Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

When people shoot beams... at least wait a little longer to decide

Foolishly Predisposed or not?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

LockONN

LockONN

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
When people start to start shooting visible beams that glow and light up the place it becomes an amazing sight to see. It's great when people decide to write a story where they place priority on portraying solely on what they want to tell from beginning to end. It's mostly decided by others deciding how and what a story is known by when the production and marketing people place a finished work into categories of genre. After this when a story is read by others and receives both sides of criticism. when people have mostly what they can compare it with as a means to judge by usually genre can have a lot to do with this, and sometimes a storyteller only wanted to tell a story which ended up falling toward favoring elements of one genre more closely I can't say that whoever telling a story decided to write a science genre work and then started to go about thinking up one, but it should be mostly that when going about the creative process there shouldn't be any worry over the type of story as far as genre goes. doing that only places constraint on the thought process that chains the story or work that is yours to tell. If there's a need to worry over the type of work you produce let it be a good type if you want or a bad type depending on what you like or want to do. A lot of people avoid things that don't concern their preference, but it's only when you've actually read or seen a lot of everything that if you were to, will you have something to consider what your preference is. Aside from the authors and artists this only concerns those involved in production and marketing. People can sometime think they know something before they learn they do, and instead of learning for themselves they make up their minds. If people are going to tell you anything before you read something it should be "read it" then they'll have both saved their breath and making the mistake of giving the wrong impression along with the possibility of discouraging a chance for a person to read something they may have ended up loving. Until you learn something from your own experience deciding what you think beforehand will only lead to a loss of experience which is the base for all knowledge and the many choices everyone makes in life.

Edited by LockONN, 28 October 2012 - 07:09 PM.

• JeD likes this

Meow Zorg

Meow Zorg

Potato

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationNapa, California
;tlder and grammar pls

To be honest i believe that fan service is terrible

Lowlightt

Lowlightt

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 48 posts

What did I just read?

KelpTheGreat

KelpTheGreat

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts

TL;DR, and besides that I have no clue what you're trying to say.

Leoh

Leoh

Potato

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUranus

When people start to start shooting visible beams that glow and light up the place it becomes an amazing sight to see.

Just this, and I already started feeling dizzy.

425q4sD.png

M o r s     R e g i s 

AdeptSlayer

AdeptSlayer

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Holy crap that was hard to read. Lesson one on how to write: break up your thoughts into  ideas you are trying to convey. These are called paragraphs. Then you further break up those ideas into individual arguments, points, or comments. These are called sentences. Just doing those two things alone will make your writing so much easier to read.

That being said, I think he is trying to say something like this:

"Good authors do not concern themselves with fitting into a specific genre when they create their stories/manga/books/whatever; they independently decide that they really want to tell a story containing x, y, and z in it. It is after the story is created that publishers and marketing departments swoop in to brand the work with whatever they think will sell best. 

So you should not write off Ruler of the Land merely because someone is shooting beams out of their hands; it is quite possible that the author merely wanted to add kamehameha's because they are awesome, and not because RotL is derivative drivel. Give it a little longer before you decide it's not worth reading."

Not that I strongly agree or disagree mind you, I haven't read RotL and merely stumbled on this page by accident. And while there are certainly some authors that seem to write whatever they think will be awesome rather than whatever is good for the genre, you can always tell that the authors are aware of the genre the work resides in.  For example, RalxGrad, Death Note and Bakuman are all very dissimilar stories, but you'd think if the author DGAF about genre there would have been nipples in RalxGrad. (Man was that manga boob obsessed!)

Leoh

Leoh

Potato

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUranus

Holy crap that was hard to read. Lesson one on how to write: break up your thoughts into  ideas you are trying to convey. These are called paragraphs. Then you further break up those ideas into individual arguments, points, or comments. These are called sentences. Just doing those two things alone will make your writing so much easier to read.

That being said, I think he is trying to say something like this:

"Good authors do not concern themselves with fitting into a specific genre when they create their stories/manga/books/whatever; they independently decide that they really want to tell a story containing x, y, and z in it. It is after the story is created that publishers and marketing departments swoop in to brand the work with whatever they think will sell best. 

So you should not write off Ruler of the Land merely because someone is shooting beams out of their hands; it is quite possible that the author merely wanted to add kamehameha's because they are awesome, and not because RotL is derivative drivel. Give it a little longer before you decide it's not worth reading."

Not that I strongly agree or disagree mind you, I haven't read RotL and merely stumbled on this page by accident. And while there are certainly some authors that seem to write whatever they think will be awesome rather than whatever is good for the genre, you can always tell that the authors are aware of the genre the work resides in.  For example, RalxGrad, Death Note and Bakuman are all very dissimilar stories, but you'd think if the author DGAF about genre there would have been nipples in RalxGrad. (Man was that manga boob obsessed!)

I think he used a translator though.

I also don't really agree or disagree, this manhwa has a good story, and it's not so generic. That itself is a big plus for me, if they want to imitate kamehameha's or whatever, then let them. It would be worse if they echo whole stories and really generic arcs.

425q4sD.png

M o r s     R e g i s 

geenius3ab

geenius3ab

Potato

• Members
  • 187 posts

this manhwa has a good story, and it's not so generic. That itself is a big plus for me, if they want to imitate kamehameha's or whatever, then let them. It would be worse if they echo whole stories and really generic arcs.

I don't understand what's so bad with kamehameha's? And how is it ontopic, cause the one who wrote this manhwa is doing far more than ''just kamehameha''. You can see swords flashing, people jumping, etc, so it isn't about 2 beams going against each other and the one who shoots the bigger beam wins.

I actually kept myself from reading this manhwa cause of the art. It didn't look interesting, and it looked like dynasty warriors in manga form. Thankfully I was completely wrong. This manga actually managed to have strong and interesting characters, kick-ass scenes (There were so many scenes where you felt like the characters were like complete badasses, like being ripped to shreds and still moving because they m*therf*cking CAN.), and cool fights. I've found myself to be extremely weak to characters who're monsters, and they don't usually take shit from others. I love such characters and I enjoy seeing how the main character will grow (Currently we know who the main characters father was, so we can pretty much imagine how far he'll go if he starts taking things seriously.)

NoxDancer

NoxDancer

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts

aaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahaha

oh wow

that was fun to read

pijoed

pijoed

Potato

• Members
  • 125 posts

Hard too find competitively simple but reali-fun-stic manhwa/manga like this. If you know what I mean.....