Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Any other manga / anime / novel that close to TWGOK setting ?

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

could someone PLEASE help me in adding material in this topic ? geez ...

:batoto_012:

Not Lives

Title (Japan) : NOT LIVES-ノットライヴス

Latest RAW Tankubon : Vol 04

Batoto Description :

Mikami is only in high school but he is a game designer genius. He has created many popular games ranging from RPG to action to even puzzle games. From a classmate’s request, he decides his next project will be a romance game so he begins to gather research material that will help him make another hit game. But when Mikami gets home, he finds a game called Not Alive that he doesn’t remember getting and curiously, he plays the game and the next thing he knows, the CD goes inside him and he has turned into a girl!

Personal Comment :

Haven't read it yet ... I'll delete this post in case it don't really "alike" with TWGOK ...

(too much happening in RL, and my health isn't good lately)

in case someone already read it, give comment in case it don't really "alike" with TWGOK ...

already read it ... (and indeed MC including the "avatar" is expert in most game)

!!! WARNING !!! this manga is about !!! KILLING EACH OTHER IN GAME !!!

if you don't like GantZ, Hack, SAO, Btoom, [C] or such, don't read this ...

and in RAW lately IT FEELS LIKE GANTZ !

and please visit Bento forum if you could ...

a word or two for encouragement might do good for them and for reader too ...

Edited by yariel, 05 May 2014 - 12:52 PM.

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Rabukome o Zenryoku de Jama Shite Iru

Title (Japan) : 俺の脳内選択肢が、学園ラブコメを全力で邪魔している

Title (Romanji) : Ore no Nōnai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Come o Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru

Title (Translated) : My Mental Multiple-Choice Power Is Completely Ruining My School Romantic Comedy

Synopsis (from ANN) :

"The story centers around Kanade Amakusa, a boy cursed with the mental power of "absolute multiple-choice" — a multiple-choice quiz will suddenly appear in his mind, and the choice he makes will become his reality. For example, he would have to choose between going nude from the waist up or the waist down in school. While in school, he is given another choice: 1) A beautiful girl will fall before him or 2) he will fall from the rooftop in female clothes. He chooses option 1, and a blonde girl named Chocolat falls before him."

Airing in Fall 2013

already aired ... first impression in my mind ... "GOES CRAZY" !!!!

Edit, Already checking around ...

Media : Novel, Manga, Anime ...

it seems no one willing to take the manga version ...

(even the novel is in translation a5t Baka Tsuki, the manga version don't even have RAW scan around the net)

Edited by yariel, 10 October 2014 - 11:28 AM.

Diyedas

Diyedas

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

Thanks for these, dude. Most of these I already were aware of, but I'm really enjoying No Game No Life thanks to you.

I'll second reading Yamada and the Seven Witches. That's a favorite of mine. Hilarious, fantastic art, and an intriguing fun story.

I might be able to help you find more stuff, but I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for. I have a broad knowledge of shounen romance and harem series though.

Edited by Diyedas, 05 July 2013 - 09:49 PM.

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

I'm stuck again cause I can't find other manga "alike" to TWGOK ...

probably can't add more for a month or so ... *x* ...

(RL suck, and I'm sick too) but if I notice one, I'll try to post it immediately in here ...

Thanks for these, dude. Most of these I already were aware of, but I'm really enjoying No Game No Life thanks to you.

I'll second reading Yamada and the Seven Witches. That's a favorite of mine. Hilarious, fantastic art, and an intriguing fun story.

I might be able to help you find more stuff, but I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for. I have a broad knowledge of shounen romance and harem series though.

as long as there's a bit element from TWGOK ...

Ex (one of this is fine) :

- MC used to be loner, but do his / her best to help other ... (hermit, neet, hikkikomori, anti social, etc)

- Otaku Trait in MC or other sub character ...

(not only otaku, but they use their otaku knowledge / trait / personality to help main story)

- chuunibyou trait also okay as long as it help main story progress (often) ...

- the world in the manga is often being compared to game ... (any game is fine, including RPG, fantasy, fighting, etc)

- capturing heart from other by understanding and fixing their problem ...

(in great way, like in DOUBT! ... or in very devious way like in Denpa Kyoushi ... the greater, the better)

- etc ... (can't really get a detail in what TWGOK formula, sometimes it goes random)

Edited by yariel, 16 December 2013 - 04:56 PM.

Nightdragon

Nightdragon

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 45 posts

,,,, too many fanboys really.. twgok but its nothing religious worthy about it.  just about a guy who plays gal-games all the time (which i have to ask is why hasn't he exploded from not playing them yet) and was "recruited" to find run away spirts. I mean he doesn't really love any of them, in fact most of the time he is indifferent. Granted he does care if they get attacked and stuff which so far is the greatest improvement to his character. but other than that, it seems like people are thinking what he does can be used as pickup lines or that somehow he is the ultimate player... (which is i bet the biggest draw)

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

I think it's already close for being a "religions" as otaku ... or something like that ...

kinda scary if you think that way ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hP2hM1OrdtM

===============================================================================

LYRIC :

Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXhz1vH59IA&gl=ID&hl=id

Edited by yariel, 02 August 2013 - 01:01 PM.

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlbCJs5S3RI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz4Hbe3mTQY

Spoiler

Edited by yariel, 02 August 2013 - 01:19 PM.

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Kagerou Days

Title (Japan) : カゲロウデイズ

Latest RAW Tankubon : Vol 04 (Ongoing)

Author: Jin (Ii)

Artist: Satou Mahiro

Batoto Description :

A story based on the new popular series of songs by Jin. Shintaro Kisaragi, a neet who shut himself inside his room for two years, has been living his life normally until he met a cyber girl named Ene, who appeared on his computer screen when someone sent him an e-mail one year ago. One day, Ene messing up with Shintaro's PC. which cause him have to go to outside world for first time in two years.

Media : Manga

Genre :

Action, Comedy,Psychological,Sci-fi, Supernatural

Saenai Kanojo (Heroine) no Sodatekata

Title (Japan) : 冴えない彼女の育てかた

Latest RAW Tankubon : Vol 01 (Ongoing)

Author: Maruto Fumiaki

Artist: MORIKI Takeshi

Batoto Description :

A highschool otaku named Aki Tomoya runs into his dream girl one day...only to find that she has the faintest presence to his chagrin!

Now with his otaku passions, Tomoya wants to turn the girl into a heroine in the only realm he is familiar with: 2D dating simulation game. To accomplish this objective, he scouts Eriri Spencer Sawamura, his half-foreigner childhood friend equipped with artistic talent, as the illustrator, and Kasumigaoka Utaha, a famous prodigy writer, as the script writer.

Oh, did we mention the dream girl's name?

Media : Manga, Novel

Genre :

Comedy, Drama, Romance, School Life

Saenai Kanojo (Heroine) no Sodatekata ~egoistic-lily~

Author: Maruto Fumiaki

Artist: Niito

Batoto Description :

A highschool otaku named Aki Tomoya runs into his dream girl one day...only to find that she has the faintest presence to his chagrin!

Now with his otaku passions, Tomoya wants to turn the girl into a heroine in the only realm he is familiar with: 2D dating simulation game. To accomplish this objective, he scouts Eriri Spencer Sawamura, his half-foreigner childhood friend equipped with artistic talent, as the illustrator, and Kasumigaoka Utaha, a famous prodigy writer, as the script writer.

Oh, did we mention the dream girl's name?

Media : Manga, Novel

Genre :

Comedy, Drama, Romance, School Life

Edited by yariel, 05 May 2014 - 12:56 PM.

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

!!! ANIME !!!

Title (Japan) : ログ・ホライズン

Title (Romanji) : Log Horizon

Title (Translated) : Log Horizon

Manga Link in Batoto ...

Log Horizon

Synopsis (from ANN) :

Elder Tales is an online fantasy RPG that has become popular worldwide. But when its twelfth expansion package, "Cultivate the Noosphere," is installed, thirty thousand players in Japan are trapped inside. Among them is grad student Shiroe, who isn't very good at interacting with others. But to survive in a world full of monsters, he forms a guild called "Log Horizon" with an eclectic group of other players.

Media : Novel, Anime, Manga ...

Author: Touno Mamare

Artist: Hara Kazuhiro

BTW, it seems the novel being made by the author from "Maoyuu Maou Yuusha" Novel too

so we can expect some quality work and story in here ...

Extra Note :

1ST SEASON ANIME HAS ENDED, AND 2ND SEASON WILL SOON RELEASED IN FALL 2014 ...

Edited by yariel, 05 May 2014 - 01:00 PM.

margaretman2

margaretman2

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

There is one... but its boring and kinda of rip-off setting. You won't like it, and i forgot its name SO... try reading
http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/bokura-no-kiseki-r151

The MC for this manga is just as sly, and deceptive than Keima. Its confusing at first, but give it a bit of patience and it'll reel you right in.

Big fan of Bokura no Kiseki.

As for the rip-off setting, were you referring to Galge no Sekai yo Youkoso (http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/galge-no-sekai-yo-youkoso-r3616) ?

I thought that it was not bad. Pales in comparison to TWOGK, but many works do.

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Outbreak Company - Moeru Shinryakusha

Title (Japan) : アウトブレイク・カンパニー 萌える侵略者

Title (Romanji) : Outbreak Company - Moeru Shinryakusha

Latest RAW Tankubon : Vol 02 (Ongoing)

Latest RAW LN : Vol 08 (ongoing)

Batoto Description :

Having a light novel author father and an eroge illustrator mother, Kanou Shinichi is a thoroughbred otaku. However he does not have any special power except for his broad knowledge, sharp insight, and impeccable instinct about "moe" and its products, from manga to anime to games to light novel to figures. One day he found himself transported to a fantasy world where elves live and dragons fly. And he is given a task—not to fight monster or embark on a quest, but to enhance cultural exchange by becoming a "moe missionary" in this fantasy world! He meets a palace guard who has a bit of fujoshi taste, a half-elf maid, and the empress who is a little girl. He comes up with the idea of building a school. At first it runs as a comedy but later there are serious matters that Shinichi needs to face: ethnic discrimination, social problems, conflict with neighboring countries, sabotage by opposition elements including Japanese government and the likes. Can he overcome the obstacles, successfully bring "moe" culture to the fantasy world, and help the people there as well?

Media : Anime (already ended in 12 ep), Manga, Novel (?)

Author : SAKAKI Ichirou

Artist : KAJIYA Kiri

Personal comment :

even starting with silly base story, the story eventually become quite heavier and ...

will makes you hate government ...

I wonder why so much story, either from manga, anime and novel inducing plenty of hate toward government ...

(doesn't really matter for me since I hate my own country and government)

BTW, MC himself is quite devious & perceptive (sometimes TOO MUCH perceptive) because of his otaku trait ...

Edited by yariel, 05 May 2014 - 01:07 PM.

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Lasboss x Hero

Title (Japan) : ラスボスxヒーロー

Title (Romanji) : LASBOSS×HERO

Latest RAW Tankubon : Vol 03 (End at Vol 04 ?)

Batoto Description :

Sagara Masamune is a manga author who isn't very successful, and it's looking like it's time to end his battle manga. To go for an unexpected ending, he plans to kill off the main heroine, Nina, in a dramatic way. As he works on his manga, he is mysteriously sucked into the pages. Now he's trapped in the world of his own creation, with his protagonists, exorcists Haru and Nina. He doesn't really get what's happening, but he thinks concluding the manga, which involves orchestrating Nina's death, might get him back home.

Spoiler

Media : Just manga !

Author : Kuzushiro

Artist : Kuzushiro

Personal comment :

MC indeed not Otaku, but mangaka instead ...

however, since MC have "knowledge of manga" I just put it in this thread ... =3= ...

and ... plenty of "Death Note" material in here ... *x* ... (whatever it means)

Spoiler

Edited by yariel, 05 May 2014 - 01:09 PM.

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Blood Lad

Title (Japan) : ブラッドラッド

Latest RAW Tankubon : Vol 10 (Ongoing)

Batoto Description :

The vampire Staz is one of the most powerful district bosses in the demon world, fending off everyone who dares challenge him. But secretly, the fearsome Staz is obsessed with human culture, especially video games, manga, and everything that comes from Japan! When a Japanese girl wanders into the demon world, Staz can’t wait to meet the human and learn everything he can about her world. Unfortunately, before he’s able to ask her anything, the girl is killed by one of his would-be usurpers, leaving just her bare soul behind. Staz vows to help the girl restore her body and return to her former life—especially since it means taking a trip to the human world himself!

Author : KODAMA Yuuki

Artist : KODAMA Yuuki

Personal Comment :

MC is Otaku ... powerful but somehow might get silly since he get affected by his otaku trait ...

the art is kinda off for my taste, but definitely a good series ...

moreover the anime series is really good ... I hope they make second season for this series ...

Media : Manga (Available in Batoto too), Anime (10 ep)

Anime :

Spoiler

the ecchi element in anime is HIGHER than the manga version ...

BTW, you know super pervert hero in MSN, and how he escape sealed space ?

yeah ... just think what MC do when he get into that situation ... lololol ...

Spoiler

Edited by yariel, 05 May 2014 - 01:08 PM.

AsthreA

AsthreA

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

I have one here..one of my favorite so far..though i don't know if your gonna like it or if you already had read it..

Shinigami-sama to 4 nin no Kanojo...english "Grim reaper and the 4 girlfriends"..
The setting is quite REVERSE from TWGOK and the only similar is that MC is actually capturing the heroines heart or to be precise he's making her girlfriends fall for him after starting dating them

MC is Minaguchi Kaoru a loner and not good at any like sports or studies and extremely obsessed with shoujo manga(considered as otaku maybe?) to the point that his/her classmate thought he's a gay because of reading shoujou manga..but the real reason was he was a fan of True love genre and really hates harem..(though in the end he end up on harem ^^,)...

impressions:

after reading the first half pages of the first chapter i thought i was reading a serious yandere scene lolx and it was quite a thrilling and gave me goosebumps and kinda reminds me of school days but after the 2nd half pages of the first chapter it was full of funny moments and kinda like TWGOK's atmosphere..so i really like this series

minor spoiler and synopsis

Spoiler

Spoiler

Cover page sample

Spoiler

Thats all the info i know..hope you like it and enjoy it

Edited by AsthreA, 20 February 2014 - 12:49 AM.

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

sorry for late reply, it's rare to other giving post in here ...

so I rarely check this thread ... *x* ...

and ... indeed MC is Shoujo manga otaku ... at first he won't use his skill ...

but since MC dating them one by one or have plan for each girl individually ...

he eventually use his otaku knowledge from Shoujo manga, bits by bits ...

Shinigami-sama to 4-nin no Kanojo

Title (Japan) : 不成为现充就会死!

Batoto's Description ...

Minaguchi Kaoru is nothing special. He's no good at sports or school, isn't in any clubs, and he's not popular. He has no friends and isn't even interested in any of the girls he knows. He's also teased due to the fact that he loves shoujo manga. Unlike the harem daydreams of his peers, he dreams of finding his true love. Unfortunately, a shinigami comes to kill him, simply because he's a "forever alone" sort of guy. When he gasps out his intention of embracing life with his final breaths, though, she takes it back! As long as he follows through on his intentions, he won't be killed.

To convince the shinigami that his plans are genuine, he declares that he will confess to the girl he likes, the very next day. Expecting failure with confessing to random girls in his school, he sends out love letters to four different girls. To his surprise, they all agree to be his girlfriend. Now, this shoujo-manga-loving guy has ended up in a kind of harem story, quadruple-timing four girls! Will he be able to stay involved enough with society to avoid an early death?

Personal comment :

-= I don't think I should comment more for this one, "AsthreA" already said most of it and it match my opinion quite well=-

nice post, thanks ...

Warning, All girls is WEIRD in here ... and one of them is CREEPY YANDERE ...

you have been warned ...

Edited by yariel, 05 May 2014 - 01:11 PM.

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

not really "alike" ... but probably a pun instead ... ^_^

BTW, I'll keep updating this thread even after TWGOK finished ...

so the memory and impression of TWGOK will live FOREVER ...

Boku Girl

Batoto Description ...

Mizuki gets confessed to by a boy in front of a special Mirror. Legend has it, that if you confess to someone you like in front of that mirror your wish comes true!

There is a slight Problem in this Equation: Mizuki is just a very feminine looking boy.

Also it seems that he caught the Attention of the Norse Trickster God Loki while glancing into the Mirror. Loki decides out of boredom to mess with Mizuki and turns him into a real Girl.

Hijinks ensue...

Spoiler

Edited by yariel, 06 April 2014 - 01:46 PM.

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Majo to Houki to Kurobuchi Megane

Title (Japan) : 魔女とほうきと黒縁メガネ

Latest RAW Tankubon : Vol 02 (Ongoing)

Batoto Description :

This is the story of two girls. Rhianna and Noriko. One day Rhianna moves in next door to Noriko and they soon become friends. Rhianna comes from a family with a magical background, yet she struggles to do even the most basic spells. This leads Noriko to assume she’s just cosplaying as a witch. She also lacks everyday common sense and knowledge. Noriko on the other hand is pretty level headed, but likes… really likes cute things.

Personal Comment :

Not really Otaku, rather an ex Chuuni ... but most of all, the drawing somehow remind me with TWGOK ... (only by 20%-35% tough)

still, the Chunni effect her act and somehow she meet a real loli witch ... (I think this somewhat close to Otaku knowledge)

Edited by yariel, 05 May 2014 - 01:13 PM.

Rave Jai Ho

Rave Jai Ho

Potato

• Members
  • 114 posts

I have a recomendation for you all!

The manga is called

No Game No Life

And it is the story of two NEET gamers who gets sucked in to another world where everything in daily life is solved or fought with games. Watch the MC use his gaming experience and cunning skills!

Edited by Rave Jai Ho, 25 April 2014 - 06:31 AM.

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

already post that one in page 2 ... =3= ...

yeah, it's a good series ...

the anime version even make the game looks more interesting than the LN version ...

I'll try to arrange this topic so it will become better and easier to search the manga/novel/anime/ etc ...

Love Theory (Love Riron)

Title (Japan) : LOVE理論

Latest RAW Tankubon : Vol 03 or 4? (Ongoing)

Batoto Description :

Loser Yarahata Kanji can’t even have a normal conversation with a girl let alone have any kind of relationship with one. But one day a ghost named Aiya appears and declares that he has been tasked with the mission to change Kanji’s life. At this rate, the Yarahata name will not live on so Aiya will become a love education teacher and coach him on how to develop relationships with girls.

The first hurdle comes when he starts a part time job at a convenience store and sees that his co-worker is a hot girl named Yoshizato Saki who also happens to be the store owner’s daughter. With the help of Aiya, Kanji, although stumbling along the way, has a conversation with her and builds a relationship. But he has miles to go if he wants to be the kind of person that can date beautiful women.

Personal Comment :

If Katsuragi Keima makes girl fall in love to himself, this in Love Riron (the ghost) tried to make the girls fall in love to MC ...

(by teaching him all theory about love)

funny and ecchi ... tough the art sometimes creep me out ...

Tenmanga host this further ... try to search by "Love Riron" title at there ...

another note, the theory / method in this manga is quite realistic ...

but all in all, it's JUST theory and psychology trick ... don't ever try this in RL before thinking this first hand ...

Edited by yariel, 06 May 2014 - 12:25 AM.

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Magika no Kenshi to Shoukan Maou

Title (Japan) : 魔技科の剣士と召喚魔王

Batoto Description :

15 years ago the world discovered magic as well as mythical beings (basically beings from various legends) in another dimension. Humankind learned to summon these dangerous mythical beings and use their power to great effect. 7 countries formed contracts with these "Diva" and gained their alligence as a result. Diva will chose their summoners on their 14th birthday and give them a stigma. Schools have been set up to train summoners and magical swordsman (basically bodyguards that give the summoners time to cast their spell) as a result.

15 years later after the finding of magic Kazuki Hayashizaki is chosen as a summoner and given a stigma to indicate that. This is surprising since males aren't chosen as summoners due to their low amount of mana compared to females. As the first male to be a summoner Kazuki is under a lot of scrutiny by almost everyone.

To complicate matters his sister (who's a magical swordsman) is against him going into summoner school to train there as a summoner. Because summoners and magical swordsman have a cat mouse thing going on where summoners look down on magical swordsman as inferior so his sister naturally is against him going there. She'll stop him even if it means going to war.

Kazuki however is determined to thrive in summoner school and have already determined to give it his all. Even if he's the lowest ranked student (ranked E) and his fellow students intend to demean him he'll prove himself as the strongest summoner.

Personal Comment :

too long ? okay, here's the short one ... a bit spoilers for further chapter so it's in spoilers tag ...

Spoiler