Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha (Anime adaptation)

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

RazzMaTazz007

RazzMaTazz007

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted Image

Manga version (obviously the artwork is much better)

Posted Image

I'm really dissapointed in the art work but I'm gonna give it a try anyway (when it's released)

so who's planning to watch it?

tony246

tony246

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
Novel version:

Posted Image
Posted Image

From what I can tell the animation will be more based on the Light Novel.

RazzMaTazz007

RazzMaTazz007

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 39 posts
yes i know it's just the art style is old school (imo)

Ixiaz

Ixiaz

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
Sadly, i think the character design of the Anime version lacks the charm the characters have in the manga and light novel artwork. The art of the manga is so flexible that it can execute both silly and serious scenes without the unavoidable fanservice turning into the cheap kind you find in shounen jump, or the oversexualized borderland hentai you would find in certain seinen manga. I do not feel the anime will be able to pull that off, and it's one of the most charming points of the series.

Does anyone think the character design in the anime could pull of these contrasts in such a rapid sequence?

http://vatoto.com/read/_/94155/maoyuu-maou-yuusha-be-mine-hero-i-refuse_ch11_by_extras/16

http://vatoto.com/read/_/94155/maoyuu-maou-yuusha-be-mine-hero-i-refuse_ch11_by_extras/17 (lets face it, thats just drop dead sexy without making it cheap or vulgar)

Edited by Ixiaz, 09 December 2012 - 06:34 PM.

20.jpg

Dazleeon Cylen

Dazleeon Cylen

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
Haaah seriously I never knew the art could be so fucked up for an anime adaptation... I mean both the light novel and manga versions have their own charm like said but their anime counter-part just lacks that flavor in any and all aspects T.T

Kuroiikawa

Kuroiikawa

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • LocationXillia
Just watched the Anime last night and I've gotta say, it's quite entertaining. It's not exactly like the manga (obviously) and the art compared the manga is kinda sketchy, but I am reasonably pleased by this. It could be a lot worse and there were some things that had me surprised and laughing. Waiting for the next episode!

LIGHTNING_XIII

LIGHTNING_XIII

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
I thought that there is only one female magician. In the anime there is 3 female magician.

s07195

s07195

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 10 posts
Plot spoiler- she has split personalities, apparently.

Chenpai

Chenpai

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationInaba
^ oh... now i understand thanks for the spoil (:

"Your laws, like your bones, were made to be broken."

infinitywulf

infinitywulf

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
While as pretty much everyone who has read this version of the manga probably says, I would have preferred this mangas art-style in the anime since I do like it more. Still, even not liking the art as much I'm really liking the anime so far, so it all works out. ;)

FrenchLegend

FrenchLegend

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts
Hey guys, stop complaining for the art-style :angry:

Guest_MidoriKitzune_von_Kartoffel

Guest_MidoriKitzune_von_Kartoffel
  • Guests
Worst Manga/ LN Adaption this year most likely...

I just dropped it, cause they wreak havoc on the storys best parts...
And here i tought on the first 3 epsiodes how great some changes are... loved the lantern as explanation tool.

MasterAim

MasterAim

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts
Well after accidentally having closed this tab(after having written a small essay length post) about how i find that the anime is not doing too bad compared to the facts that it is going with the light novel as source and using a different art aesthetic for the whole drawing. I will simply write my conclusion, the manga and the anime are both good in their own aspects, you dont need to be a fan of both, and then you simply ignore the other. If you don't, yet still go on about how the anime is crap, then i am sad to inform you that you have turned into a fanatic and really should not be in these forums.
Also the hero had a similar conclusion in these links:
  • http://vatoto.com/read/_/113301/maoyuu-maou-yuusha-be-mine-hero-i-refuse_ch15_by_extras/26
  • http://vatoto.com/read/_/113301/maoyuu-maou-yuusha-be-mine-hero-i-refuse_ch15_by_extras/27

ven0m_1357

ven0m_1357

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts
I have seen the manga first before the anime so I think I understand where you're coming from. The manga version is aesthetically more pleasing for me but that's a matter of preference. The anime has a more sleeker and cleaner look but not in any way disappointing. You also have to consider that the anime releases on a weekly basis and produces a consistent quality, that in itself is worthy of applause. Still, as I said, it's a matter of preference.

Started from the bottom now I'm still fvcking here?

gimeyop

gimeyop

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

IMO... in the Manga, the art for the face, eyes and hair look more artsy making you focus more on the face... and they show most of the stuff using facial expressions
The art for the anime characters are overall really plain and the background art are usually very... non-standard. So you focus less on the character's faces than you should. Since Maoyuu is dialogue based, this takes away a lot from the plot... and also, the Maou looks like a retarded prostitute in the anime version.... those breasts look so abnormal and those eyes look like she's always thinking "when is the yuusha gonna bang me?"

Nanaya

Nanaya

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

those breasts look so abnormal and those eyes look like she's always thinking "when is the yuusha gonna bang me?"

And that is different from this adaption, how?

Valta

Valta

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationWestern Greater Finland

I, too, Really dislike the artstyle in the adaptation. I guess I can survive it, though. Since this is one of my favorite series.

vapor

vapor

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 60 posts

IMO... in the Manga, the art for the face, eyes and hair look more artsy making you focus more on the face... and they show most of the stuff using facial expressions
The art for the anime characters are overall really plain and the background art are usually very... non-standard. So you focus less on the character's faces than you should. Since Maoyuu is dialogue based, this takes away a lot from the plot... and also, the Maou looks like a retarded prostitute in the anime version.... those breasts look so abnormal and those eyes look like she's always thinking "when is the yuusha gonna bang me?"

Aren't those things part of the character? The maid calls it "useless meat" because it's so big, and Crimson Scholar has been pedo stalking Hero since he was a baby. She is completely devoted to him and all he has to really do is say a word, but he's not really interested in that.

Wolvenworks

Wolvenworks

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationJakarta

FYI, There's 4 other mangas (including a 4koma) of the same story. I DO agree, however, that the anime art shamefully looks nothing similar to ANY of the other serializations 

Z128329.png