Leez could use it just fine too, right?

... whoa, maybe Leez really is that hungry because of the bracelet. How inconvenient. D: Maybe Asha should try feeding her a Sura or two, then Leez may even be able to cast a few transcendentals. xP

Edited by Mizura, 27 November 2012 - 05:44 AM.

3492bk6.jpg