Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

SIU's Q&A Translations & Discussions

Question Answer

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

LaFa

LaFa

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationUnited States
Okay. I've added the dates along with few more Q&As.

Hoet

Hoet

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 323 posts
Thanks Lafa I always appreciate your volunteer work :)

hmmerp_zps488b0742.png

BoldChild

BoldChild

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 676 posts
So Lero-Ro and Quant did climb the tower together, I always wondered about that.

Quant is older than Ro? That's a surprise, lol.

JFfDYT6.jpg

Imperator

Imperator

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,501 posts
  • LocationIn the battlefield.
So going by SIU's answer, Phantaminum, Enryu, Zahard, Urek, The 10 Heads and Baam/Rachel are not the only Irregulars that entered to the Tower or maybe he's talking about Irregulars that came before Zahard did, but failed/died by some reason?

So Lero-ro had to deal with someone like Quant through all the Floors? Damn, that sounds awful (for him).

So Lero-Ro and Quant did climb the tower together, I always wondered about that.

Quant is older than Ro? That's a surprise, lol.

I'm surprised too, lol. Quant seems more younger than Lero-ro.

Edited by TheDasilva1, 13 November 2012 - 11:51 PM.

BoldChild

BoldChild

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 676 posts

So going by SIU's answer, Phantaminum, Enryu, Zahard, Urek, The 10 Heads and Baam/Rachel are not the only Irregulars that entered to the Tower or maybe he's talking about Irregulars that came before Zahard did, but failed/died by some reason?

So Lero-ro had to deal with someone like Quant through all the Floors? Damn, that sounds awful (for him).

Yeah, it was interesting that SIU refused the answer the bit about how many irregulars are in the tower.

Maybe there are some we don't know about, or some that will enter the tower while Tower of God is going on.

Also, there may be some that no one knows about who have already gone past the 135th floor.

JFfDYT6.jpg

inFamous

inFamous

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 453 posts

SIU: If you get to know her, Lahel, in fact, is a really charming character, haha. (12/14/2010)

I don't know about this one lol

Furudo Erik

Furudo Erik

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 733 posts

Ro probably started out as a wide-eyed innocent kid, but after centuries of Tsukkomying Quant, became the cool, awesome character that we know him as today,

Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 981 posts
  • LocationFormer Tenochtitlan

Lero-ro and Quant climbed the tower together. They are a team.

Now everything makes sense! So it is possible that people from the same team reach the top of the tower. I was afraid that it could only be one. An entire team can reach the tower! You guys know what does that mean right! :D

SIU: Yuri is a character for the later half, so I'm planning to save her until then. (07/13/2010)

This is awesome, I am depressed that Yuri or Hwa Ryung wont be the heroine or a main protagonist but I am happy that we will see more and more about Yuri

SIU: Yuri and Lero-ro have met each other while climbing the tower.

They probably fought against each other at some point. I had this idea that Yuri was younger than Lero-ro

SIU: If you get to know her, Lahel (Rachel), in fact, is a really charming character, haha. (12/14/2010)

LOL What is that supposed to mean? :blink:

Hwa_Ryun_showing_both_eyes.png

BoldChild

BoldChild

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 676 posts
Well, I suppose it's true, you don't have to be a good person to be charming, a lot of sociopaths are charming as well.

But based on her interactions with Baam in the cave, she does seem to have a charming personality. The stories she tells are interesting, and she seems like she would be a fun person to talk to.
  • Ivy likes this

JFfDYT6.jpg

Genboke

Genboke

Potato

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • LocationInside vanilla ice~
Hello! I'm new around here but i'm and old fan of TOG ...

Well in fact the reason i create (at last!) a batoto-profile is just to thank you: The Cmpny, LaFa for your enormous efforts to bring us the best info gathered out there about ToG... THANKS!!!!...

Every day i checked BatotoForums just to watch news & updates of ToG, so practically now i'm really enjoying myself with these new 'revelations' >u<

I'll keep myself around, in the meantime, treat me well! ^.^

tumblr_n3ceyv5wyg1t8slm6o2_250.giftumblr_n3ceyv5wyg1t8slm6o4_250.gif

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

Well, I suppose it's true, you don't have to be a good person to be charming, a lot of sociopaths are charming as well.

But based on her interactions with Baam in the cave, she does seem to have a charming personality. The stories she tells are interesting, and she seems like she would be a fun person to talk to.

Hannibal Lector fits that description as well.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

Lucifer

Lucifer

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 658 posts
SIU: If you get to know her, Lahel (Rachel), in fact, is a really charming character, haha. (12/14/2010)
Spoiler

*Cough
I see....
Happines and Light needs a source to exist
Hatred fuels itself and Darkness exist where there is no Light

Wizard's Rules
Spoiler

Antalius

Antalius

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 492 posts
  • LocationLimbo
Thx a lot LaFa for the very useful and enlightening post!

I too believe evil characters can be charming (already mentioned Hannibal Lecter, Joker, Light, Sephiroth...) but to be considered as such they need to be smart or powerful (which Lahel lacks both). :unsure:
Guess shouldn't be too surprised she is the main female heroine since SIU always stated that he likes her.

One thing I don't understand quite well is the physical growth rate of the people inside the tower. If it is the same for everyone then Baam's age at the beginning which SIU didn't specify, should be that of a child in out terms.
He did grow a lot after all in just 7 years. But if that were so it wouldn't make much sense not telling it and keeping it a mystery, which makes me think the growth rate might differ based on species or individual. Any ideas?

Edited by antalius11, 14 November 2012 - 09:51 AM.

"It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you" - Batman begins

Arie Hon

Arie Hon

Potato

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationSeoul
Rachel .. Charming ? ...
-Nuclear launch detected-

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

I too believe evil characters can be charming (already mentioned Hannibal Lecter, Joker, Light, Sephiroth...) but to be considered as such they need to be smart or powerful (which Lahel lacks both). :unsure:
Guess shouldn't be too surprised she is the main female heroine since SIU always stated that he likes her.

One thing I don't understand quite well is the physical growth rate of the people inside the tower. If it is the same for everyone then Baam's age at the beginning which SIU didn't specify, should be that of a child in out terms.
He did grow a lot after all in just 7 years. But if that were so it wouldn't make much sense not telling it and keeping it a mystery, which makes me think the growth rate might differ based on species or individual. Any ideas?

Those proficient in shinsoo age slower. Look at Androssi or Anak, they are both 300+ years old. Now look at Agero, he was 17 in Season 1.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

Nyanyanya

Nyanyanya

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationBangkok, Thailand
If this was mentioned before, sorry, I didn't bother to actually read all the posts. But, remember in the after Baam makes it to the second floor? When Headon says "Were you watching? The child has gone up. What will you do, child?" I noticed this the second time I read ToG and I just started recently so I'm not sure if this was mentioned before. This might be all that SIU said about the beginning foreshadowing the end.
Haha... sorry to disappoint you guys if you were hoping for something else :P

deBroglie

deBroglie

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 407 posts
^you do know he was talking to rachel right?

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

If this was mentioned before, sorry, I didn't bother to actually read all the posts. But, remember in the after Baam makes it to the second floor? When Headon says "Were you watching? The child has gone up. What will you do, child?" I noticed this the second time I read ToG and I just started recently so I'm not sure if this was mentioned before. This might be all that SIU said about the beginning foreshadowing the end.
Haha... sorry to disappoint you guys if you were hoping for something else :P

At the end of season 1, there are several chapters from Rachel's perspective. There you can see Headon was talking to Rachel, after Baam ascended.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

I too believe evil characters can be charming (already mentioned Hannibal Lecter, Joker, Light, Sephiroth...) but to be considered as such they need to be smart or powerful (which Lahel lacks both).

Personal magnetism doesn't necessarily come with intelligence. <_< You can easily be charismatic and have good people-skills, but be the dumbest thing since bricks for everything else. :mellow: It does mean you may well squander your magnetism and spoil your attempts to manipulate others simply because you lack a joined-up plan, but... <shrugs> It can happen. Oh, and God help you if you end up in a competition for others' attention when somebody just as magnetic as you hoves into view, but with a better plan to use it behind them. ;)

In a way, that happened to Rachel. Without Baam as a contrasting magnetic pole, she could have spun any tale to the Regulars on the 2nd Floor she wished in order to use them and climb... and probably would have got a lot of interest out of it. <shrugs> But, she ran into an idealistic spanner with a Manipulative Bastard more practised than she guiding his trajectory, instead. :lol: Not to mention the ones using her and him in the first place.

I think the growth you undergo in the Tower will vary for each individual that climbs in different ways. <shrugs> Part of that will be what you were born as, for starters. (And, we have no idea what Baam actually is, nor the nature of his ageing process, nor his true age at the start-point.) And, I do believe that shinsoo use will... impact the ageing process. But, I can't work out what the means of that are. :unsure:

It might come down to the amounts of it you are able to use/ move about at any one time combined with how often you do it. Hence... climbers have a higher chance of lowering the effects of age than those in the Outer Tower, but it probably doesn't discount anybody from slowing, regardless where they are (heck, SIU mentioned they're all rather taller than those outside the Tower, on average: if just living in shinsoo does that, I wouldn't be surprised if it normally keeps you well-preserved by outsider measures as well, anyway). <shrugs> It'd explain Androssi and Anak: both have slowed considerably, and it might not be entirely down to being Zahard-linked. Yet, neither were active climbers until recently However, they both knew some shinsoo techniques (particularly Anak: to have any hope of using an ignited Green April, she must have had some early shinsoo skills) rather and seemed familiar with barriers and other such things, so must have been regular users well before deciding to climb. :)

Agero, himself, might have started to slow in his ageing even before hitting the Second Floor (he'd've needed to, to stay under the radar and active outside the Family structure until able to get Chosen by Headon: I'm betting using whatever shinsoo abilities he had at that point quite regularly would be... rather vital for that). The thing is, he'd probably not been slowing for long. <shrugs> This would probably go for most of the Regulars, in fact. :)

As for Baam's growth... I don't honestly think he's "grown" that much: he seems to be roughly the same height (not that SIU is consistent in portraying height). <_< Most of his maturing seems cosmetic: a change of dress-code, outlook and hairstyle. Ba-dum! :)

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

Fearless

Fearless

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 403 posts
  • LocationEngland

Q: Are Yuri and Rachel (Lahel) the only female protagonists? Can you tell us about the other female protagonists? (08/21/2010)

Spoiler

As people have already mentioned this appears to be Yeon. I'm fine with that, I was going to ship Baam with Hwa or Yuri, but Yeon's good to. Unless there is someone else.

Q: Will Baam become the king of the tower? (07/26/2010)

Spoiler

I think being the 'king' of the tower is someone who manages to reach the top (Real top) by passing all the tests, hence they become 'kings' whether baam will be one or not we don't know.

Q: Where are Zahard and the Ranking Administrators? How many irregulars have entered the tower? [3rd question was not written] (08/01/2011)

Spoiler

Irregulars in my tower? It's more common then you think, run a free scan.

"I wonder if the full stop key on your keyboard is broken." ~ A friend of mine
“Who am I? Well I’m just a passing traveller.” ~ Passing traveller