Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Any other manga / anime / novel that close to TWGOK setting ?

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

D47.Biryu

D47.Biryu

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
You are incredible yariel :)

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
meh ... not really ...
and lately I'm out of material to be put in here ...
(probably other mangaka / author waiting some from the mass of "TWGOK alike" ended first before they adding another)
less rival present in the current market, the better it is ...

you can help this thread by mentioning any manga that have close "element" with TWGOK ...

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

I get strange feeling, lately this about
"gathering harem by helping girl" trait from TWGOK ...
(no other manga seems have trait for otaku who close to Katsuragi Keima anymore) ~(=x=)~

5fhlbl.jpg

==================================================================================================

Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo

34sl407.jpg
Batoto's Description:
Ryu Yamada is a second year student at Suzaku High. Ryu is always late for school, naps in class and gets abysmal grades. His life is a dead bore. The beautiful Urara Shiraishi, on the other hand, is Suzaku High's brightest student. One day, without explanation, their bodies are swapped! Ryu ends up in Urara's body, and Urara in Ryu's.

My personal comment ...
same like usual ...
the MC actually don't want to do anything about other ... and don't care ...
but he eventually helping all "witches" ...
and get note, all this witches have problem / trauma in their live ...
like usual ... if someone help girl out of their problem ... they will become hooked to them ...

Media :

Manga ...

==================================================================================================

Tsuki Tsuki!

2hykq6o.jpg

Batoto's Description:
One day Shinobu wakes up just to find a naked blonde girl sleeping besides him. He has no memory whatsoever of her. Who is she? Why is she in his bed? Why is she naked? To make matters worse, his sister comes in and sees them. What will happen now?

My personal comment ...
this one MC helping quite abnormal bunch of girl ...
his own sister (zombie ?), Half devil, Devil, Loli God, Exorcist ...
and ... yeah, help them and gather the harem ...
get note, MC himself isn't really anti social ... and he willingly to help other ...
but obviously MC don't really want a harem ...
yet all girl don't want to lose and swarm him with full force of rivalry ...

Media :

Manga, Light Novel ...

Edited by yariel, 03 May 2014 - 07:07 PM.

AshokaTheGreat

AshokaTheGreat

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • LocationThe internet. Actually, no, I'm a bunch of letters on your screen that may or may not originate from a person who acts a little different when talking to you face to face. Can be found at the D2 Brigade, MAL, on twitter and on tvTropes (mainly the ToG page).
I am sorta disappointed to see a severe lack of Hentai Ouji to Waranai Neko… In english: The Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat.

And for shits and giggles, I'll just add Legend of Lemnear. It has absolutely nothing to do with KamiNomi. It's 80s. It's schlocky. A warrior princes runs around in nuttin but a g-string. You might like it. Also, very pretty.

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Hentai Ouji to Waranai Neko seems get bad reception from reader ...
Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko.

Batoto Description :

If Yokodera were an equation, he'd be 'peeping at girls' plus 'does not care what others say,' therefore 'he peeps vigorously, intensely, diligently, and frequently.'

Yokodera mops so that he can see the reflection of panties in the floor. He weeds so that he can see up skirts. He rides fast so that each girl he passes has her skirt flipped. He does these sorts of things every day.

To everyone else though, he's a nice and diligent guy who's greatly appreciated. Lucky? Far from it, at least in his eyes. Yokodera doesn't like being misinterpreted, but he is also a coward. He wishes others would stop seeing his actions as good, but he just can't do anything about it.

Then his friend told him about a cat statue, which might remove this unwanted trait...

Note: This manga is adapted from a light novel of the same name and illustrated by Kantoku

Personal Comment :

too slow paced for me ... (and slow paced plot / story has become bad experience for Wakaki at his previous manga)

===============================================================================================

Legend of Lemnear ... well, that's quite oldie ...
Legend of Lemnear
already finish it ...

both is quite interesting ... but for me, it's so-so ... (about average ... very average)
also both don't take enough "alike" from TWGOK trait ...

Edited by yariel, 09 May 2014 - 04:40 PM.

rhayex

rhayex

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts
Really, Date A Live reminds me more of Sora no Otoshimono than The World God Only Knows.

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Really, Date A Live reminds me more of Sora no Otoshimono than The World God Only Knows.

too bad, this will end abruptly ...
www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-02-23/date-a-live-manga-ends-abruptly-due-to-artist-health
in case the mangaka dead, this series will never live again ...
unless other mangaka will try to adapt this into manga (originally it comes from LN)

NOTE :

THE 1ST SEASON ANIME HAS FINISHED, THERE'S PLAN FOR OVA AND SECOND SEASON !!!

There's a project / plan for 2nd release of MANGA version ... let's hope it will success and get released ...

NOTE  II :

2nd season anime get aired 2014 ...

Edited by yariel, 09 May 2014 - 04:42 PM.

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
holy ... this thread is getting strange ...
so many "view" increase per day and yet so few reply / post ...
(or rather, am I the only one who keep making post in here ?)

BTW, there's sub character like in Katsuragi Keima in Ore Shura ...
http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/ore-no-kanojo-to-osananajimi-ga-shuraba-sugiru-r728
(Saeko) she is Galge producer ... and somehow she expert in handling flag in game and real live ...
too bad, she is sub character and RARELY appear ...
now appearing in manga (Ch 23) and anime (Ch 10, 11) ...

rhayex

rhayex

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts
Has Iris Zero been mentioned yet? It's a great series that's unfortunately been on hiatus due to the author's health.

Also, Date A Live has an anime adaptation coming out in a few days, so there's that at least.

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Iris Zero is quite good too ... and yeah get hiatus for quite a long time ...

I hope the author don't kick bucket or something ... sorry, I don't mention it since it get hiatus for so long ...

it don't have otaku as important chara, and don't have "gathering harem by helping girl" too ...

I don't really have vibe "alike" too much from Iris Zero with TWGOK either ...

Iris Zero

indeed Date A Live will have anime soon (already mentioned in page 1) ...

too bad the manga end abruptly ... I hope someone will continue it ...

(BTW, since it's base4d VN, the anime might continue farther than the manga story ... )

I'm glad TWGOK back in track again ...

this thread only alternative way to reduce "thirst" for TWGOK fans but it can't compare the "real one" obviously ...

and I can't keep all the update since "alike" manga is RARE ... freaking rare ...

Edited by yariel, 03 May 2014 - 07:17 PM.

rhayex

rhayex

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts
Iris Zero's protagonist is pretty cunning. Also, Ore ga Heroine is translated really slowly. They need help, just a heads up if you're interested in that series.

That's all I meant when I recced Iris Zero. The MC is awesome. That is all

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

indeed that MC in Iris Zero is good ...

he can perceive other human character / emotion / plan ...

(and even sometimes an animal habit)

thus he get sensitive in reading other character trait ... (this including love toward him)

well, in that matter sense, he indeed a bit like Katsuragi Keima ...

(KK can read "target" habit, personality and feeling too)

EDIT :

new info ...

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/ore-ga-heroine-o-tasukesugite-sekai-ga-little-mokushiroku-r6206?st=200#comment_178441

"Ore ga Heroine" manga translation get stuck since the translator in Orijido Scan for this manga quit ...

I hope someone willing to help them to keep the translation continued ...

this is one of my fav manga ... so I kinda begging in here ... sorry ...

Edited by yariel, 29 March 2013 - 03:03 PM.

rhayex

rhayex

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts
Could Light Novels be included here? Because I know of a series that's remarkably similar to TWGOK. Uncannily similar, even.

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

as long as it's in translation project or something ...

can't really confirm if it's RAW (can't read it) ...

Avs

Avs

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Ok Yariel. Try http://vatoto.com/comic/_/miman-renai-r2647 and respond.

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

okay, but maybe I'll give comment latter ... (need work and RL stuff)

don't really have time to read most manga lately ...

and I rarely visit TWGOK thread too (out of material for my thread and Wakaki often takes break)

EDIT : (gotta arrange this latter)

Miman Renai

Description: Twenty-nine-year old Kurose Kazumi is a programmer in an eroge company and has played plenty of galges when he was younger, but he's completely uninterested in young girls. A chance encounter changes that when he meets a middle schooler who suddenly says she can't date him, but he realizes how cute she is and wants to keep her with him.

Personal Comment :

a cute and lightheartedly funny in here ...

sometimes he tried his "knowledge" in funny way ...

but get strange unique way of response ...

(not really my type of manga, nevertheless this is a good one)

I tried to maintain the "neutral" side not based by taste ...

a good one for TWGOK "alike" collection ... thanks ... ^m^ ...

Media :

Manga ...

Edited by yariel, 03 May 2014 - 07:08 PM.

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

12 Beast

Batoto description : (for OneShot)

From the creator of Monster Musume comes a New Age Cup one-shot entry, 12 Beast! Join Eita on an epic mini-adventure to save the Lizard Tribe from... whatever the hell that thing is...

Personal Description : (for the series)

Eita Touga is an otaku gamers (action, RPG, etc) however it seems he suck in galge including real live ...

somehow he able to do self defense art ? (which actually he is a ninja descendant) ...

he don't like getting in any trouble thus avoiding any plea and relationship to other ...

however ... as absurd as it sound a harpy girl beg him to save her world ...

(and somehow his brother who expert in girls catching is tugging him into that strange world)

can he save that world ? or at least survive ?

Media :

Manga ...

Edited by yariel, 03 May 2014 - 07:09 PM.

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

No Game No Life

Type :

"Forced into that world"

Genre :

Ecchi, Comedy, Supernatural, Sci-fy

Media :

Manga, Light Novel, Game (?) ... ANIME VERSION IS GREAT ...

Batoto Description :

The internet is full of rumors about the NEET and Hikikomori genius gamer siblings Sora and Shiro. The two go as far as to refer to the world as a "shit game", but then one day a young man calling himself "God" summons them to parallel universe. There, God has forbidden war, and "everything is to be settled with games". Yes, even the national borders. Driven into a corner by other species, the 'human species' is down to its last city. Can Sora and Shiro, these related failures of society, become the saviors of humankind in this parallel world?

Personal Comment :

a good manga, have ecchi and ... yeah, incest ecchi material ... not to mention the sister is only 11 yr old, loli material too I guess ... if you love TWGOK or Mondaijitachi Isekai series probably you will love this one too ...

The anime is really making this series shine, powerless being in the world full of powerful being ...

and yet they will always win ...

Light Novel Translation at Baka Tsuki ...

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=No_Game_No_Life

a picture from LN ... don't fap this, okay ?

Spoiler

Anime OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8md9dNe37NU

??? :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B7lyVAJNQo

Edited by yariel, 30 September 2014 - 11:42 AM.

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Doubt! (AMANO Sakuya)

Batoto Description :

Ichiru Kanzaki is given an offer he can't refuse: to clear his entire debt, he has to enroll in the high school his father works track down his father's illegitimate daughter, his own younger half-sister, whom he has never met. But which girl is she?

Personal Comment :

MC is not an otaku or such (NEET actually) ... HOWEVER ...

HE IS EXPERT IN READING HUMAN PERSONALITY AND ABLE TO GET INTEREST (LOVE) ...

probably because his father is counselor ?

this MC is freaking cold tough and quite manipulative ... and sometimes makes you feels hate him ...

but who knows what inside his heart ? help other ? hate other ? hate himself ? helping himself ?

his father and mother ... a twisted one ? or someone around him ?

Spoiler

guess who is the target and the MC which going to hunt ? lolz ...

Spoiler
Spoiler

Media :

Manga Only ?

Edited by yariel, 09 January 2014 - 11:22 AM.

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Moeru Seito Kaichou

this is only one shot tough ...

I wonder if they might get this serialized or not ...

type of pervert MC, but smart and quite devious too ...

(BTW, there's yandere in here ... you have been warned)

Edited by yariel, 03 May 2014 - 07:12 PM.