Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

MangaFox's Legal Disclaimer - LOL

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Seraphic Mist

Seraphic Mist

Russet Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 486 posts
  • LocationOtaku World
So I've been hearing stuff around about how Manga Fox slightly changed their legal disclaimer. I don't know if it's true or not - lawyer speak sounds alike, no matter what they say, But this is what I saw:

Howlarious Extracts posted here:

Legal Disclamer : http://mangafox.me/disclamer.php

MangaFox is a manga fan site and is a non-profit website ...(bla bla) If it is found that you have taken original work from MangaFox, you will be asked to remove it willingly and peacefully within 24 hours, or risk possible legal action against you or your website. (more bla bla) All editorial content and graphics on our site is protected by U.S. copyright, international treaties and other applicable copyright laws and may not be copied without the express permission of MangaFox or it's contributors, which reserves all rights. Re-use of any of MangaFox's editorial content and graphics for any purpose without MangaFox's permission is strictly prohibited.

Terms Of Service http://mangafox.me/terms.php

The content on the MangaFox Website, except all User Submissions (as defined below), including without limitation, the text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, interactive features and the like ("Content") and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein ("Marks"), are owned by or licensed to MangaFox

5 User Submissions: The whole paragraph is a joke. Everything below it is a joke.

Now I don't know if they've made any (noticeable) changes or not, but I'm laughing at this more than I laugh at Sket Dan or other gag manga that I read. I would explain why some parts have been bolded, but, if you're reading this on Batoto, there's a good chance you know why.

Edited by Shadowed Fate, 23 November 2012 - 02:08 PM.

thearux

thearux

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationUruguay
Posted Image
This is so funny, Mangafox being:
>legal
>Not profiteable
>Backed up by USA laws
>Anything of mangafox being original
>Not copying something from a manga browser which has illegal scanlations.

SidL

SidL

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 570 posts
Been wondering about this for awhile, but why can't scanlators ask MF to take away their contents for not following regulations set by the one's who scanlated them?

Lustful

Lustful

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 606 posts

Been wondering about this for awhile, but why can't scanlators ask MF to take away their contents for not following regulations set by the one's who scanlated them?

Why would MF obey the scanlators? They don't even respect the rules set by the scanlators. The question isn't about the scanlators asking, it's about MF & others accept the scanlators rules.

Edited by ♔ Burst ♚, 23 November 2012 - 09:58 PM.

Sieg

Sieg

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Location.
Scanlators steal, MF steals. What's the difference?

Fragile

Fragile

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 208 posts
Maybe scanlators could troll mangafox by releasing well disguised troll translations. Although I think the general reader community would rise up in outrage...

Still, it would be funny to see the MF enterprise stumble over their own toes when they realize they've been had.
The story that has not yet finished...?

powha

powha

Vocaloid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationGensokyo
Lol... =_=

Seraphic Mist

Seraphic Mist

Russet Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 486 posts
  • LocationOtaku World

Something like the difference between crime and organized crime... to an extent.

There's piracy where people share music using Torrents, and then there's piracy where people sell pirated music. And there's copyright holders and publishers going after Aggregator sites, rather than Scanlators (unless they are scanlating already licensed manga, like Mangastream is).

But I'm (trying to be) a fence-sitter and speak out against Aggregator sites that disrespect Scanlators instead. Like Mangafox and Mangareader. Because Scanlators are not hounded too badly, because it was because of them (and subbers) that Manga and Anime became so popular in the Western World and pos(ed/es) a serious threat to Disney, Marvel, DC, etc.

thearux

thearux

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationUruguay

Posted Image

SidL

SidL

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 570 posts

To support a site that don't support the author's/scanlators work
Or to support a group of individual who does support the original authors/artists to some extent. (Author>Scanlaotors> we get manga. We don't need MF and MR, hell nobody want it to exist)

I would pick the second one. Besides, some of the money NOEZ got from MF probably goes to buying a pack of cigarettes.

Edited by sidus03, 24 November 2012 - 08:30 PM.

A.E ✰

A.E ✰

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In Neverland ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
i dont care about MF or MR.
Batoto is awesome. nuff said.

Lustful

Lustful

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 606 posts

i dont care about MF or MR.
Batoto is awesome. nuff said.

Indeed.

Sieg

Sieg

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Location.
Why does all that matter? They're both stealing. There's no difference.

It's okay. I'll only steal small things, because they do not matter as much as big things.

Lustful

Lustful

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 606 posts

It's okay. I'll only steal small things, because they do not matter as much as big things.

Most people are selfish & hypocrytical, since just a few of them give a damn about if scanlators steal or not, but when it's about the MF & others they rage. In the end, they are the ones being benefited by the groups work.

Meow Zorg

Meow Zorg

Potato

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationNapa, California

go to mangafox, because you will only make enemies here by talking like that.

To be honest i believe that fan service is terrible

Lustful

Lustful

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 606 posts

Well, I don't care if they steal or not. ♫

Sieg

Sieg

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Location.

Why would I care about what stupid people think of me?

Lustful

Lustful

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 606 posts

Why would I care about what stupid people think of me?

That's true.

greenguy

greenguy

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,019 posts
  • LocationArts Precinct
GO GO GO MF!!

LONG LIVE MF!!

oh wait this is hate thread...

mf.. uh.. kinda sucks

Fragile

Fragile

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 208 posts
Once again:
Manga Artist: Job
Scanlator: Hobby

Hobbies are supposed to be fun. If you're not having fun anymore, stop. Do yourself a favor and quit. If you refuse to, then you're probably an "Unwarranted Self Importance" guy. You want to convince yourself that someone actually needs you because you don't have anything more productive to do in real life. Scanlating for angry troll flamers is all you have left to hold on to.

If V this V is V what V you V have V to V offer,,,

SUPPORT BATOTO
SUPPORT BATOTO
SUPPORT BATOTO
SUPPORT BATOTO
SUPPORT BATOTO
SUPPORT BATOTO

UMADJAPANZAI

Edited by DJ Fatalyst, 28 November 2012 - 07:55 PM.

The story that has not yet finished...?