Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Which triple attributes would you choose ...

Kubera

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Which triple attributes would you choose ... (50 member(s) have cast votes)

What triple attributes would you choose?

1. Triple Nil (1 votes [2.00%])

Percentage of vote: 2.00%

2. Triple Chandra (Darkness) (1 votes [2.00%])

3. Triple Asvins (Recovery) (4 votes [8.00%])

Percentage of vote: 8.00%

4. Triple Brahma (Creation) (9 votes [18.00%])

Percentage of vote: 18.00%

5. Voted Triple Vayu (Wind) (4 votes [8.00%])

6. Triple Surya (Light) (2 votes [4.00%])

Percentage of vote: 4.00%

7. Triple Agni (Fire) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. Triple Varuna (Water) (1 votes [2.00%])

9. Triple Indra (Sky = Lightening) (3 votes [6.00%])

Percentage of vote: 6.00%

10. Triple Kubera (Earth) (10 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

11. Triple Marut (Destruction) (4 votes [8.00%])

12. Triple Yama (Death) (1 votes [2.00%])

13. No triple attribute but another combination (please post it, then) (10 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Akasha

Akasha

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationGermany
... if you could choose to get a.) triple attributes & b.) the ones of your choice in the first place?

Notes:

Huh, summary of magic properties (the actual blog entries are more detailed. Like, too detailed for me to understand and Google Translate in full D: ). So anyway, it seems magic depends on 6 factors, and manifests in 6 properties.

1. Types of magic

Magic is divided into silent magic and word magic. The types of word magic are:

• Hoti magic: can be learned by anyone, though those with corresponding Attributes of Birthday can cast more often and have higher power multipliers to the spell. Mastery can increase the number of uses. (see table at the end)
  • Bhavati magic: can only be learned by those with corresponding Attributes of Birthday. In addition, it has lower success rates compared to Hoti magic. Mastery can increase the number of uses.
  • Idha Etu magic: this is used to summon a God. It occurs in 2 steps: First the summoner must break down the walls between dimensions. To accomplish this step, the summoner must satisfy 3 conditions: be of the corresponding triple attribute, use part of his life (the exact amount is a mystery), and third but unknown factor. Second, then the God must be available and choose to come. In the past, the God could use his own power to cross dimensions, but since the Cataclysm the summoner must use his own life, so Gods are no longer summoned as often as before.
  • Fusion magic: the combination of two or more Hoti or Bhavati magic, resulting in a new effect.
(No information on silent magic apart from the fact that each attribute has 1 or 2 silent magic spells. I'm curious too...)

2. Factors

6 factors determine how good you are at using magic:
  • Attribute of Birthday: determined by the month, day and hour of birth. It determines the availability of Bhavati magic, as well as silent magic.
  • Divine Affinity: talent for magic. Although it's possible to increase divine affinity by meditation and mental discipline, it is mostly determined at birth. The impact of blood is pretty slim. Although there is no formula between Divine Affinity and Fiendish Affinity (Fiendish Affinity is the talent for borrowing power from Nastika), usually a person with over 1000 Divine Affinity will have a Fiendish Affinity of 0.
  • Vigor: once vigor is depleted, you can't cast magic anymore. It can be restored faster by eating, sleeping and joyous emotions.
  • Intelligence: the ability to quickly and accurately understand and visualize the spell. If you don't understand the theory, you can't use the spell. Magic requires an extensive knowledge of science, and the calculations depend on mathematics.
  • Concentration: the ability to keep the mind from wandering.
  • Mastery: increased mastery can increase the number of uses per day, as well as the variety of applications.
3. Properties

Magic use shows 6 properties:
  • Number of uses per day: affected primarily by the Attribute of Birthday. The number of uses can increase with Mastery. This is limited by vigor. It is reset every day. (see table)
  • Maximum power: the strength, duration and range of the spell. Limited by vigor. (see table and formula)
  • Scope of application: intelligence and mastery will allow more sophisticated use of the spell. However, more complex magic also uses up more vigor.
  • Accuracy: affected primarily by intelligence and concentration. Also depends somewhat on Divine Affinity.
  • Conception time: the time it takes to visualize the spell. This depends on intelligence, concentration and mastery. Most spells depend on quick calculations, but some require more sophisticated theories that can be difficult to calculate calmly when in critical situations.
  • Response time: how fast the spell takes effect. This is determined by the Attribute of Birthday and the Divine Affinity, but it can be reduced a bit through Concentration.
Attribute of Birthday: Number of Uses per day and multiplier for Maximum Power
  • None: Uses = Hoti 1, Bhavati - ; Multiplier: Hoti x1, Bhavati -
  • Single: Uses = Hoti 3, Bhavati 1; Multiplier: Hoti x2, Bhavati x1
  • Double: Uses = Hoti 9, Bhavati 4; Multiplier: Hoti x4, Bhavati x3
  • Triple: Uses = Hoti 27, Bhavati 16; Multiplier: Hoti x8, Bhavati x9

Hoti Magic
Bhavati Magic

Edited by Akasha, 18 November 2012 - 03:07 PM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Braaaahma! *__* I'd be able to make anything! And I'd become so rich from it!

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

Boredoom

Boredoom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSweden or in the tree at 136th floor in ToG eating popcorns with God Kubera
Brahma or Vayu.

Either create anything or, Teleportation.

I think i'd favor the ultimate solution to lazyness.

OOoor:

Following my old thread of summonings, I'd have summoned 'em all by now B) B)

Edited by Boredoom, 18 November 2012 - 03:56 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Proud Member of Kubera Wiki

Akasha

Akasha

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationGermany
Personal analysis of the attributes:

Triple Brahma seems really neat ... and because of the way if works, it is still rather decent even while in battle.

Triple Asvins seems expectionally broken ... what´s up with both Hoti Asvins and Bhavati Asvins?

Vayu is decent but not expectional. Without it´s teleportation option, it would´ve been outclassed even by Surya, Kubera and Varuna.

Chandra is ... weird but effective. Both allow for rather rare and interesting effects that can be called very useful (if they work as described, at least and the effects last some time).

Agni, Indra and - especially - Marut seem to be the offensive elements of choice, because each of them offers solutions for regular and specialized combat situations alike if one is just creative enough to use them right.

Both Surya, Kubera and Varuna seem rather weak in comparsion to some other options, but Varuna at least gets a boost through water at hand (but seems rather crappy without it) while Kubera is narrowly specialized but apperantly rather decent at what it does (improving melee) and Bhavati Kubera is a decent boost as well as a method to stall enemies or to disable them. Surya magic doesn´t really seem to know what it wants to do ... some support ... yeah.

We don´t know that much about Yama yet (expect that it might include "death magic") and being a Trible Nil generally means to suck at magic.

Overall, Brahma and Asvin seem like the strongest choice overall together with (maybe) Chandra while Marut apperantly is the strongest offensive branche (closely followed by both Agni and Indra) ... but for melee combat specialized characters, Kubera seems like a valid choice, too.

Nearly everything Vayu (besides maybe the teleportation ... but even that to some degree), Surya and Varuna can do, other attributes probably can do better.

I probably won´t vote until further informations are revealed about both Chandra and Kubera, but right now, the order in which I would´ve vote would probably be
Brahma=Asvin>Chandra>Kubera (currently a tie between Brahma and Asvin, altough Brahma might get bonus points for being connected to well ... Brahma). Don´t like Indra, Agni or Marut all that much ... way too destructiv and stuff. Vayu doesn´t fit my style. Varuna doesn´t fit my style either even tought I somewhat like water magic.

Edited by Akasha, 18 November 2012 - 04:16 PM.

battradio

battradio

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 957 posts
  • LocationNear ST. Louis MO USA

Braaaahma! *__* I'd be able to make anything! And I'd become so rich from it!

If Mizura will be creative , i will be distructive , to make more room for her creations . Marut / Marut /Marat

Boredoom

Boredoom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSweden or in the tree at 136th floor in ToG eating popcorns with God Kubera
Hm there's also the Marut or w/e (Cuz the slicing part is awsume)
Kubera --> I believe I can fly!
Agni --> Cuz making it rain fire is awsome!
Indra --> I CAN TOSS LIGHTNING BOLTS!
Rest --> Doesn't seem so fun.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany ** Not a German, just a poor Half refugee living in hiding **
I choose Triple Asvins ^^ Free healing spells for everyone, including Sura, Halfs, Quarters, humans, animals and whoever else needs me ^^ I am always a Healer or Magician in games, so getting to be a Healer Magician is :lol:

Btw. Bhavati Asvins can only be used by someone with an Asvins attribute, and it is not bad at all:
This spell seals a transcendental skill or ability of the target, who won't be able to use the sealed ability ever again, until Bhavati Asvins is lifted or the original caster of this spell dies. Used by Airi Yui to seal the Gaze in the Grave skill that Sagara was about to unleash on her, Lorraine and Ari, trying to get her hands on the Staff of Agni. Cloche as well fell victim of this spell, ending with some of her best transcendentals permanently sealed.

Edited by Goobera, 19 November 2012 - 02:22 AM.

Supporting the Kubera Wiki: kubera.wikia.com/wiki/User:Goobera

Spoiler

Volitan

Volitan

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 77 posts
Triple Brahma. No locks will stand in my way, mwahahaha.

Plus, it would be very useful.

krackenker

krackenker

Potato

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • LocationSweden, Stockholm
I would choose 3 different ones, cause that seems more fun :)

why? because of more magic spells :D

Marut (pro destruction)
Asvins (permanent seal is nice)
Vayu (2 reasons, 1: the bhavati magic seems very useful and 2: more hoti vayus, which is why i choose it over Kubera)

Rillet

Rillet

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts
Why anyone would not pick Asvins is strange. You can survive being cut into pieces.

Triple would make me feel extremely limited.

Asvins/Kubera/Bhrama

Shintai

Shintai

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 402 posts
Triple Kubera seems nice, just because it'd probably make my everyday life easier (unless I have a low supply of vigor :/).
Otherwise, I'd go for Kubera/Asvins/Vayu (actually doesn't matter which one here). Having different attributes would allow more uses of Fusion Magic, which seems a bit OP to me :3

OverLord-sama

OverLord-sama

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 81 posts
Marut, just so I can walk out of my house each day and say "FUCK THAT!" and cause it to explode. Then just proceed to use it on anybody who pisses me off through-out the day....

Thinking about it, I would probably act as a natural population control man >.>

Arie Hon

Arie Hon

Potato

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationSeoul
Indra brahma marut if i have about 10k holy affinity for an excellent combination of skills.

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts
Triple nil, so that I can still live my current peaceful life by nullifying the ridiculous magic that suddenly appeared. :P

Naw, I'd go with Brahama-Asvins-Yama because having a triple-attribute, although useful, would get pretty boring after awhile. I don't know what Yama magic does but I bet it's amazing.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

Marut, just so I can walk out of my house each day and say "FUCK THAT!" and cause it to explode.

Pfft, you can do that with Hoti Brahma: just make a huuuuge hammer appear. Or better yet, a huge Mecha! With a giant hammer! And a TV! And a sauna! And uh....

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

Arie Hon

Arie Hon

Potato

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationSeoul

Pfft, you can do that with Hoti Brahma: just make a huuuuge hammer appear. Or better yet, a huge Mecha! With a giant hammer! And a TV! And a sauna! And uh....

I'd be creating stuff so i can live happily in my house doing nothing ;p.

Boredoom

Boredoom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 470 posts
Somebode has bene using my idea i posted months ago xD

It was something like, using Brahma magic to make lot. of the hammers Lorraince used in some chapter round 20, make them Into a bigger hammer and those into bigger hammers in 3-4 step.
Now make this hammer strike in waves so that each hammer adds momentum and in the end, BAM! Crater like the one Kubera created whilst running a race vs other Kubera.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Ariatha

Ariatha

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationTexas
Agni-Vayu-Asvins

Fire is my favorite offensive power, so definitely an Agni. Vayu is useful for the launching of potential pranksters into the air. If nothing else, Asvins, for the "survive being cut in half" that comes with proficiency in its use.

Although Indra and Varuna would be fun too. Lightning and ice~ ^_^

Akasha

Akasha

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationGermany
It is questionable, however, if a single Asvins attribute really is enough to survive that. Maybe with enough holy affinity to compensate or something. Who knows.

Edited by Akasha, 21 November 2012 - 01:53 AM.

Ariatha

Ariatha

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationTexas
In that case, Indra. Apparently Vayu and Indra are two of my birth attributes anyways.