Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Would you rather?

• Please log in to reply
5799 replies to this topic

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Depends on what the thing is—if there's a strong spatial, visual, or organisational component to what I'm explaining, a picture might be better. However, at least for the me as I am now, generally I will prefer beautifully written text ~w~

Would you rather take a taxi or a train, assuming they somehow cost the same and took the same amount of time?

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

train because of my communist leanings

would you rather have to work on a interesting project of which failure is a real possibility, or a project that is mudane but is under your control

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
The former—though there's a full spectrum of such things, and I'm not at the most extreme edge of the adventurous side. However, I'm not happy when I feel like I'm doing something that's been fully covered already.

Would you rather sing baritone or mezzo-soprano, assuming you had the range for whichever?

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

i would castrate myself and sing soprano

would you rather give you up an iffy habit (eg drinking/smoking) but get an extra 10 years of life?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

would you rather give you up an iffy habit (eg drinking/smoking) but get an extra 10 years of life?

It is surely a sub-cultural difference, but to me that question parses strangely, to wit: "would you like to be happier, but live longer"? Yes, and yes.

Would you rather own, befreind, or be, your favourite animal?

pizhhh

pizhhh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,029 posts
  • Locationin jail
Since ants are my favorite animal, it'd be meaningless to own one. I'd rather be one, a mindless drone with no individuality who has a clear and definite purpose of working only for the good of the colony, never have to worry about worthless, complex things like wants, dreams, love (or feelings in general)

wyr live in an authoritarian society with very few liberties, but life in general is decent for those who don't break the law, or a democratic state where everyone does what they want and that has a justice system that is only mostly sometimes maybe implimented properly?

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
hmn That’s a tough one
It’s like living in Saudi Arabia where education and healthcare is free whereas in the us you have some more rights but you have to work really hard economically for them....

I think those rights are still worth it in the end, maybe I’m biased because it’s he system I grew up with
Still I a lot of people would go for the benevolent dictator miel, guys like Tolkien who fantasie about just medieval rulers for example

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

would you rather listen to anime in their original language (w or w/o subs) or fan-dubs?

i remember this one time i watched was watching this hentai fan-dubbed by an overzealous russian, a guy, who was going the extra mile by handling the female voices, "niet! niet!"

not sure if i wanted to laugh or cry

Edited by Feishy Pit Boar, 26 June 2018 - 05:04 PM.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I don't really like fan dubs, personally. Actually, scratch that—I don't really like dubs, period. I'm not saying anything new here, but... If the original creators had time to do a good job, then the animation and voice acting should be developed side-by-side. And even if that weren't the case, dubs have to sacrifice stuff to get sentence lengths correct and such. And so dubs usually just don't flow as well.

As for humorous fan dubs, I generally just find them cringey. Although I did find the "Ghost Stories" dub kind of amusing (though still too cringey to get through), but only because it's just so jaw-dropping that they were allowed to pull that with an official dub.

Would you rather eat or be eaten? Yes, it's come to the point where I'm sometimes just throwing out stock "A or B" phrases and watching with interest to see how they'll be interpreted. If this developing practice should be nipped in the bud, let me know.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

corporate warfare huh, i'd rather be stuck in middle management so i dun have to worry about those things

what you rather be born now or 50 years earlier

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
50 years later, more like. Better shot at practicable immortality. As an atheist, I really want to live forever, rather than cease existing as a conciousness, and then have my remains decompose.

Certainly not 50 years earlier. The only thing I kind of wish I'd had a chance to know better in the past, was the 80's.

Would you rather live a life of luxurious imprisonment, or a desperate life of freedom?

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
Luxurious imprisonment, sounds like the ideal neet life.

Would you rather woof-woof or bow-wow?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Woof-woof. Bow-wow sounds sort of lowbrow-ly licentious, and woof-woof sounds more enthusiastic anyway.

Would you rather ensnare or be ensnared?

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
Ensnare because traps have all the fun. (Although the choice was difficult to make.)

Would you rather be inexperienced and bright or experienced and dull/bored?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Depends about whether it's at work or at play; about love or about life. When it comes to work and life I think it's important to become experienced, but when it's time to relax I want to be free to fumble around a bit.

If you were in a romance, would you rather cook or be cooked for?

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
If I were in a romance I would want to be cooked
Do sense in prolonging the suffering
No
Would you rather starve and not exercise as much or eat the usual portion and exercise twice as much

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
The latter. Literal starvation is the state in which your body is consuming itself for food, it is known to be pretty unpleasant, even more so than exercising.

Although having said that, twice as much excercise as I currently do is still no excercise, so really for me this question boils down to "would you rather starve, or not". >.>;

Would you rather live under a bridge or over a bridge? (Note: There is such a thing as houses built on bridges, so this doesn't necessarily mean "where would you like to be homeless)

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

i'd like to live over a rainbow

in another news i saw the amigo who used to live out on the street corner today

he was garbage bin diving, picking up cans and stuff

so yeah, alive and well

would you rather be busy to death or bored to death

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Bored to death. It's less painful, and far more inspiring. And also far more fun to whine about, I always personally thought ("I'm boooored ^~^"), though understandably people will be less sympathetic about it.

in another news i saw the amigo who used to live out on the street corner today
he was garbage bin diving, picking up cans and stuff
so yeah, alive and well

Oh hey, good on him.

Would you rather have a diamond or a sheet of graphene to play with (monetary value notwithstanding)?

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
A sheet of graphene ~w~

Contrary to popular belief, diamonds are not forever, and are always slowly changing into graphite.

Would you rather make Santa real or go on a vacation?