Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Any other manga / anime / novel that close to TWGOK setting ?

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Another thread I made ...

"Living in Game" series !

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TWGOK series already finished, but I will still updating and continuing this thread ...

to preserve TWGOK memory and to invite future reader for this series ...

any other manga with TWGOK setting or close to TWGOK character ...
please give some info in here ... (please give reason why did you choose it)

here my list ...

Bright World Project ...

Akarui Sekai Keikaku ...

Title (Japan) : 人类补完计划

Tankubon Latest Release : Vol 03 (END)

the MC is more or less like Katsuragi Keima ... plus lolicon trait ? lolz ...
too much hint might cause spoiler ... so I make it short ...
Note : there's a yandere in here ... and all girl is quite ... lunatic ?

Batoto Description :

The minister's aide has an idea, a project in mind to help correct the declining birth rates in Japan. This plan, so to speak, has it where Japan's youth are encouraged to form relationships. The catch is that at the chosen highschool for the initial test of this is being held, the project is mandatory — the students must become intimate couples with the other students or they will die.

25f4l0o.jpg
Edit :

that cover and title kinda misleading ...

this manga story will become darker sooner than you think ...

2jfkv40.jpg

there's NTR too in here ... well, sorta ... =3= ...

SOME character is lunatic ... or nuts ... or crazy beyond thinking ...
latter, there's death game ... and there's a real death and twisted characters ... VERY TWISTED ...

Edited by yariel, 09 October 2014 - 02:44 PM.

SidL

SidL

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 570 posts
There is one... but its boring and kinda of rip-off setting. You won't like it, and i forgot its name SO... try reading
http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/bokura-no-kiseki-r151

The MC for this manga is just as sly, and deceptive than Keima. Its confusing at first, but give it a bit of patience and it'll reel you right in.

kyrt

kyrt

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
denpa kyoushi http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/denpa-kyoushi-r2651. is like a mix between great teacher onizuka (GTO) and god only knows. It's a manga with a reluctant otaku who becomes a teacher. school/science/otaku setting and although not all that close to the twgok setting it's a decent manga all the same.

Edited by kyrt, 09 November 2012 - 07:01 PM.

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Bokura no Kiseki

Batoto Description :

From a young age, Minami Harusumi has had recurring dreams of Veronica, a princess whose kingdom is on the verge of destruction. He believes them to be recollections of his past life, and that he is her reincarnation. Because of this, he is ridiculed by his classmates. One day, when the mockery escalates into bullying, he rediscovers magic—something Veronica had studied and used. Reassured his past life is not merely a fantasy, Minami tries to learn more about his past memories and the reason behind them...

Personal Comment :

is a bit far from TWGOK style ... but it indeed have a bit of it ...

(don't really fit my taste tough)

Denpa Kyoushi

indeed a mixture of several character ...

including like TWGOK how he solve the trouble ...
but with more WILD act ... if only translation get faster for this one ...

translation now nearly caught up to the latest RAW ...

big thanks to their effort ...

Batoto Description :

Kagami Junichirou is known as a Genius Physicist. He wrote a thesis at a young age of 17 and it was even published by "Nature" a prominent science magazine. After college he devoted himself to being an Otaku and a NEET. Updating his Anime Blog, aiming for #1 ranking. He claims to have a disease that makes him do ONLY what he wants to do. Desperate to get him to do something with his life, his little sister manages to get him a job as a teacher at his Alma Mater.

My opinion :

very good manga, and to be honest QUITE CLOSE TO TWGOK TRAIT !!!

I won't say more but you might know if you read this further ...

zvynv4.jpg

THIS BEING MADE INTO COMMERCIAL ANIME ...

HOWEVER THERE'S A PLAN TO MAKE THIS INTO SERIALIZED ANIME ...

another one from me ...
Boku to Kanojo no Renai Mokuroku

or

Boku to Kanojo no Koi Roku

Batoto Description :

Mizuhara Ritsu loves both the 2D beauties of eroge and elementary school students. Also, his friend Bungo is jealous of how he seems to be surrounded by cute girls--there's his little sister Miri, his tsundere childhood friend Akari, and kuudere Hatori.

One day, Bungo tells Ritsu about an anonymous blogger who writes about the future, and whose vague online self-description seems to match Ritsu. While initially assuming it to be a prank, Ritsu ends up letting his actions be guided by the blog's horoscope-like hints for the upcoming day...

Personal Comment :
the MC looks ALIKE with Katsuragi Keima face (almost like twin brother but with different art) ...
and yeah, he don't have godly skill but it seems he see a blog that created by KK ... =3= ...
he is pedo too ...

Spoiler

gosh, why so many KK wannabe become pedo ?
maybe that's why Wakaki create this Urara arc ... to show that KK fear the loli ? LOLZ ...

Edited by yariel, 09 May 2014 - 04:35 PM.

SidL

SidL

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 570 posts

Bokura no Kiseki is a bit far from TWGOK style ... but it indeed have a bit of it ...

Denpa Kyoushi indeed a mixture of several character ... including like TWGOK how he solve the trouble ...
but with more WILD act ... if only translation get faster for this one ...

Bokura no Kiseki is done by a female mangaka, and most of mangas done by females (not all) has a distinctive art style different than ones done by males. This series went beyond my expectations despite the stereotype of the style, and you'll be surprised as well. The MC is such a good liar.
The romance in BNK is in there, but its not capturing a women's heart srry.

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

hmm ... I will update this thread everytime Wakaki takes a break ...
it's kind of rare too for any series which close to TWGOK ...
for a meanwhile ...

Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru

jra6tu.jpg

30ur2i8.jpg
... LOLZ ...

Batoto Description :

Eita, after entering high school, is aiming for the National University School of Medicine. His parents' divorce and his goal became the reason that he shuns anything to do with romance or love. One day the school beauty Masuzu with the silver hair who just returned to the country entered his life in the most unexpected way. His childhood friend since elementary school, Chiwa will not let this go without a fight.

Personal Comment :

BTW, the MC is EX-Chuunibyou ... not otaku ...
but he is courageous in helping girl ... no matter how hopeless and he get beaten up ...
this become his major charm and girls start falling over hell for him ...

Media as in : Manga (series and 4koma), Novel, AND THE ANIME REACH EP 13 and already finished ... there's more story tough ...

Edited by yariel, 09 May 2014 - 04:28 PM.

Q-kun

Q-kun

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Boku to Kanojo no Renai Mokuroku
http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/boku-to-kanojo-no-renai-mokuroku-r1716
the MC looks ALIKE with Katsuragi Keima face (almost like twin brother but with different art) ...
and yeah, he don't have godly skill but it seems he see a blog that created by KK ... =3= ...
he is pedo too ...

Please stop insulting TWGOK by comparing it to this mess and Keima is not a pedo.

SidL

SidL

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 570 posts

Please stop insulting TWGOK by comparing it to this mess and Keima is not a pedo.

I really have no idea how it got such a high rating. Can anybody tell me if this series is going anywhere right now? i started off at chapt 1 and dropped it immediately.

FakeHero

FakeHero

Potato

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationReality, sadly...........
Sometimes I can´t understand people, how can you read all this other inferior manga after TWGOK? Unless someone can do it better is not worth your time to find something "alike".

This is a masterpiece, and is a masterpiece for a reason. There´s none harem manga on the same level as TWGOK.

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
yeah, because TWGOK sometimes ... or lately ... OFTEN taking a week break ...
so the reader probably need a bit something ALIKE ...
of course if you don't want to read it, it's your own choice ...

I won't accuse Keima as pedo ... since he almost get raped by loli instead ... =3= ...
I just said that all this Keima ALIKE (not EXACT SAME)... minus pedo trait ...
except in Denpa Kyoushi and few other manga ...

I really have no idea how it got such a high rating. Can anybody tell me if this series is going anywhere right now? i started off at chapt 1 and dropped it immediately.

which one ?... "TWGOK" or "Boku to Kanojo no Renai Mokuroku" ?
1st chapter seems a bit bland ... but latter the plot getting thicker and the plot speed like crazy ...

Edited by yariel, 05 January 2013 - 11:32 AM.

Nevermind

Nevermind

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSovngard
"Boku to Kanojo no Renai Mokuroku" is surely worth reading, thanks yariel.

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
hmm ... there's massive update over here and there ...
but I can't find more manga that "alike" with TWGOK ...

alike character shape then ...
in Acchi Kocchi the MC (Io) looks a bit like Katsuragi Keima ...
well, not really alike in personality (for being otaku) but it's fun to see him ...
this series is a gentle one and it's VERY CUTE ... the most cute anime I have ever seen ...
even the manga is cute too ... (the drawing in early is kinda lack tough ... up to the point being bad ...)
nevertheless ... the manga still cute ...

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

another hint about alike ... not MC tough ...
in To Love Ru Darkness, Momo starting to play galge or eroge to plan the harem ...
so she can "capture" girls for Rito's harem ...

hmm, I notice the view increased quite a lot ...
but ... sorry for not able to give more "alike" title ...
I hope someone help me in this matter ...

oh yeah, Merry Christmas 2012 and Happy New Year 2013 for everyone ...

Edit :
Rulia-nya!!

Batoto Comment :

Rulia-nya!! is a 4-koma series about a foreign exchange student Rulia and her everyday life with her classmates.

Personal Comment :
about otaku MC ... girl ... and gaijin ...
well, since the setting is like that and ...
14brf3l.jpg
it's 4koma, you should already guess how much chaotic this manga ... =3= ...

Edited by yariel, 09 May 2014 - 04:25 PM.

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Manga Link for Batoto reader ...
Date A Live (Older Version)

Batoto Description :

April 10th. Yesterday was the last day of spring vacation, so starting this morning it was a school day. After being woken up by his cute little sister, Itsuka Shidou believed that it would be the start of another normal day. As for predicting the chance meeting with the girl who called herself a spirit......

Along with a sudden shockwave, the townscape vanished without a trace. In a corner of the street which had now become a crater, the girl was there.

"—You, have you come to kill me too?"

She is the disaster that will destroy humanity, a monster of unknown origin, and a being rejected by the world. There are only two ways to stop this girl: annihilation, and conversation. His little sister Kotori, wrapped in a military uniform, thus said to Shidou: "Since it's like this, just go date her, and make the spirit fall for you!" "Wh.. whaaaaaaaat!?" Enter a new age of boy meets girl!!

Personal Comment :
another manga that alike ...
well ... not alike (since MC is not otaku by all means) ...
but ... you will seriously hope MC have at least 10% from "god" ability ...

the manga name is "Date A Live" ... it's hard to explain in word but ...
for peace sake MC must date super girl existence (Spirit) ...
the world keep fighting and killing that Spirit but one organization expect to make a "peace" solution ...
(MC also hate them killing live, thus he try this "Date A Live" plan)

to date her ... however there's tons of obstacle in this plan ...
there's super power "she the ultimate weapon" to fight Spirit ...
and guess what ... she will become a rival ... not to mention Spirit is not only one ...
there might be more rivalry and jealousy ...
the organization member is nearly idiot all the time ... (but sometimes might goes very capable)
most victim from explosion Spirit HATES that super power girl to the point want to kill her ... or MC ...
other organization want to monopolize her ... or MC ... or both ... or everything ...
etc

can MC did this near impossible task ?

and the way to do the date for making that girl fall in love to MC ? learn from galge ...
all "expert" is a nutcase for galge are (total fail) ...
to the point you expect Katsuragi Keima enter this manga world ...
but if that happen, probably this manga will end within 1 chapter ... =3= ...
so probably 10% ability from "god" should be enough ...

Spoiler

Media as in : Manga (series and 4koma), Novel ... moreover ...

NOTE I :

this manga translation have been stuck for several month ...

NOTE II :

THE MANGA ABRUPTLY ENDED BECAUSE BAD HEALTH FROM MANGAKA !!!

NOTE III :

THE ANIME HAS BEEN AIRED, AND THE SUBS VERSION ALREADY EXIST !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkA5J1zIIT8

NOTE IV :

THE ANIME HAS FINISHED, THERE'S PLAN FOR OVA AND SECOND SEASON !!!

NOTE V :

SECOND SEASON ANIME HAS STARTED 2014 !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDZo6qm0qF0

NOTE VI :

THE MANGA GET REMAKE SINCE THE PREVIOUS MANGAKA SICK ...

UNFORTUNATELY NO ONE HAVE TRANSLATE IT YET AND NOT YET BEING HOSTED IN BATOTO ...

Edited by yariel, 09 May 2014 - 04:23 PM.

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara

Batoto Description :

Hatate Souta, a young man who can see the "flags" that stand at the crossroads of life, transferred to “Hatagaya Academy”, a prestigious school in the metropolitan area. Not only does he meet beautiful girls in his busy school life, he even goes as far as living with them under the same roof! Surrounded by these flags, this enviable romantic comedy begins!

Personal Comment :
this one is quite unique ... MC by all means not an otaku ...
but MC capable to see "FLAG" like the flag in galge or eroge ...
(death flag, love flag, sleepover flag, etc ...)
and he seems capable to manipulate the flag ...
avoiding death, breaking love, etc)
he somehow anti social type and often breaking any friendship and love flag toward him ..
but one day a girl notice his strange ability and told not breaking flag all over ...
what he will do ? not to mention he being put in 1 place with bunch of girl ...
(of course he will do his best avoiding any love flag ... but can he avoid the impending harem flag ?)

Spoiler

Media : Manga, Novel, ANIME
2hf875v.jpg

not only death flag need to be avoided ... this one also need to be avoided at all cost ... *ouch*

Spoiler

NOTE I :

THE ANIME SEASON 1 ALREADY END, AIRED IN 2014 !!!

NOTE II :

THE ANIME ALREADY AIRED ... IT DON'T GIVE MUCH IMPRESSION TO ME ...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1gec7o_kanojo-ga-flag-o-oraretara-pv_shortfilms

Edited by yariel, 09 October 2014 - 02:51 PM.

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Renai Shimasen ka?

2qn8pw4.jpg

Batoto Description :

Fuwa Rito is an otaku wasting his time in a gal game appreciation circle. Ruri is a childhood friend who has a crush on him and is worried about his otaku ways. Trying to find out who he likes, she setups a group dating between her friends and the guys of this circle in a Maid Cafe. What she doesn't know is that certain big chested maid is about to enter the game!

Personal Comment :

This is a DRAMA type ... which I don't quite fond of ...
moreover, it's seems mangaka ditch MC trait as otaku quite early ... which is suck ...
but if you want to try reading it ... have fun ...

Imouto LoveRu

15qxbh1.jpg

Batoto Description :

What would you wish for if you could make a single wish? Sakura Yamato, an anti-social genius, knows his ideal wish. When at home, as he lives alone, he spends most of his time with his little sister collection, fawning over anything little sister related. Other than them, his only other conversation companion is a stuffed rabbit memento of his long deceased older sister. But one day, the rabbit starts speaking out of nowhere, and claims its feeling for Yamato won't lose to anyone else. After transforming into a woman with rabbit ears, she states she is his sister, coming from Heaven to give him a single wish from God.

Personal Comment  :

(yeah, a bit slag pun from To Love Ru Trouble ... )
The MC in this manga is kinda like otaku ... not a full whole but he is imouto maniac ...
(partial lolicon perhaps ? lolz ...)
and yeah, like Katsuragi Keima, he have SMART brain ...
but his imouto maniac trait probably being caused by his big sister death at past ...

now his sister back at the doll she was left behind when she was death ...
his sister said will grant his wish if he give his virginity to her ... (bro-con pervert sister, YEA~~H)
of course he refused, and since he think it's a delusion he want a galge perfect imouto ...
what in the store of his crazy live ?

Spoiler

have ... err ... "fun" ... :lol:

Edited by yariel, 09 May 2014 - 04:19 PM.

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Tonari no Kashiwagi-san

25iug7c.jpg

Batoto Description :
A guy named Yuuto (an otaku) is interested in a web artist known as "Sayane." Recently a girl at school named Kashiwagi Kotone over-heard a conversation about Yuuto liking the web art of Sayane; but it turns out the Sayane is Kashiwagi!?! Yuuto hasn't figured that out yet... but he got a job at his favorite anime shop and caught Kashiwagi in that anime shop...

Personal Comment :
this is more into drama and romance ...

Edited by yariel, 09 May 2014 - 03:42 PM.

SidL

SidL

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 570 posts
You need to edit your last posts more =_= !

=[/size]" or "Boku to Kanojo no Renai Mokuroku" ? 1st chapter seems a bit bland ... but latter the plot getting thicker and the plot speed like crazy ...

I enjoy judging mangas by their thumbnails somtimes, and after i gave Kanojo no Renai Mokuroku a try, I knew that it wasn't a manga suit for me. Having the MC in the corner and 3 hot chicks in the front with 10 times the size than him says alot about the manga itself.
I read recommendations on these mangas before, but i always find that the best way to find out if its to your liking is by reading it. I did. And i moved on.

I

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
sorry if it's confusing ...
I only copy paste from the manga description ...
(not really enjoy the drama type, so I kinda lazy to put my own opinion at it) ...

and about Boku to Kanojo no Renai Mokuroku ... it's your choice ... really ...
I'm only suggesting it ... and it's have more than 2200+ follow, so I think it's commonly being said as "good" ...
at least by average reader ...

like I said, I only give suggestion about manga which "alike" in here ...
not forcing any of you to read it or follow it ...
(and even I, myself don't like some which I mention above ... I just try to find most of it and mention in this thread ...)

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Ore ga Heroine o Tasukesugite Sekai ga Little Mokushiroku!?
this MC is not an otaku ... but he is the "hero" ... literally ...
and because of MASS trouble, task, mission, etc ... latter he will become quite devious and mastering plan ...
thus he become somewhat like Katsuragi Keima ... (devious and able to use whatever in disposition part)
he must save the heroine from all place ... (place as in different dimension, time, planet)
each of this setting called as "tale" ...
it's because his bloodline ... as hero which in family ...

of course, he will says he overwhelmed, don't want additional trouble, already have enough task, etc ...
however if he don't do that, the heroine in that "tale" might get misfortune or death ...
not to mention the planet, dimension the "tale" might get destroyed or face mass misfortune and death ...

get note, all heroine he save will fall in love to him ...
(obviously, since he save their demise from death and cruel fate)
and ... as you guess it ... harem trouble ... =3= ...

there's AI from future (shouta) named Kickside ...
and his mission is to prevent world destruction because MC ...
"War of Everything" ...
as in ALL heroines that fall in love with MC making big mass war dimensionally ...
to obtain MC ... yeah, the world get destroyed because harem jealousy ... =x= ...
so the more he help girl from other world, the closer that big war latter ...

Doomsday by FAIL harem flag ?

Spoiler

Media : Manga ... haven't found novel ... and there's a bit rumor about anime project, but I doubt it ...

NOTE :
* the manga project on translation is kinda slow, could someone help them ?
* most little girl in this manga looks grown up and have rack ...
so only certain reader might "enjoy" this manga ...

Spoiler

EDIT :

THE MANGA IS "FINISHED" AT VOL 05 TANKUBON ... HOWEVER THE STORY STILL UNFINISHED ...

SEEMS ANOTHER MANGA WHICH PROMOTING LN ... *SIGH*

4v4oxj.jpg

Edited by yariel, 09 May 2014 - 03:49 PM.