Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

p3pe

p3pe

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 389 posts
  • LocationChurabhaya
Well, as this part is still ongoing, should there something like latest chapter discussion? B)
For starter, who's stand user of the biker (ch.14-15)?

My avatar is taken from this pixiv user: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=35996065 ♥

MrFeatherFang

MrFeatherFang

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts
Well now Ch 17 is out. We know that stand user is the Higashikata household's maid (her name as of now is Nijimura The Housekeeper?). We also know she is Kira Yoshikage's sister and Holly Joestar's daughter... and that Josuke is Kira Yoshikage... or at least a fusion of Yoshikage and Josuke.
I didn't have a clue what was going on with Yasuho, but I really do wonder her importance in this arc.
Lots of mysteries and still a great read! Can't wait for the next release, episodes for Part II anime and the new PS3 game!

paraquat

paraquat

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationCashin a keg of Natty Ice with Fratmaster Urek "The Man"zino
I have a theory after reaching Chapter 18 that Joshuu is a stand user. He didn't actually use the word "stand," but he seems to recognize that stepping on the gingko leaves was the trigger for the stand's attack, and I don't think a "normal" person would grasp that right away.

I'm really liking this arc. It's a whole new direction for Araki. Parts of it remind me of part 4, of course, but it also seems a bit more sinister than part 4 did, I'm always on the edge of my seat when I read these new chapters. Too bad the next one will be delayed...I really want to see how Gappy and Joshuu will get out of this one.

"Koichi really steals! No dignity!" - Jusuke Josder

modernmadnesss

modernmadnesss

Potato

• Members
  • 112 posts

So Joshuu has a stand now! Pretty sick design if I might add! It seems to work like Sticky Fingers but I hope it's a little different. When the thug's hand fell off, his wrists turned into what looked like puzzle pieces that fit the screw... I hope there's some kind of secondary ability that'll change up how Joshuu fights...

Also Yasuho still doesn't realize she has a stand or that it's what's giving her locations on her phone. I think it's interesting that her phone works with the stand. I don't remember a stand before that worked directly with technology except for maybe Sex Pistols, but that's not what I had in mind.

MrFeatherFang

MrFeatherFang

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts

Ch. 21

So it seems Joshuu's stand is close ranged? In terms of him touching something and when he goes away, pieces that his stand go back (albeit randomly I suppose since the guy's left and right hand switched).
Now what sort of disease did Rina contract? I wonder... Her face looked like she has some weird protrusions on her... When Jonny died, Rina was considered a suspect although I don't recall her status in the earlier chapters, but I'll assume she is alive. Things are gettin' good!
edit: reread some parts, Rina is like 4 generations off from the one named Yoshikage (she'd have to be over 100 by the time he was born)

Edited by MrFeatherFang, 28 May 2013 - 11:27 AM.

dfman

dfman

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Wouldn't it be cool it Kira actually fused with the corpse of Johnny Joestar. 

redphoenyx

redphoenyx

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

So Joshuu has a stand now! Pretty sick design if I might add! It seems to work like Sticky Fingers but I hope it's a little different. When the thug's hand fell off, his wrists turned into what looked like puzzle pieces that fit the screw... I hope there's some kind of secondary ability that'll change up how Joshuu fights...

Also Yasuho still doesn't realize she has a stand or that it's what's giving her locations on her phone. I think it's interesting that her phone works with the stand. I don't remember a stand before that worked directly with technology except for maybe Sex Pistols, but that's not what I had in mind.

i have just remmember few stands that worked with technology: high priestess from part 3 and Baby face from vento aureo.

roronoapedro

roronoapedro

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Chapter 39.

I think the story might actually be starting with this chapter. What the hell was up with that fruit? It seems to work with trades. Maybe it's a Stand of sorts, like Sugar Mountain? 

paraquat

paraquat

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 238 posts

Chapter 39.

I think the story might actually be starting with this chapter. What the hell was up with that fruit? It seems to work with trades. Maybe it's a Stand of sorts, like Sugar Mountain? 

I think the fruit's not a stand in and of itself - it seems to operate the same way as the corpse from SBR. Maybe the tree grows on Johnny's grave since he was affected by it...or baseball stadium manager guy's actually using Johnny's corpse as fertilizer.

Bill Dwer

Bill Dwer

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in my mind

I think the fruit's not a stand in and of itself - it seems to operate the same way as the corpse from SBR. Maybe the tree grows on Johnny's grave since he was affected by it...or baseball stadium manager guy's actually using Johnny's corpse as fertilizer.

I don't think it's corpse itself, but using Jonny's grave is possible. However, if it's so, why nobody haven't noticed it yet? Anyway, there is definitely the link between the fruit and Jesus
What about the 42 chapter, I'm quite worried about Josuke. He is in difficult situation now. May be the only thing they all need is to speak openly? I hope the misunderstamding between them would go away. 

Edited by Bill Dwer, 06 May 2015 - 07:11 PM.

When people run in circles it's a very very mad world...

paraquat

paraquat

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 238 posts

I don't think it's corpse itself, but using Jonny's grave is possible. However, if it's so, why nobody haven't noticed it yet? Anyway, there is definitely the link between the fruit and Jesus
What about the 42 chapter, I'm quite worried about Josuke. He is in difficult situation now. May be the only thing they all need is to speak openly? I hope the misunderstamding between them would go away. 

I agree about Josuke needing to powwow with Joubin. If Joubin is absolutely on their side (as I recall, Origami Kid sez something to that effect in the latest ch) then it shouldn't be a problem. Otherwise though it seems like there's no way out of Josuke's situation except to fight.

elixer

elixer

Potato

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Locationkanyetothe best girl

This chapter was lit. Really makes up for the last 2-3 months that felt like they were dragging on. I like how Paisley Park seems like a fighting stand too, hopefully that somehow puts handicap on how much 'fortune telling' ,or w/e the options it gives are called, can be given. Like if the stand is fighting/out then yasuhoe can't use her options, even if she has a cellphone. Otherwise, PP is kinda OP., ignoring the fact that it doesn't always give her options when she needs them (like in the last chapter), it could essentially solve every problem she gets into and or give her a way to escape....

LEMME SEE

HOW YOU GON' TREAT ME!

I AINT NO EASY

BETTER THINK ABOUT IT TWICE!!!

Bill Dwer

Bill Dwer

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

The 43 chapter is pretty interesting, i think. This woman is like Yukako, isn't she? Quite annoying. And that scene of Josuke and Yasuho meeting was so cuuute <3 It's definitely my OTP. Now it's obvious that these stonemen are the same as pillarmen from the second part.  And Josuke hasn't solved his problems with Joubin yet. 

Edited by Bill Dwer, 23 May 2015 - 06:52 PM.

elixer

elixer

Potato

• Members
  • 127 posts

So in this episode (43) of Who Am I And Why Dont I Recognize Good Booty:

- Koichi 2.0 aka Better And Smarter Koichi smooches Residential Cutie Yasuh♡
- they investigate the lesser pillarman aka Sockhead aka RIP Magenta Magenta 2.0
- gappy fails to recognize good booty ONCE AGAIN
- Smartest Koichi has a plan to find out where everyone gets the Jesus Fruit
- A hot babe named K-something is like the jailbait kid in Gappy's new house, only instead of reaping and manipulating people for Gappy's affections she does it for money
- Lesser Josuke aka now José fails to realise K-something is good booty
- [Too Be Continued=>

wtf did i write over a year ago?

Edited by elixer, 29 October 2016 - 01:37 AM.

LEMME SEE

HOW YOU GON' TREAT ME!

I AINT NO EASY

Gappy

Gappy

Potato

• Contributor
  • 178 posts
  • LocationSouth American Jungle - Brazil

I just want some answers. Please, Araki.

jqpyyw.png

"Yes, I'm a professional. I've been in three plane accidents, and survived them all."

Spoiler

modernmadnesss

modernmadnesss

Potato

• Members
  • 112 posts

Josuke is now confirmed to actually be Josefumi, Secchan being a nickname for that. Having the last name Kuujou and the "Jou" in his name with the same character as Part 4 Josuke's makes it seem confirmed that he incarnates both Jotaro and Josuke in this universe, since the person in the sailor outfit in the photograph is said to be Kira by Josuke's monologue. This makes sense to me, since in SBR Johnny had traits of both Jonathan and Joseph, and his relationship with Gyro was much closer to Joseph's with Caesar. Karera knows that Josefumi has a goal, and it might be similar to her's since the soccer twins are pursuing her, AND they happen to be rock men. This is raising more questions, but now we know it's much clearer that Kira might have known Joubin and Yagiyama, and that Kira's faction (maybe or maybe not including Josefumi and Karera, since they seemed to be friends but Karera seemed apprehensive about Secchan's dressing like him) were against the rock people. Yagiyama wanted to kill Kira, and the soccer twins are going after Karera. The different plotlines are beginning to converge!!!!! I'm excited for the direction the story is beginning to take :D

Bill Dwer

Bill Dwer

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

I had expected Josuke to look different un the past, but this Josefuni was absolutely unexpectable for me. The 44 chapter gave us some unswers, but it caused more questions, as well. 

FaeQueenCory

FaeQueenCory

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Josuke is now confirmed to actually be Josefumi, Secchan being a nickname for that. Having the last name Kuujou and the "Jou" in his name with the same character as Part 4 Josuke's makes it seem confirmed that he incarnates both Jotaro and Josuke in this universe, since the person in the sailor outfit in the photograph is said to be Kira by Josuke's monologue. This makes sense to me, since in SBR Johnny had traits of both Jonathan and Joseph, and his relationship with Gyro was much closer to Joseph's with Caesar. Karera knows that Josefumi has a goal, and it might be similar to her's since the soccer twins are pursuing her, AND they happen to be rock men. This is raising more questions, but now we know it's much clearer that Kira might have known Joubin and Yagiyama, and that Kira's faction (maybe or maybe not including Josefumi and Karera, since they seemed to be friends but Karera seemed apprehensive about Secchan's dressing like him) were against the rock people. Yagiyama wanted to kill Kira, and the soccer twins are going after Karera. The different plotlines are beginning to converge!!!!! I'm excited for the direction the story is beginning to take :D

It also makes sense when you realize that (part) 8 = 2 x 4.

:D

I'm more interested in these new Rockmen.

Are they the Cars and ACDC?

Joubin fits more with being ACDC in that his Stand is like ACDC's Mode, and given his relation to the Rockmen.

But these two... hopefully the "ball" one (who would be ACDC I'd wager) says something next time.

Wham's Wind Mode Divine Sandstorm became an Automatic Stand... it'll be interesting to see the other Mode's new Stand forms....

(Though I'm betting this elder brother is Cars, what with the body manipulation.)

Edited by FaeQueenCory, 28 June 2015 - 02:18 PM.

modernmadnesss

modernmadnesss

Potato

• Members
  • 112 posts

It also makes sense when you realize that (part) 8 = 2 x 4.

:D

I'm more interested in these new Rockmen.

Are they the Cars and ACDC?

Joubin fits more with being ACDC in that his Stand is like ACDC's Mode, and given his relation to the Rockmen.

But these two... hopefully the "ball" one (who would be ACDC I'd wager) says something next time.

Wham's Wind Mode Divine Sandstorm became an Automatic Stand... it'll be interesting to see the other Mode's new Stand forms....

(Though I'm betting this elder brother is Cars, what with the body manipulation.)

Yup! I remember seeing speculation that Karera would be Kars because of her name (lol) but it's fairly obvious she's more parallel to Yukako. I agree with the Pillar Men parallels, but what I'm apprehensive about is whether or not there are more, because besides Joubin, they all have "yama" in their name, which means mountain, and they're all also named from parts of Sendai in Japan, or where Morioh is based off if I remember correctly. I don't know if there are more, because it seems that one way or another they're involved with the fruit and may or may have had their powers since before the earthquake--also, the fact that an EARTHquake happened when there are these "rock' people... were they the catalyst? I think the mystery is going to head in the direction of how the fruit, earthquake, rock people are all connected and Kira figured it out, which is why he was found dead and Josefumi was almost dead alongside him...

elixer

elixer

Potato

• Members
  • 127 posts
Okay wow!! I can't believe there hasn't been a post/recap since june!! Since I just read the latest chapter, let me fill in what happened for the discussion:

Everyone is dead.

No but seriously everyone died and we dont know why. I'll edit in more details in like... when I uh....on the weekend. I'ts too early/late so I will sleep for now!!

LEMME SEE

HOW YOU GON' TREAT ME!

I AINT NO EASY