Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Noblesse vs Tower of God

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

Boduar

Boduar

Potato

• Members
  • 171 posts
Noblesse is pretty good in that it is straightforward and somewhat generic without that making it any less interesting or awesome. It is not a hard comic to literally sum up the arcs rather successfully in just a few sentences but the presentation and the fight scenes/comedy make it well worth the read. ToG is a bit more complex and a lot of the benefit of reading it is trying to figure out WTF is going on before the author has to explain it(like the trustworthy room test). I personally like ToG a bit more probably because it is still newer. Frankie and Rai have lost some of their impact from owning people just because it has been done several times already .... however like the last scene from the most recent chapter it still shows why I love reading noblesse and why Frankie is still a great and interesting character. I am still waiting for more of Viole's awesomeness which should be in the upcoming tournament. We have yet to see or even figure out exactly how OP Viole is whereas we already know about where Rai/Frankie are.

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth
well i was thinking hard which one is good ,which one do u like ? something like that i couldnt choose but then something unexpected happen , my sister asked me which one do u stay all night to read its chapter? and i said oops it is TOG....

on the side note: i like both of them and nobelesse has good action,good art and good story but tower of god is something else, one time u think it is adventure and good but then it gets dark and scarry , i know nobelesse there are alot power ful characters in noblesse but once i never feel fear any of them but characters in tower of god who are the most power ful and didnt get enough introduction gives the chills and want to know more about them just like these guys

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by salvatore022, 15 February 2013 - 07:53 AM.

Potato Farm

Potato Farm

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
I've just read through both of these, in a row, back to back in a few days (I have a lot of free time), and going by just these readings, without any prior knowledge of either series I have to say that I enjoyed ToG a lot more than Noblesse.

ToG has a sense of scale and complexity that Noblesse is really missing. I also found that Noblesse's side characters are much less interesting. M21 in particular became quite whiny and irritating.

One factor that I think really splits the two is the quality of the art. All of Noblesse's characters have the same body type (bishonen) with the occasional "Really big guy". ToG is more colorful, more dynamic and really, just more creative and therefore interesting.

I've been pretty rough on Noblesse, but I'm also just not the target audience. The basic concept of a supernaturally attractive vampire and his very...close assistant, combined with the very manservice focused art doesnt seem to be aiming for my native 16-24 year old male demographic. But curiously, there is an extreme lack of female characters. I hate to mention the Bechdel test (or however thats spelt) since I dont think its really ever relevant, but I feel like ToG has a lot more female characters that have real depth.

ToG isnt perfect though.Whereas Noblesse has a pretty fast pace, with breaks between the action at regular intervals ToG slows down to 'glacial' at times, and the truly interesting content is spaced out quite a bit. Noblesse has the advantage of consistency, since it doesnt aim to impress on the same level of ToG.

Overall I'd just say that Noblesse is showing it's age. Its like a manhwa from a simpler time, perhaps for a younger audience who arent looking to challenge themselves. Tower of God just seems like a mature evolution of the genre, which has learned from earlier works like Noblesse.

Also Potato, damn that fanboying is intense.

tacchan23

tacchan23

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
It's just personal preferences... but of course there are more people who rank Noblesse 1st and ToG 2nd than the other way around.

strixflash

strixflash

Potato

• Contributor
  • 198 posts

@Potato Farm: Bla Blah Blah!! (Learn how to post sarcasm first....you just made a fool out of yourself!)

Man, I seriously give up on this topic now. Noblesse doesn't keep constiency on quality? Yaa, like hell ToG do the same.
For last one year I am waiting for some good developments and all I see are boring moments in ToG.

Season one of ToG was really good and I accept that but season two is just too worst. Of course, no one here would accept that. The good part just started in ToG and before it was all annoying moments......

You big jerk.... You can't even notice art in Noblesse? Check your eyes...... It has one of the best artwork I have ever seen. And the character design is definately far good than ToG.

Side characters anmoying? Well, you are the first then. All I have seen are fans of M-21 and rest of RK. Your senses are becoming dull.
You know I hate maximum of characters in ToG because of their attitudes. LOL! I even hate Baam's cliched personality in the start.

I always knew Batoto community would be unfair to Noblesse when it comes to ToG but seriously I didn't expected this. You all are ready to look at the negative sides of Noblesse but not at ToG? Oh,right.....ToG is mindblowong and-----... Don't give me that!

Is there an optoon by which I can ignore this thread?

Noblesse Forever!

Spoiler

InfamousD

InfamousD

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

1st- Chill. There is no need for you to get pissed off at something on the internet to the point of making poorly written rants brimming with insults.
2nd- These are opinions, and I think you're choosing to ignore a myriad of posts of people who are fans of both Noblesse and ToG.
3rd- I'm not sure if you can ignore a thread other than just not clicking on it whether it is updated or not, but that is always an option.

Edited by InfamousD, 24 February 2013 - 01:35 PM.

strixflash

strixflash

Potato

• Contributor
  • 198 posts
@InfamousD
Sorry for ranting! I didn't noticed that I was stepping out of boundaries >.< Not to mention that even I can't understand what I wrote in my previous post >_<

The reason I got so angry is because some people would only look at the negative sides of one thing while overlooking the same for other. I can understand people have different opinions but criticising one thing just because they like the other is extremly rude. If you are looking at negatives of Noblesse then you should also look at negatives of ToG and vice-versa.

Noblesse Forever!

Spoiler

InfamousD

InfamousD

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

@InfamousD
Sorry for ranting! I didn't noticed that I was stepping out of boundaries >.< Not to mention that even I can't understand what I wrote in my previous post >_<

The reason I got so angry is because some people would only look at the negative sides of one thing while overlooking the same for other. I can understand people have different opinions but criticising one thing just because they like the other is extremly rude. If you are looking at negatives of Noblesse then you should also look at negatives of ToG and vice-versa.

To distinguish one thing from another you only reaaally have to list either a flaw or a virtue. But yeah,

I agree that ToG's art in strict artistic quality is worse than Noblesse (I have admited to this about 3 times in this thread alone), but I still refresh Naver furiously every Sunday for a new chapter of ToG, even though I never understood a single korean character, whereas finding a new translated chapter of Noblesse comes as a nice surprise. I just find the story that much more engaging. I think SIU's story and setting are better than Son Jae-Ho's, but the latter seems alot more seasoned. The same could be said about Lee Gwang-Su and his amazing drawing skills.

Part of your fury might come from confusing "linear" plot with "bland". Noblesse is "linear", there's this feeling of not having much to it away from the main cast. But the empathetic characters (M-21 and Raizel mostly) and the brilliant bastard that borderlines character perfection that is Frakenstein, coupled with just the right amount of humor make it an extremely enjoyable read.
I actually hope that Noblesse is as linear as it seems (elders, crombell, the end) because I dread the idea of pushing the story too far, be it overusing jokes, or achieving a power level deemed absolutely ridiculous at the start of the series, something that would tarnish my "virtues" column for Noblesse.

Lastly, if you were to read carefully the whole thread, you would see every point I've raised has already been presented. Not wanting to drag the subject much longer, after considering other people's point of view I actually ended up enjoying Noblesse even more than I did, so take every opinion with a grain of salt but don't refrain taking them.

Lockwyn

Lockwyn

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
Meh, I read ToG after first coming across this thread, and I have to say I love it, but I also still like Noblesse. You really can't compare them. They each have they're own style and level of complexity. And which is better is merely a matter of opinion formed around personal preference.

Pocker!

Pocker!

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationBrasil
Like some of the guys here have already stated:
Both are very good comics, but TOG definately FEELS a lot better to me..maybe because is more deep, more intriguing and complex, but that's a matter of opinion and tastes.
Posted Image

Tristus

Tristus

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationGermany
Well first of all, my fav mangas:
1. ToG
2. Feng Shen Ji
3. Noblesse
4. Kubera
5. The Breaker (even its ****ed up)

Both of them don't have idiotic main-chars, (One Piece, Dragon Ball and many other manga have it. I don't like something like that)

I believe if you compare Noblesse with, Feng Shen Ji, TAL or Magician, it would be better:
  • Noblesse starts with overpowered chars: Rai and Frankenstein can defeat everybody they could even take on multiple Elders
  • Second chars are still too weak: M21 + Takeo + + Tao + Regis + Seira (she is Elder herself ) < Frankenstein.
  • There is nothing you can't foresee: Not only Frankenstein will win but when and who will come to help (last chapter) and what will happen
  • It's char-driven, if Frankenstein wasn't there, there wouldn't be any reason for me to read it.
  • Fights are very nice drawn, look at Magician, there was some scenes I would say it's from some amateur guy. (even it's still not at the Feng Shen Ji level)
ToG on the other side:
  • There is a new World, SIU makes not only skills and chars, he makes trade-systems, world trends etc.
  • The plot is not complete yet, there is still too much unanswered questions and rules like how many chars makes a team etc.
  • It's completely plot-driven, it's not important how strong you are, there are chars like Koon that would trick you. There are tests and tournaments, that NEEDS strategy, Noblesse don't have something like that.
  • There isn't really a main-char: Baam is important but if he wasn't there it wouldn't make the manga bad. Second part started without Koon and Rak didn't made something yet.
  • It has a nice atmosphere, SIU could draw every floor and without char-development it would still be good.
  • SIU is a troll, he draws some details and we find it out after he explain it.
Well ToG is still at his beginning, at Part 2 SIU made some changes and we don't know how it change the storyline but Noblesse and ToG are not in the same Genre.
Spoiler

kvothe

kvothe

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationChile/Chicago
I think the main problem with Noblesse is that it is completely predictable. For a while now it has been: bad guy appears, seems to be supper strong, Rai comes and kicks his ass. Stronger guy appears, everyone is about to die, Rai kicks their ass, even STRONGER guy appears and so on. Why do elders even bother to create all this weird powers for enhanced humans if they have the technology to be as powerful as they already are? Also the elder transformations just make no sense... they just make themselves look grose for the sake of it. Also there is no character development at all, just bad guys who are mass murderers magically becoming good guys.
TOG is not perfect... but I don't think you can compare Noblesse to it. I still read it cause the fights are fun but it's lack of plot is starting to annoy me. TOG has you wondering every week even if nothing really happens/

Edited by kvothe, 07 March 2013 - 12:42 AM.

Popopapikurafic

Popopapikurafic

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Europe
Exactly as kvothe says. ToG is awesome because its unpredictability. Noblesse on the other hand... It is just so incredibly SIMPLE. Some say it's funny but the jokes are the same for 250 chapters. I don't even like it's art that much, especially in the color department. It's somehow too grey. It is still enjoyable though. I don't know about the future, but right now ToG really overpowers Noblesse.
Well that's my opinion. Btw looking at the number of the people in this thread who favored ToG, it looks like ToG has the popularity advantage. Try posting this thread on ToG forums and you won't find a Noblesse supporter ^^. I only found this thread by accident anyway.

Edited by Popopapikurafic, 08 March 2013 - 02:52 PM.

xBrew

xBrew

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Location@warp prt_fild08 50 50, Prontera
Nah, I decided to finally drop ToG a few weeks back after Baam accepted formally(?) the slayer's position. Again, complexity is good I definitely have no issue there, but its inconsistency in its story panels is just something not working for me. I may like ToG maybe 1 or 2 years from now but not anywhere this year. The last chapter I read was Baam asking Koon's teammates to join FUG(?) because Koon is alive. Okay, so what happened to "I'm going to get/rescue Hooryang" or something to that effect?

Also, if you're craving for something unpredictable from Noblesse you may want to follow it now. Franky is being pushed (at least that's how I see it), Rai is still in slumber (there's still no hint of him waking up yet), a new elder appears, and now they're currently out numbered (Franky and his gang). Yes, I'm completely clueless as to how this season is going to end.

Togcrashxx1

Togcrashxx1

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

If I would be a critic I'll give a 9/10 for Noblesse and 5/10 for ToG. What differs are the worlds created. The style is better in Noblesse but in ToG the world is much more complex. The age targetted is 10 to 40 in ToG and 16 to 40 in Noblesse. It is really hard for kids to like excellent commedy parts from Noblesse and very easy for normal and rare commedy from ToG.

First of all, your actually comparing them as far as to give them your own score . I haven't read Noblesse yet , but be it any manga/manwha ,I have read tons of them . Say , All the big and famous shounen / seinen series. I have read almost all , so If you telling me that TOG is for kids , Think about one piece , There was a poll on the age of average one piece readers . It said , about 89 % of readers of one piece are over 21 years of age . So does one piece look like a Urasawa Naoki's work or some seinen work which is liked by older readers ? Actually it's not just about humor or gore which makes a typical work or series Mature or childish , Rather it's the complexity of it's plot . When i read ToG the first time , it had only 10 chapters , I read it all and dropped it for later , I picked it up again when it had 30 chapters or more and since then i have read it every single week . For me , it's probably not just about art or action , I have read HXH , Naruto , Bleach , FT , One Piece , Legend of Maian , IR , Cavalier of the abyss , Witch hunter , kingdom of zombie , Berserk , HSDK , Girls the wilds , Hitman Reborn , The Breaker etc etc and many more long shounen shows ..... but I dropped so many of them .....
Why was it that i never missed a single chapter of ToG every week ? Because it's interesting . The strength of this manga lies in it's plot ....
I still read one piece , Berserk ( if it ever comes out ) , TWGOK , the breaker etc and a few more but the typical cliches tend to get boring when you age .... and when you have read plenty , That is why i think Tower of God has a lot of potential and you cannot say it's very bad compared to noblesse , If Noblesse is as good as One Piece , Then i might accept that Tower of God is weaker since i gotta give it to Oda , He's dragged the manga for 700+ chapters and still going strong .
Siu himself said in one of his Blogs that he wanted ToG originally to be a "Hardcore" comic, so mainly he was probably aiming at something like a seinen manga , plot derived and he probably was not going to bring all S1 characters in .... but he changed it later on .
Also I agree Tower of god might actually be a completely different manhwa than most of it's shounen counterparts , ToG is a lot of intellect , plot and complex issues and situations like power, wealth ,Glory, Greed, Monarchy , Organisations , Rules , Betrayal , to me , it somehow shows the true nature of our own lives itself .

Starting would look like the remake of HxH.

And I don't like the comparison you are making with HxH ,I read HxH and it is way too different . HxH is mainly shounen style fighting manga , there's nothing very different about it than a manga like FT or Bleach or Naruto , Also Baam has no real goals when he decided to climb the tower expect to get Rachel ,unlike the main guy from HxH , Also what was his name , Go.. something , he is stronger , way stronger than Baam since the beginning . There's a difference and a huge amount of it .

ToG is more similar to One Piece if you ask me why ? Cause -
1) The extensively detailed worlds , both have it
2) Extremely large amount of characters
3) A huge power ceiling , we knew from the beginning how strong the strongest pirates were , so Oda had all the time in the world to keep powering up his characters .

This is a trait Siu has borrowed from One piece , Siu has fixed a massive power ceiling and a massively large world, so he has a huge amount of room to expand ...... He can continue the manwha for a long time without making people bored ...... unlike many other shounen titles .
Also I haven't read noblesse , There's a reason why i hesitate too ,I have read too many shounen mangas like dbz or others where repetitive battles , super strong new enemies pop up .... training ... they are beaten .... last minute powerups .... cliched plots ..... Some people said Noblesee had them too , cliched plots , so i hesitate to read manwha/manga/webcomics like that . I might try it later ,hopefully it's better than the others ....

There are serious problems with ToG too , one of them being the Art and others also being , As Siu said it himself , He is weak at emotional scenes , and i can feel it, he is weaker at emotions and also comical scenes but Siu had come a long way since the start of this webcomic .
Ans since i have read mangas like Vagabond , Berserk , monster ,20th century boys etc . I don't care about about art if the plot is super strong ,

Edited by Togcrashxx1, 11 March 2013 - 12:58 AM.

Infinityjon

Infinityjon

Potato

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • LocationBehind You
I would only say that Noblesse had better art when ToG started, but midway during season 1 his art improved greatly and the scenery of some of these floors are absolutely astounding.

CrazyFace1_zps95f31971.png

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!

Tristus

Tristus

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationGermany

Nah, I decided to finally drop ToG a few weeks back after Baam accepted formally(?) the slayer's position. Again, complexity is good I definitely have no issue there, but its inconsistency in its story panels is just something not working for me. I may like ToG maybe 1 or 2 years from now but not anywhere this year. The last chapter I read was Baam asking Koon's teammates to join FUG(?) because Koon is alive. Okay, so what happened to "I'm going to get/rescue Hooryang" or something to that effect?

Also, if you're craving for something unpredictable from Noblesse you may want to follow it now. Franky is being pushed (at least that's how I see it), Rai is still in slumber (there's still no hint of him waking up yet), a new elder appears, and now they're currently out numbered (Franky and his gang). Yes, I'm completely clueless as to how this season is going to end.

Well, they said they Frankenstein could fight against all clan leaders, if he gets pushed back with 2 supporters, I will wonder what kind of weaklings the clan leaders were? I still see nothing unpredictable from Noblesse, yes there is a new Elder, but he doesn't seem to want to fight and until he decides to fight against them, Frankenstein can kill Werewolf girl, Kertia leader can take the cyborg, Seria can hold the new elder until Frankenstein can get rid of the Traitor elder (but I think, Seria will take Zarga down) There is still Rael and after they take antidote from that brat they can help Frankenstein somehow, maybe RK5 will take Cyborg down? I see still no problem, even if everything goes wrong Rai can wake up and kill em all :)

I miss the scenes like they destroy a wall in the school while fighting KSA or Tao eats the cake of Rai, There is no humor at all and no real development, I can understand they take their time, it would be gay if Frankenstein take them in their level in 2 months or so, but it's a shounen for kids now as is.

Why was it that i never missed a single chapter of ToG every week ? Because it's interesting . The strength of this manga lies in it's plot ....

Also I agree Tower of god might actually be a completely different manhwa than most of it's shounen counterparts , ToG is a lot of intellect , plot and complex issues and situations like power, wealth ,Glory, Greed, Monarchy , Organisations , Rules , Betrayal , to me , it somehow shows the true nature of our own lives itself .

ToG is more similar to One Piece if you ask me why ? Cause -
1) The extensively detailed worlds , both have it
2) Extremely large amount of characters
3) A huge power ceiling , we knew from the beginning how strong the strongest pirates were , so Oda had all the time in the world to keep powering up his characters .

Well I think ToG is like Naruto not like OP, because;
Naruto has a complete World. OP has also world system but, there isn't really something about resources or trade. Luffy don't care about politics.
  • One Piece without Luffy is not OP, but Naruto could be Naruto without Naruto :D
  • Naruto has way much characters that has role. OP is like Straw hats and others.
  • Naruto f***ed up in last chapters (the serie will end soon so its normal) but they had long time difference level in power.
  • OP is always Luffy will win, like Noblesse (if I take Ash part out, its was necessarily for time skip)
Your actual power is not important in ToG, you could always be tricked and used (like Koon does)
there is much more politics and I don't even think that a child could understand it. I believe only the older readers like myself can get most of ToG.

SIU said, ToG is a story of main protagonists, it's not only about Baam, so it's a bit different from other manga I believe
Spoiler

inFamous

inFamous

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 453 posts
I'm starting to question if some of you even read the mangas you bring up. Such as the most recent post:

Spoiler

Edit: It was way off topic, so I put it in spoiler tags.

Edited by infamous, 11 March 2013 - 06:00 PM.

modzquad

modzquad

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
Noblesse is epic, and TOG used to be too but it looks like SIU is gearing up for Baam to take the bitch route by forgiving Rachel so I kinda lost some interest in it. But Franky is hands down the best thing in TOG and Noblesse combined. That great storytelling device called Rachel is just someone with narcissistic personality disorder.

Your actual power is not important in ToG, you could always be tricked and used (like Koon does)
there is much more politics and I don't even think that a child could understand it. I believe only the older readers like myself can get most of ToG.

Wow, guess adults have that special power where they sneak in underhanded condescending comments into their conversations seamlessly

I think the main problem with Noblesse is that it is completely predictable. For a while now it has been: bad guy appears, seems to be supper strong, Rai comes and kicks his ass. Stronger guy appears, everyone is about to die, Rai kicks their ass, even STRONGER guy appears and so on. Why do elders even bother to create all this weird powers for enhanced humans if they have the technology to be as powerful as they already are? Also the elder transformations just make no sense... they just make themselves look grose for the sake of it. Also there is no character development at all, just bad guys who are mass murderers magically becoming good guys.
TOG is not perfect... but I don't think you can compare Noblesse to it. I still read it cause the fights are fun but it's lack of plot is starting to annoy me. TOG has you wondering every week even if nothing really happens/

Dude I feel like ToG just became more interesting when I saw Kvothes picture, because that's how awesome he is. If you guys are looking for complex and plotdriven stories try Patrick Rothfuss books. It will make ToG seem like Dora the explorer.

I've been pretty rough on Noblesse, but I'm also just not the target audience. The basic concept of a supernaturally attractive vampire and his very...close assistant, combined with the very manservice focused art doesnt seem to be aiming for my native 16-24 year old male demographic.

I kinda agreed with the plot thing but are you really gonna take it there? An effeminate long-haired guy that is so pussywhipped that he would forgive just about anything is for guys 16-24? I'm just gonna take that as trolling, but seriously ToG makes me come back because of Koon,Rak and some of those princesses. I don't think Noblesse is the most plotdriven story there is, but at the same time ToG isn't that holy grail of stories that everyone thinks it is. It's just people think "this is how it's going to go, or this is what will happen" and when it doesn't they get all excited and say whoa totally caught us by surprise. Any half decent book can do that though, and if you keep doing it in the long run you'll get disappointed when the author can't keep it up.

Togcrashxx1

Togcrashxx1

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

Noblesse is epic, and TOG used to be too but it looks like SIU is gearing up for Baam to take the bitch route by forgiving Rachel so I kinda lost some interest in it. But Franky is hands down the best thing in TOG and Noblesse combined. That great storytelling device called Rachel is just someone with narcissistic personality disorder.

Wow, guess adults have that special power where they sneak in underhanded condescending comments into their conversations seamlessly

Dude I feel like ToG just became more interesting when I saw Kvothes picture, because that's how awesome he is. If you guys are looking for complex and plotdriven stories try Patrick Rothfuss books. It will make ToG seem like Dora the explorer.

I kinda agreed with the plot thing but are you really gonna take it there? An effeminate long-haired guy that is so pussywhipped that he would forgive just about anything is for guys 16-24? I'm just gonna take that as trolling, but seriously ToG makes me come back because of Koon,Rak and some of those princesses. I don't think Noblesse is the most plotdriven story there is, but at the same time ToG isn't that holy grail of stories that everyone thinks it is. It's just people think "this is how it's going to go, or this is what will happen" and when it doesn't they get all excited and say whoa totally caught us by surprise. Any half decent book can do that though, and if you keep doing it in the long run you'll get disappointed when the author can't keep it up.

Well man , Your forgetting one of the main strengths of ToG , you think Rachel will be forgiven ? I am not so sure about that ,this manhwa is not predictable . I have a feeling this whole thing goes way deeper , Siu already thought of that , Everything that happened in the cave , Why was Baam there in the first place ? Why did his clothes change ? Who was the guy who was pulling Rachel's hair ? Why was there a zahard symbol in the cave ? Why did Rachel come to the cave ? Why is Rachel afraid of the night ? How did Baam get a cleaver ? There's so many questions which were never answered till now about the cave .
I have a feeling Rachel will die in this story . I agree , I don't think Tower of God is the best but for me, it goes into my 10 star list , If it keeps up with the plot , it would be even better . Point is , can Siu maintain it ? Noblesee is not a plot driven story , how many mangas are ? Hardly any manga/manhwa which are long have immensely good plots and most manhwa/manga which have great plot are not so famous , I don't even want ToG to be as over hyped as Noblesse , Noblesse , FT , Bleach etc etc , many of these are too overhyped while they are not really that good . Go ask on any forum ( except this ) is ToG or Noblesse better , many won't even have heard of ToG and most would just consider Noblesse way way way better . Most young people like mangas with action, plenty girls also prefer bishounen looks which give Noblesse more backing .
In fact ToG is not even as famous as some other manhwas like Girls of the wilds or The god of high school or other ( Breaker obviously is very famous ) . So in my book , I don't even think there's a comparison . Also These two are very different genres . ToG is not any Holy Grail but the main plot has not wavered, Every protagonists own strength , their own goals still exist and I thought of something ..... one of the coolest things is also probably that , even if we take out Baam , Koon , Rak etc or just have a few chapters showing Team S1 without all of them , ToG would still feel entertaining .
That's one of the reasons i think "Author is a genius" . Just like "Rachel's Epilogue Take away even the main character and show Rachel with some new team and some plot information , The manwha still manages to keep you interested, How is that ?
That's the real point in this manhwa , plot and stress towards all side characters make side character really lovable . Just like Yuri Zahard and her team , or test instructors like Lero-ro Quant , Antagonists like Ya Han Sung or FUG characters , The reasons is plain , it's interesting ,I think , ToG is like a book . Plenty of chapters in ToG haven't really focused on the main characters yet the plot keeps me interested .
The latest chapters feel more like a shounen one , like a bit cliched but I still think ToG has lot of potential to be an amazing webcomic , it's a breather of fresh air from the typical shounen style mangas out there .
And i really think people should stop comparing ToG to Noblesse or webtoons like noblesse . ToG is a completely plot driven story , If you have read any plot driven " Seinen " mangas . ToG certainly has a bit of that wave to it .
Also bro , Noblesse is miles ahead of ToG in popularity , Sometimes i do ask myself why are even mangas like FT so famous ? Liking or disliking is a personal choice and most people prefer simpler enjoyable shows/manga/comic than complex shows .
Complex manga tend to have more of a "Cult following" but many of them are not mainstream , So i used to think ToG will never become a "mainstream manga"because it was complex im kinda surprised how popular it got , it even topped baka updates chart.

Also don't compare fiction books with a comic . Books can be way more detailed , you don't have to draw them , it's easier writing a book and it's faster . So plz , don't compare litrature with comic cause there are thousands of great compelling literature out there . Books are Books , nothing beats books , If ToG was a novel , Siu could have made the plot 100x better . Your being very immature if your comparing comics with novels ...