Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Noblesse vs Tower of God

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

xBrew

xBrew

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Location@warp prt_fild08 50 50, Prontera

Well, they said they Frankenstein could fight against all clan leaders, if he gets pushed back with 2 supporters, I will wonder what kind of weaklings the clan leaders were? I still see nothing unpredictable from Noblesse, yes there is a new Elder, but he doesn't seem to want to fight and until he decides to fight against them, Frankenstein can kill Werewolf girl, Kertia leader can take the cyborg, Seria can hold the new elder until Frankenstein can get rid of the Traitor elder (but I think, Seria will take Zarga down) There is still Rael and after they take antidote from that brat they can help Frankenstein somehow, maybe RK5 will take Cyborg down? protagonists, it's not only about Baam, so it's a bit different from other manga I believe

Without putting into consideration chapter 275, may I ask where this possible match-up came from? I mean Seria taking down Zarga is already impossible. The Kertia leader can definitely win against the 8th, but it won't be easy for him against the 6th now that Franky is already injured and still currently fighting the werewolf. This is of course putting into consideration again that Zarga is still there.

gus

gus

Couch Potato

• tC Donator
  • 2,335 posts
this tread is starting to sound like (star trek and star wars )

m5siUe7.jpg?1

Ray Barracuda

Ray Barracuda

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 257 posts
Haha, they are both great to read. I don't see why you need to compare them. These types of threads never lead anywhere but too a flame war. My favorite comics come from Marvel btw :P

modzquad

modzquad

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

Also don't compare fiction books with a comic . Books can be way more detailed , you don't have to draw them , it's easier writing a book and it's faster . So plz , don't compare litrature with comic cause there are thousands of great compelling literature out there . Books are Books , nothing beats books , If ToG was a novel , Siu could have made the plot 100x better . Your being very immature if your comparing comics with novels ...

You're right, what was I thinking? 100x better? Why not a million since we're pulling out fantastic numbers? I fail to see the reasoning behind this statement, if SIU could've made it 100x better then it would be 100x better. Don't underestimate the literature business, if SIU could have made a good book there would be one out there. Obviously you're also right about it being easy and faster to write a book. Just ask any author, is it harder to draw something in paint then add some bubbles to it or a 100k word novel? The answer is always paint..../sarcasm
Seriously, this has got to be one of the stupidest things I have ever read, if it was so easy to write a book everyone would have a book out....

Haha, they are both great to read. I don't see why you need to compare them. These types of threads never lead anywhere but too a flame war. My favorite comics come from Marvel btw :P

Yeah buddy me too, people tend to overlook great characters and stories because they label them comicbooks. My favorite is Deadpool, hope Ryan Reynolds finally gets cleared to do it...

Edited by modzquad, 12 March 2013 - 06:18 AM.

Togcrashxx1

Togcrashxx1

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

You're right, what was I thinking? 100x better? Why not a million since we're pulling out fantastic numbers? I fail to see the reasoning behind this statement, if SIU could've made it 100x better then it would be 100x better. Don't underestimate the literature business, if SIU could have made a good book there would be one out there. Obviously you're also right about it being easy and faster to write a book. Just ask any author, is it harder to draw something in paint then add some bubbles to it or a 100k word novel? The answer is always paint..../sarcasm
Seriously, this has got to be one of the stupidest things I have ever read, if it was so easy to write a book everyone would have a book out....

Yeah buddy me too, people tend to overlook great characters and stories because they label them comic books. My favorite is Deadpool, hope Ryan Reynolds finally gets cleared to do it...

Try writing a book and also drawing it , sketching takes time , and did I say books are easy to write ? Writing is tough , very tough , but If i am to make the whole Potter series of books into a comic , just how years would it take to actually draw it all up ? Don''t you think Writing takes lesser time than a comic book having the same plot ? Literature is tough and please don't compare Novels and comics , That's just dumb . Novels can also enjoy a wider audience compared to manhwa .
Also Novels come in a chunk , u see , you get a huge amount of story right away , rather than manhwa where you get one chapter at a time . Also cool your head boy ... your not understanding , there is a difference between novels and comic , If there was not both "Light novels and their corresponding anime/mangas would receive the same rating , but that technically does not happen , Because novels always receive a higher rating than their counterpart animes or mangas , same is the case with visual novels or sound novel , and if you have read those and compared them with their mangas etc, you will know what i am talking about , Novels have much more detail and everything is explained in much clarity , Also Novels give the leisure for people to dream up their own character looks , environment , setting in their heads which is certainly not the case with Manhwa or manga .
Ok , 100x is over exaggerated, if this was a novel , it would have a higher rating than if it were a manga . It's general perspective . Also if you have seen Siu's older comics, you will know he was never a good artist , in fact he was very bad at art, i must say ..
Talse User Story is the main story he thought of creating , ToG is just a part of TUS , so he is better with story settings than with art ,

Togcrashxx1

Togcrashxx1

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

Yeah buddy me too, people tend to overlook great characters and stories because they label them comicbooks. My favorite is Deadpool, hope Ryan Reynolds finally gets cleared to do it...

Also bro , Have you ever read Siu's blogs and notes about ToG , Just the very information from Siu's blog or notes would account almost a hundred pages on additional written information that siu wants the readers to know . It wasn't till I read all the blogs and other information and ToG wiki and also the whole manhwa 2-3 times over till I realized just how good it is and just how grand the scale Siu has fixed in it .
Tower of god works on tons of mysteries at once so it gives tons of plots of information for the author to work on . We don't know anything about Baam or Rachel before the cave, just a lil information , we dunno so many mysteries about the cave, we dunno the past of S2 character , not all of them , we don't know meaning of the Zahard's rings Karaka or Wangnan wears , We don't know why Edrok would rescue anak as a child ,I think it was him who did .
We still don't understand the motives behind FUG for wanting death of Zahard, nor do we know about Zahard 's families that much or how they climbed the tower ,we don't know about Phantaminium , Enryu , or such irregulars nor do we know about Headon's true objectives, we don't why many people even climb the tower yet , So much things are still plots and mysteries , We don't about Emily or the traveler . Siu has talked about the 15 strongest beings, The RED ,people like Evankhell, etc, the politics of the tower in the blogs .
He has even said the monarchy system which prevails is a lot like Britain where you have a queen but she does not have any real active role in the government . Basic thing is , The scale is quite huge in this manhwa , We know there are 1,00,000 rankers and 1,000 high rankers . Siu has also mentioned about the weapons , the administration policies and other things in his noted which he will be using later on . so the scale Siu has already used is already almost blown out of proportion but it also gives him tons of things to work on , just to always keep the quality going and the manhwa consistent .
why do you think there are so many comments on ToG's wiki compared to any other Manhwa ?
Because there is too much information , so people have to read the wiki to actually grasp this manhwa , it took me a while myself to read so much as well , but i still haven't read about Zahard's army or some other stuff . I also kind of wish he would talk about all the the floors as well which we have skipped . The environment and other stuff of those floor, it's always interesting .
And when i read about Talse User Story , i thought this is way more big o.O . I read a chapter in TUS about that 30 tower things , i thought WTH and even Exis . But this is certainly a manhwa in which you have to read it again in order to grasp everything , I had forgotten the structure of the tower or the nature of shinshoo flow or it's control technique , The point is , Author uses it again , thats why why you have to read it again . That's the reason i believe this manga became quite addicting . It puts you in a detective position as well since we know Author gives a ton of clues so predicting what will happen is very interesting .
That's is also one the reasons i read one piece ,One piece is large scale, never gets boring and if I have to say One Piece or ToG , I'd still say One Piece.
Maybe it's also a personal preference since i like detective novels, mystery novels , thriller more as compared to action or romance novel .

Edited by Togcrashxx1, 12 March 2013 - 09:42 AM.

modzquad

modzquad

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

Try writing a book and also drawing it , sketching takes time , and did I say books are easy to write ? Writing is tough , very tough , but If i am to make the whole Potter series of books into a comic , just how years would it take to actually draw it all up ? Don''t you think Writing takes lesser time than a comic book having the same plot ? Literature is tough and please don't compare Novels and comics , That's just dumb . Novels can also enjoy a wider audience compared to manhwa .
Also Novels come in a chunk , u see , you get a huge amount of story right away , rather than manhwa where you get one chapter at a time . Also cool your head boy ... your not understanding , there is a difference between novels and comic , If there was not both "Light novels and their corresponding anime/mangas would receive the same rating , but that technically does not happen , Because novels always receive a higher rating than their counterpart animes or mangas , same is the case with visual novels or sound novel , and if you have read those and compared them with their mangas etc, you will know what i am talking about , Novels have much more detail and everything is explained in much clarity , Also Novels give the leisure for people to dream up their own character looks , environment , setting in their heads which is certainly not the case with Manhwa or manga .
Ok , 100x is over exaggerated, if this was a novel , it would have a higher rating than if it were a manga . It's general perspective . Also if you have seen Siu's older comics, you will know he was never a good artist , in fact he was very bad at art, i must say ..
Talse User Story is the main story he thought of creating , ToG is just a part of TUS , so he is better with story settings than with art ,

Jesus christ I'm not getting through to you, there's a limit to fanboyism. You just did it again, automatically assuming this guy could write a bestseller IF he wanted to. And wtf do you mean with general perspective?? And read your own post before calling me out on it, I put a quote in there where you wrote it's easier and faster to write a book. By the way, ever heard the saying "A picture is worth a thousand words"?

Also bro , Have you ever read Siu's blogs and notes about ToG , Just the very information from Siu's blog or notes would account almost a hundred pages on additional written information that siu wants the readers to know . It wasn't till I read all the blogs and other information and ToG wiki and also the whole manhwa 2-3 times over till I realized just how good it is and just how grand the scale Siu has fixed in it .
Basic thing is , The scale is quite huge in this manhwa , We know there are 1,00,000 rankers and 1,000 high rankers . Siu has also mentioned about the weapons , the administration policies and other things in his noted which he will be using later on . so the scale Siu has already used is already almost blown out of proportion but it also gives him tons of things to work on , just to always keep the quality going and the manhwa consistent .
why do you think there are so many comments on ToG's wiki compared to any other Manhwa ?
Because there is too much information , so people have to read the wiki to actually grasp this manhwa , it took me a while myself to read so much as well , but i still haven't read about Zahard's army or some other stuff . I also kind of wish he would talk about all the the floors as well which we have skipped . The environment and other stuff of those floor, it's always interesting .
And when i read about Talse User Story , i thought this is way more big o.O . I read a chapter in TUS about that 30 tower things , i thought WTH and even Exis . But this is certainly a manhwa in which you have to read it again in order to grasp everything , I had forgotten the structure of the tower or the nature of shinshoo flow or it's control technique , The point is , Author uses it again , thats why why you have to read it again . That's the reason i believe this manga became quite addicting . It puts you in a detective position as well since we know Author gives a ton of clues so predicting what will happen is very interesting .

Feels like there's lots of holes in your reasoning, first of all a wiki is meant to have lots of pages. I can probably find a wiki about potatoes with lots of pages. There's a danger to making something too big, eventually you'll forget to tie up a couple loose ends. Worldbuilding is good but character wise people tend to glorify the boring characters. Of course he's gonna need a blog with information, there's only pictures and some bubbles. You need to take a step back and look at things more objectively or else you'll sound like a fanboy. This is like the Steve Jobs thing all over again, when people compare him to Thomas Edison or Tesla lol. He didn't actually invent the Iphone or Ipod, he just approved development of it. But it was marketed in a way that people thought he did invent it. And he used child labor and Apple is still using these factories with low wages and bad working conditions. Anyways you're raising this SIU guy up on a pedestal and when he fails to deliver you'll be the only one hurt pal.

Ray Barracuda

Ray Barracuda

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 257 posts
nevermind...

Edited by Ray Barracuda, 12 March 2013 - 10:54 PM.

Togcrashxx1

Togcrashxx1

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

Jesus christ I'm not getting through to you, there's a limit to fanboyism. You just did it again, automatically assuming this guy could write a bestseller IF he wanted to. And wtf do you mean with general perspective?? And read your own post before calling me out on it, I put a quote in there where you wrote it's easier and faster to write a book. By the way, ever heard the saying "A picture is worth a thousand words"? Feels like there's lots of holes in your reasoning, first of all a wiki is meant to have lots of pages. I can probably find a wiki about potatoes with lots of pages. There's a danger to making something too big, eventually you'll forget to tie up a couple loose ends. Worldbuilding is good but character wise people tend to glorify the boring characters. Of course he's gonna need a blog with information, there's only pictures and some bubbles. You need to take a step back and look at things more objectively or else you'll sound like a fanboy. This is like the Steve Jobs thing all over again, when people compare him to Thomas Edison or Tesla lol. He didn't actually invent the Iphone or Ipod, he just approved development of it. But it was marketed in a way that people thought he did invent it. And he used child labor and Apple is still using these factories with low wages and bad working conditions. Anyways you're raising this SIU guy up on a pedestal and when he fails to deliver you'll be the only one hurt pal.

I don't really care to much even if his quality drops later . Its just a manhwa , you don't have to take things too seriously . The only reason i wrote things is probably cause your criticizing it too hard, u know . I didn't actually think Siu would keep it up for 130+ chapters,but he did , so atleast give the credit where it is due . Your writing illogical things just cause your mad , Gimme a break or do something , A discussion is a discussion , Just calm down man , fine .... I quit this , Such thread only create dumb flame wars .
There's always a difference in opinion of people , things which seem sh** to some are gold to others . So i respect your opinion and i agree what you like is good , Maybe you could respect mine too ?
The whole reason i criticized you was because you were Basically saying this :

"Noblesse is epic, and TOG used to be too but it looks like SIU is gearing up for Baam to take the bitch route by forgiving Rachel so I kinda lost some interest in it. But Franky is hands down the best thing in TOG and Noblesse combined. That great storytelling device called Rachel is just someone with narcissistic personality disorder. Dude I feel like ToG just became more interesting when I saw Kvothes picture, because that's how awesome he is. If you guys are looking for complex and plotdriven stories try Patrick Rothfuss books. It will make ToG seem like Dora the explorer. I kinda agreed with the plot thing but are you really gonna take it there? An effeminate long-haired guy that is so pussywhipped that he would forgive just about anything is for guys 16-24? I'm just gonna take that as trolling, but seriously ToG makes me come back because of Koon,Rak and some of those princesses. I don't think Noblesse is the most plotdriven story there is, but at the same time ToG isn't that holy grail of stories that everyone thinks it is. It's just people think "this is how it's going to go, or this is what will happen" and when it doesn't they get all excited and say whoa totally caught us by surprise. Any half decent book can do that though, and if you keep doing it in the long run you'll get disappointed when the author can't keep it up. " \\

Aren't you basically saying " It is s*** "
Aren't you a bigger fanboy than me ? Going as far as calling thing **** just cause you don't like them , it's dumb in every way .

Since many people had said good things about Noblesse ,so i tried reading it myself , so far 20 chapters only but I found it odd that the chapters in the beginning as so short . Noblesse has one of the shortest chapters in the beginning , 20 chapters and nothing significant really happened while in ToG , the setting was already at the crown game . I found the pacing very slow at the beginning , Maybe it was because it was just new ? or maybe because webtoons were not popular enough back then ?
I'll read more later when i get time , also I do think this thread is a more of a flame war , Adios

modzquad

modzquad

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

Aren't you basically saying " It is s*** "
Aren't you a bigger fanboy than me ? Going as far as calling thing **** just cause you don't like them , it's dumb in every way .

Did I say it was shit? No, I said I lost some interest in it. Here's the thing with you, you sound like a composed person and you make some good points, then you sneak in an insult here and there and call it a day. How can you not see what you're doing, is it on purpose? What really got to me was when you said it's easier and faster to write a book, I know people who work in that business and it's a stressful and hard job. Maybe I'm biased but you should really do your research about being a writer. In your post you wanna bury the hatchet whilst simultaneously calling me stupid,mad,illogical,fanboy. Did I get all of them? I don't remember alot of illogical things in my posts though. So as to not make you a liar let's give that one a go: did you know that sharks natural enemies are insurance salesmen?

Antalius

Antalius

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 492 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Like both, as repeatedly stated by other people before, for different reasons:
Noblesse: fast, linear (in a dragonball sort of way) pace of storytelling, characters are obviously the catalysts;
ToG: complex, deep storyline with a huge world and possibilities.

Edit: I personally prefer Tog

Edited by Antalius11, 19 March 2013 - 11:41 AM.

"It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you" - Batman begins

Lucenthia

Lucenthia

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 316 posts
  • LocationChina

Both manhwas excel in different areas. Noblesse has much better fight scenes and a wide variety of weapons and abilities. On the other hand Tower of God focuses more on the plot and character development. There are also more themes conveyed through the manhwa, although there has been less of that lately. I like Tower of God for its intricate plot and the complex world that SIU's built up. I agree that it will be difficult for SIU to not fall into the trap of dragging it out, but so far he's done a great job of connecting the two parts and he's is good at leaving us wanting more without falling back to the "oh my god will he die? Come back next week to find out!" cliffhanger. I do admire Jae-Ho's ability to consistant stick to the original plotline, and while it lacks the complexity of Tower of God, it is consistany.

marcsoucy

marcsoucy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationMonteal

I personally prefer TOG over Noblesse, but I still like Noblesse. I don't have much to add to what others already said. TOG has definitely more dept, and is definitely more complex than Noblesse. A proof of it are the forum; on batoto forum alone, there are more post on TOG then there are post about noblesse on this forum, mangahelpers, egscans and on mangafox together. And this is true even though Noblesse is definitely more popular than TOG, and even though Noblesse is two time older than TOG.

Sorry for my poor English skills, I am French

Popopapikurafic

Popopapikurafic

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Europe

Just look at the votes, answer is pretty clear. 

http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/8266-ultimate-manhwa-poll/

ToothlessShark

ToothlessShark

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 552 posts
  • LocationSomewhere deep, veryyyy deep...

Do you compare apples with pears? No.

I don't see the point comparing Noblesse with Tower of God.

"Oh! l'honneur ruisselait sur ta mâle moustache."
"Oh! honor glistened on your manly mustache."
~A. Rimbaud

Spoiler

Giantess

Giantess

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 417 posts
  • LocationOn top!

Just look at the votes, answer is pretty clear. 

http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/8266-ultimate-manhwa-poll/

While I think Tower of God has a deeper story myself, that poll is not exactly fair.  Batoto is run by The Company, and they're most famous for translating Tower of God -- a significant portion of the people here probably came here because it was mentioned in their ToG scans.  So ToG fans are going to be over-represented here.

strixflash

strixflash

Potato

• Contributor
  • 198 posts
Haha, from when did an aggregate site decides which work is better than other even if you're talking about a poll?!? Go to mangafox or some other site, Noblesse would come as the winner.

It's simple. Batoto is full of ToG fans, so ToG will prevail and on other sites, Noblesse is more popular and it would be the winner.

Like I and many people already said.....you can't compare two works of totally different origin.

ToG is good but the plot got dragged on the start of season 2 and even recently. The test and other things could have been easily completed in 5-10 chapters (for 20th floor). Of course, I don't want to argue here as I don't have a chance of winning.

Noblesse Forever!

Spoiler

caitnap

caitnap

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

throwing in my opinion.

I just started reading it,but from what I gather...I favor ToG

noblesse start out rather weak, I feel blind and like thrown into the middle of the story. Plus the main character, Rai is so overly silent and not expressing himself. I find that very boring, to add the weird comedy that only drag the story longer. The progress is overall slow at the beginning.

ToG however, captured me from the 1st few chapter with it's story and intrigue me, I am hooked. There is more dynamic with the character,baam and the mystery that the author present us. incidentally, ToG is what makes me start to read webtoon, I have seen both noblesse and ToG but never start to pick it up.

MangaFan

MangaFan

Potato

• Members
  • 110 posts

They both in my opinion are the best webtoons, however I preger Tower Of God. Noblesse is a great series, but it's much more

like "general shounen" and pretty predictable plot with fight>get stronger>and such stuff. Don't misunderstand me, it's very unique webtoon and has

unique plot but it still shares a lot of common patterns with other regular shonen webtoons and mangas.

However, Tog is really Unpredictable. You don't know what will happen next, you sometimes don't know who are the real villains and who are the good guys

while in Noblesse its clearly the good guys vs the bad.

Who can predict what will happen next in Tog?

I am not biased because I am a BIG fan of both of them, but honsetly I think that TOG is the most unique, unpredictable, and amazing webtoon that I have

ever read.

aattss

aattss

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts

I'd say that Tower of God is awesome, and Noblesse is good. Noblesse is great, but doesn't go beyond. Meanwhile, Tower of God is the type of media in which things get turned up side down (as evidenced by the villains using a certain person's character against that person in a spectacular and fail-proof way, while using terms that make it clear that the 3.5th wall is broken) in addition to having other stuff (i.e. interesting characters, great art, et al.).