Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Noblesse vs Tower of God

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

MoonGoddess

MoonGoddess

Potato

• Members
  • 112 posts

I read both and I like both equally. I don't think it would be fair to compare them as the OP said in his opening statement. They are much too different. 

Sogno-

Sogno-

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 469 posts

I love both, but Noblesse is the only webtoon -- or any Asian comic for that matter -- that I have read more than once. What throws me off the loop with ToG is its complexity. There are several plots going on at the same time, and the continuously adding of new characters confuses me. It's not quite as bad as Kubera as far as the number of characters and plots, but I do get lost in it sometimes. 

It's all really a matter of personal opinion. I'll stay up any night for both though. They're just so much better than most other mangas I read lol.

lol roll lol

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

I love both, but Noblesse is the only webtoon -- or any Asian comic for that matter -- that I have read more than once. What throws me off the loop with ToG is its complexity. There are several plots going on at the same time, and the continuously adding of new characters confuses me. It's not quite as bad as Kubera as far as the number of characters and plots, but I do get lost in it sometimes. 

It's all really a matter of personal opinion. I'll stay up any night for both though. They're just so much better than most other mangas I read lol.

yes tower of god is the type of manhwa/manga that needs  2/3 times of read to understand it but noblesse is simple and 1 time is enaugh

Giantess

Giantess

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 417 posts
  • LocationOn top!

I found Noblesse to be pretty straightforward; I tried rereading a bit of it and found it boring if you know what's going to happen.

I've reready ToG several times, though, and picked up on several important new things every time.

Edited by Giantess, 29 May 2013 - 12:38 AM.

Spixel

Spixel

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 45 posts

I really like them both, i recently started on Noblesse and really lol'd good at the ending of some characters where his master doesn't know how to open a door etc.  :D

Galemap

Galemap

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts

I totally love Noblesse and TOG, have reread them a few times, but overall I still prefer TOG over to Noblesse. 

When I first picked up Noblesse, I was totally hooked to it. It has great fight scenes, really funny to boot and cute guys to drool over  lol. The plot is also interesting and its really easy to read. I loved it immediately. However, recently I find Noblesse getting kind of dull. Its humor is become more and more repetitive such that its not that funny anymore. And the plot and fights becomes a little predictable.

Noblesse is a bit like Naruto to me. Where in the beginning, its really fun and interesting to read, and it hooks me all the way. However, at some point, its starts becoming dull and its not as fun anymore. I had to stop reading Naruto for a while, then read a lot of chapters at one go, in this way the read is better. Hopefully this 6 weeks break would allow the Noblesse to become even better. I would hate for the Noblesse to go the way it did for me like Bleach - Bleach was such a joy to read at first, however later I totally gave up on it, it was not good anymore. 

TOG on the other, it's kind of hard to read at the start. It starts off slow and it has very deep content and plot such that you need to read carefully. However, the intriguing plot really kept me on my toes. The thing about TOG is that it makes you really addicted to what's going to happen after each chapter, and this is what makes the manhwa work. Its become like an addiction to me. In the 2 weeks break that TOG had, I was so restless and had to reread the whole series and read TOG forum threads just for a bit relief. Whereas in the current 6 weeks break that Noblesse has, I've have yet to have any respond to it.

TOG is like One Piece to me, the more you read, the more you get suck deeper into the plot and you just want to know everything there is to it. Noblesse is one of my favorites but TOG is my addiction and at the top of my list. 

Archimedes

Archimedes

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts

I really like both. I like ToG more though. The plot is cleaner (more explained/easy to follow, despite it's complexity) and the characters are easier to tell apart lol.. i get all the nobles mixed up so badly. Every week i'm like an addict going through withdrawal for ToG, meanwhile i just pass the time with noblesse.

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

I'd agree about the difference.  ToG is a definate hard drug when it comes to triggering my plot-addiction.  Noblesse is fun and all (and, some of its quirks are precious things), but... it's a soft-drug as far as that goes.

For me, it's the difference between good wine (say, Pinotage -- I came from South Africa, and I like it!  Don't judge me! :lol:) vs a fine, dark porter: they're both similar drugs, but they do wildly different things.  And, one I'll drink way more of, given half a chance.  (Much though I enjoy my wine, real ale is king. :lol:)

Edited by Euodiachloris, 24 July 2013 - 09:36 AM.

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

liminaliti

liminaliti

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

My sentiments were perfectly described by an earlier post written by Galemap. I was hooked by Noblesse in the beginning. It had great characters, nice fight scenes, and an intriguing new universe. But as time wore on, it got dull. I think I reread the first two seasons twice over, but just got bored during the third season where the plot felt repetitive. I stopped keeping up with the weekly releases.. With Tower of God, I've reread it three times over, and I'm still hooked on every single chapter -- rereading it three times each time a new chapter comes out (Korean raws, speed scanlations, and then the ones on Batoto). 

The one thing that I do like better about Noblesse is the characters. I feel a lot more attached to each of the characters, because each one gets developed a lot more. I will read a new Noblesse chapter if I know that Frankenstein shows up and does something cool. =) Whereas with Tower of God, other than Baam, we don't know too much about the side characters. That isn't to say that I don't like characters in ToG, just that I don't have the same affinity towards a character that I do for some of the Noblesse ones due to less time devoted to character development. 

Edited by liminaliti, 26 July 2013 - 04:04 AM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

I did actually start reading Noblesse finally, all thanks to the good-natured, Noblesse-centric promoting (badgering :D) of strixflash........super glad too, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Around ch 220 or so as of now. 

My original opinion remains the same................general (serious) discussions/arguments of "better" are just.........well, there's no sense in it. "Better" is subjective, people like what they like and everybody is unique. I will say though that Noblesse, strictly from a literary sense and in my opinion, is the far more polished work and has been from the start till now. The art, the themes, the story lines, all more well done from a strictly analytical point of view.

Doesn't really matter though, I still think TOG is very, very good.............but, for that matter, I read a lot and have many, many titles that I personally find far superior than the both of them. :)

Edited by svines85, 26 July 2013 - 07:12 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png

Raleader

Raleader

Potato

• Members
  • 167 posts

well, like my avatar and nick reveals, i'm a TOG fan. But i started reading noblesse first and i also think is a very good manwha.

I dont agree with the thread crator opinion about the age range's that each of them aim at, considering that (at least in my opinion) tog works more  with emotions than noblesse.

Other reason as why i preffer tog is because even though there are different power levels among the characters, (regulars-rankers) all have their place in the story and none are left behind, like happened with the kids in noblesse, that after the modified humans that the organisation send started getting stronger, the kids stoped showing up.

Then i find that TOG characters even tough more numerous have better and more diversified personalitys. Rai is the most borig character ever and that "oh look, he is so elegant" is becoming old, and Frankenstein and Tao cant carri the manwha alone all the time.

papasmourf

papasmourf

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Locationathens greece

i my humble opinion TOG has a far better story, the world is not static, and characters develop both in power and style. While NOBLESSE has way more powerfull characters it lucks the story which is way simple and has way to many gaps in its world.for god sakes half of the city has been exploted but the humans still dont have a clue whats going on. some times i think i read dragon ball with mutants. but on the other hand its battles are really good. plenty of superpowers kai quick moves. and of course the cavalry arrives at the last moment to save the day or night it doesnt matter.TOG dont have that kind of battles. although the have many explotions and the are REALLY clever they are way to short. my conclution is if you want to read somethink with to much <big ba da boom> then read NOBLESSE. if you want something with more story and plot twists then TOG is most certainly the right choice between not only those two but from other manga/manhwa as well. 

acrsm

acrsm

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I agreed with what was said, ToG is slow at the begining but keeps you intrigued and guessing what is going ot happen next. At the begining I nearly stoped reading ToG, as I thought the art quality and story line was deveopling a bit too slow for me... but I was very happy that I persevered :-) - Like previous posts have identified, ToG can go in many directions hence keeps you guessing... as such, it can keep going for quite some time.  Each chapter have two or more things happening, which keeps you interested, even the fights dont drag for too long, which I quite appreciate. ToG storyline is what keeps me coming back each week... There are still so many questions still unanswered...

Noblesse is more elegant and the art is clear, especially the actions scenes. Characters development of frankie, Rai (Is not not really boring but reserved) and no21 are great, but I do find the dropping the kids behind the story line was a mistake. Their links to the story should be more explained and given better "connection" to the story as a whole. It was like they were going to use them more but as it scalated, it dropped failry quick. A bit more organisation on the story line and it would 10/10.  The title Noblesse, tells it all... once Rai is gone, than would not be any more "NOBLESSE"... In some ways, I think the quality dropped after Son Jae-Ho and Lee Gwang-Su started Ability. Too much weekly workload for both of them.. However, I still love the characters and the elegant/sacrificial ways of Rai and Frankie's contrasted/duo personality.

Galemap said it all about both... I also agree in relation to bleach as well... the lack of consistance of Bleach release date is also a problem... Naruto's fights scenes are too long and now I will wait till the end of the year to catch-up. That is something I cannot do, with either Noblesse, ToG; and 07Ghost (that is late on chapters but is said to be finalised by Oct 2013)....

papasmourf

papasmourf

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Locationathens greece

this tread is starting to sound like (star trek and star wars )

xaxaxa it definitly sound like that as well as picard is better captain than kirk

Depravity

Depravity

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I still agree with what I said months ago about this topic, so I'll simply copy and paste:

"...but I'd have to side with ToG on this one. While I could explain why category by category (no doubt with senseless minute verbiage), the basic reason for my siding with ToG boils down to it possessing a better, more intriguing premise, an engrossing narrative, with far more potential and room to grow. ToG has barely reached a climax -- its scope is colossus, and the universe it inhabits so atypical it outclasses Noblesse on every atmospheric front. Consequently, ToG is more immersive, while Noblesse continually loses its initial charm (due to our being accustomed with the (almost banal) plot devices and heightened characters). This is subject to change; perhaps, as Nobleese dives further into the current battle - if the writers play their cards correctly - I'll be forced to change my opinion. Until then, ToG gets my vote."

Joker V. Phantom

Joker V. Phantom

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Personally I like Tower of God more, but I really enjoy reading Noblesse in the pass time.

~Joker V. Phantom~

Batoto Jail's Prison Doctor

TsN3XTW.gif

Juampi.G

Juampi.G

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Im sorry bro, but, you are actually comparing them right now, It´s ironic, isn´t it? but you´re still doing it so... 

dred05

dred05

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 57 posts

I like both really. Noblesse obviously has the upper hand when it comes to action and art. But the story of ToG for me is much more interesting.

Either way both are awesome.

Edited by dred05, 28 February 2014 - 07:33 AM.

2jalwye.gif

"The Bird of Hermes Is My Name

Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame"

ltnlng

ltnlng

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts

Noblesse's art, much like its storyline, is pretty dull. It's dark, dingy, and the background has little, if any, variation, giving the impression that the story doesn't progress. However, I recognize that the dark color palette is a stylistic choice and is neither a plus nor a minus when looked at objectively. The upsides are that the characters all look aesthetically pleasing, even if they're all fairly lackluster in design, and the fight scenes, while reptitive, look nice. ToG's characters are varied in size, shape, and color, although they are somewhat less attractive than the tall adonises in Noblesse. The background is always vibrant and constantly changes. The fight scenes all have a depth within them not seen in Noblesse and are just as visually appealing, if not more.

As far as story goes, Noblesse is predictable, repetitive, and wholly very childish. It consists mainly of the very attractive protagonists beating back the antagonists due to their overwhelming superiority. It seems to me that this manhwa has more to do with wish fulfillment rather than story telling. ToG is a detailed epic with subplots. It has layers upon layers of story and despite its intricacies and convolutions, does not contain plot holes, which are present in Noblesse. I've heard mentions of the comedy present in Noblesse, and while I've never found it particularly funny, it does have a comedic element to it not present in ToG.

It really boils down to what you want out of a story. Noblesse is basically wish fulfillment, what with antagonists turning protagonists, and the extraordinarily overpowered protagonists that all look too attractive to be mere humans. ToG reads like a well written novel that takes you along for a ride. And in all fairness, all mangas/manhwas have a little to do with wish fulfillment. It's just that Noblesse has a lot more to do with it than ToG.

While I'm depicting Noblesse in a negative light, it is only in relative terms to ToG. I actually do like both.

JackO'Lantern

JackO'Lantern

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationOn the toilet

Well putting all reasons aside(cause u guys already said it all) I like tog better, and i even find the breaker a bit better cause noblesse always follow the same pattern.

think those guys freaking strong >> Someone gets beat up >> Rai/Frankenstein defeats them >> some of them join to the gang >> find out that there were more powerful guys...  and goes back to the beginning.

We exist to bear witness.

We had to be.

The infinite needs us to see it.

Without the perceiver,

the perceived does not exist.

That gives us leverage.

Don't look until you get what you want.