Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Poll: What will happen to Teo and Gandharva?

Poll Kubera

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

Poll: Teo and Gandharva (116 member(s) have cast votes)

What will happen to Teo and Gandharva? [multiple choice possible]

1. The seemingly obvious - they fall in love and become a couple (against all odds) (20 votes [9.26%])

Percentage of vote: 9.26%

2. The required murder - Gandharva kills Teo (13 votes [6.02%])

Percentage of vote: 6.02%

3. The sad ending - Gandharva tries to save Teo, but fails (37 votes [17.13%])

Percentage of vote: 17.13%

4. The good ending - Gandharva saves Teo, and..... (please specify) (11 votes [5.09%])

Percentage of vote: 5.09%

5. The unexpected sad ending - Teo kills Gandharva (or at least seriously injures him) (4 votes [1.85%])

Percentage of vote: 1.85%

6. The snake ending - Teo gets killed by Sagara or her troops (19 votes [8.80%])

Percentage of vote: 8.80%

7. The sneaky solution - Gandharva invites Teo out, drugs her (or enchants her with his charms), and brings her away from the Temple (20 votes [9.26%])

Percentage of vote: 9.26%

8. The hero ending - Teo dies while all the Sura attack Kalibloom (Gandharva may or may not try to save her, but fails) (11 votes [5.09%])

Percentage of vote: 5.09%

9. The miracle - At the last moment Teo says something that Shakuntala used to say, and Gandharva changes his plans, attacking Sagara instead (24 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

10. The insanity ending - Yuta turns insane near the Sword of Re, and kills Teo accidentally (5 votes [2.31%])

Percentage of vote: 2.31%

11. The Kubera ending - Either Leez or God Kubera mess around with the Earth Barrier, and the Chaos Barrier becomes unstable or useless (which leaves Teo and Gandharva out of the game) (13 votes [6.02%])

Percentage of vote: 6.02%

12. The Sword of Re ending - Leez, Yuta or Asha draw the Sword of Re, and the Chaos Barrier is off (Teo and Gandharva staying unaffected and alive) (25 votes [11.57%])

Percentage of vote: 11.57%

13. The no good ending - Teo dies for some other reason.... (please specify) (7 votes [3.24%])

Percentage of vote: 3.24%

14. Something entirely different.... (please specify) (7 votes [3.24%])

Percentage of vote: 3.24%

Vote Guests cannot vote

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

True.. I dont disagree with the actions being horrible, well I dont have time to elaborate this anymore since i g2g, ill try to remember coming back to this later

Fair enough, it's always good to talk things over, everybody's got their own take on things.

At times like this I always remember the sentence "There are no angels in hell" :huh: One could translate it as "There are no angels in the Sura Realm", simply because of how the things are over there. Which does not reduce the weight of murdering entire villages, but it is like the tale of the slum kid who grows up in hell, and ends up as a criminal in most cases :( When you are poor, have nowhere to go, and constantly fear for your life with no way to hide or rest, you do not have time or possibility to chose what happens next. This still does not excuse things or make someone less evil, but there is sadness and melancholy mixed in each judgement we make, considering how good or bad someone is I guess :( And that is probably the thing that Currygom wants to show in her manhwa (and one of the reasons why I like it so much)

Totally agree, it's that depth of character that makes this such an excellent work. I may consider Gandharva one of the villains of the story, but he's anything but two-dimensional and is certainly deserving of pity for the terrible position he's found himself in.

Tn7HA0h.png

Ichypa

Ichypa

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationWorshipping at the shrine of Trebor, The Hammer of Justice
A sign of good storytelling is sympathetic villains. Even if their actions revolt you, you can still understand why they do what they do. I mean, we're arguing about if Gandharva is a villian, but if anyone is a villain in this story, it is Sagara. She is the poster-witch for sleazy, manipulative, cruel, power hungry bitches. And I only say that because I don't want to use stronger words. And yet she is, in some way, sympathetic. She does what she does to avenge her king, she cares about whether or not her Rakshasa die, and she really did love Manasvin (she just loved power more)
First Ideal of the Knights Radiant:

Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

A sign of good storytelling is sympathetic villains. Even if their actions revolt you, you can still understand why they do what they do. I mean, we're arguing about if Gandharva is a villian, but if anyone is a villain in this story, it is Sagara. She is the poster-witch for sleazy, manipulative, cruel, power hungry bitches. And I only say that because I don't want to use stronger words. And yet she is, in some way, sympathetic. She does what she does to avenge her king, she cares about whether or not her Rakshasa die, and she really did love Manasvin (she just loved power more)

Nahhh, not arguing, just a good conversation hopefully. I can feel regret, pity and concern for the character (people too) and I perhaps still be unwilling to give across-the-board forgiveness to them for their misdeeds, considering them a villain no matter their reasons. Gandharva fits into that category. And though I don't think it'll happen story-wise, I hope Teo takes him all the way out.

And that's what makes Sagara sooooo cool......villain that she is though. There's plenty of villains to go around in this one, and probably some we don't realize are villains yet too.

Edited by svines85, 01 November 2012 - 01:14 AM.

Tn7HA0h.png

smallman

smallman

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
You are right when it comes to the idea of sympathy for villains, but in the end no one is a villain in their own mind we only see one perspective in most stories but in this one you truly see that everything is just shades of grey in.

Knowledge is power-Francis Bacon

Ichypa

Ichypa

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,154 posts
I didn't mean arguing as in fighting...perhaps debating would be a better word.
Yeah, I hope Teo helps Gandharva redeem himself too.

Life before death
Strength before weakness

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany ** Not a German, just a poor Half refugee living in hiding **
Finally we see some development, the "Sad Ending" and the "Sword of Re Ending" seem to gain more and more support :huh: I also think even if there would be some romance in the air, there is simply not enough time left, the Sura are already waiting in front of Kalibloom. But first of all Leez and Asha (and maybe Yuta too?) want to visit the Temple of Earth. Yet Leez will keep wearing that bracelet a long time (as seen in all future visions).. And then there is the completely indifferent, and maybe most evil of all, God Kubera, who knows all of that, and just pushes and pulls the Sura and Leez around as he pleases :huh: What the hell is HIS goal in the end???? :blink: He lets the Sura "search" for Leez, while perfectly knowing where and who she is, he manipulates Gandharva (for which reason??), he manipulates Sagara, he manipulates Leez as well, and lets her have the bracelet, and shows how it is used :blink: Does he simply wish to wage war without end, out of sheer boredom? If it would be out of revenge, he would have plenty of other means to kill and crush whomever he wanted...

Edited by Goobera, 01 November 2012 - 06:30 PM.

Supporting the Kubera Wiki: kubera.wikia.com/wiki/User:Goobera

Spoiler

Ichypa

Ichypa

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,154 posts
They have plenty of time. Sagara and the others can't do shit until Gandharva deals with Teo. He can take however long he damn well pleases, since he is apparently the only one capable of pulling this off. They have little choice but to cool their heels until he does something.

Besides, I don't think they expected the Chaos priestess to be one of the most powerful humans on Willrarv. Gandharva's gonna take this nice and slow so that he can succeed in his mission instead of getting skewered.

Life before death
Strength before weakness

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany ** Not a German, just a poor Half refugee living in hiding **
Ahh, only a few hours left until the next chapter release :batoto_032:

If there is no Teo and Gandharva developemnt again, I will maybe, just maybe, get a little aggressive :mad: <_< :lol:

Spoiler

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts
I'm waiting too. :\ Did you get aggressive?

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
Rather tired <_< But who knows, maybe this means the Sword of Re ending has the highest probability, so Teo and Gandharva do not appear because Leez or Yuta or Asha will draw the sword soon, and then everything turns completely different from before :lol: Or Earth Temple ending, Leez is supposed to visit the Earth Temple next in the story line, so who knows what happens there.. That would at least make Mizura happy, since she did not want any love story where Gandharva gets Teo :lol:

Spoiler

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

That would at least make Mizura happy, since she did not want any love story where Gandharva gets Teo :lol:

Only because I think he'll make her miserable. O.o;; Unless Shakuntala is really dead (which isn't a happy outcome either, c'mon), Gandharva will be spending his time fawning over his daughter, and by the time he decides to spend some time with Teo, she'd be dead of old age. o,o And where would they be living? In the gloomy Sura realm? D':

It reminds me of a fancomic in the KuCa, where Tak decides to take a nap, only to wake up and see that Ian died of old age already...

And I'm Still worried that he'll get Teo killed, nooooo!

If Shakuntala Is dead, Gandharva will spend the next century or so crying, while Teo has to console him. By the time he feels better, she'd be dead of old age too. >.>;;

Edited by Mizura, 09 November 2012 - 03:02 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts

It reminds me of a fancomic in the KuCa, where Tak decides to take a nap, only to wake up and see that Ian died of old age already...

:blink: :( That sounds bad, you are right. A Nastika King and a Quarter is a bad pairing, but it did happen (see Ran's grandparents), and Agni pairing up with a mortal, short living human is even worse then :( It did seem like Tao is attracted to Gandharva, and he was kind of moved as well, so that's why I made it one of the choices.. It was this kind of reaction (approximately):

Gandharva: Oh, I see, so that's how it is. You are a top fighter and not scared of strange men (gives her his Mr.Charming smile)
Teo: :blink: :wub: (turns away quickly, slapping her cheeks)

Another situation (approximately):

Teo: So my parents stranded in the Sura Realm during the Cataclysm, and then the Realms were separated. I have been searching for them since then.. (turns around sadly)
Gandharva: :blink: :huh: :huh: :huh: (wait, that's like me and Shakuntala? huh?)

Spoiler

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
It didn't end well with Ran's grandparents either. T___T
Poor little Hana remembers so little of her mother that she doesn't even believe that her mother is a Nastika. T___T

... and then she got Killed while trying to kill her own son! Children of Nastika x Human pairings don't have rosy outcomes either. T___T

And Ian (probably) went to HELL!!! XP

Edited by Mizura, 09 November 2012 - 04:47 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts

And Ian (probably) went to HELL!!! XP

That's probably the worst part. Teo would have to go to hell too if she fell for Gandharva :( Would she deserve it? Of course NOT One should rather hope for Riche Seiran falling in love with a Sura King, since she would actually deserve the hell treatment :lol:

Edited by Goobera, 09 November 2012 - 05:17 AM.

Spoiler

Boredoom

Boredoom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSweden or in the tree at 136th floor in ToG eating popcorns with God Kubera
OOoohh nono

Ruche falls for a Nastika->Unrequited love->in hell.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Proud Member of Kubera Wiki

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
Yeah right <_< That plan was not going to work, I should have known. Like Nastika-corpses-on-sale and who-cares-if-the-Half-dies Riche Seiran would ever fall in love with a Sura <_< The only guy she would probably go for would be I-make-gold-and-jewels-out-of-thin-air God Kubera :lol:

Spoiler

fiveseconds

fiveseconds

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 228 posts
Was Hana killed in the first place? I don't remember the Webcomic stating she's dead.

Boredoom

Boredoom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSweden or in the tree at 136th floor in ToG eating popcorns with God Kubera

Yeah right <_< That plan was not going to work, I should have known. Like Nastika-corpses-on-sale and who-cares-if-the-Half-dies Riche Seiran would ever fall in love with a Sura <_< The only guy she would probably go for would be I-make-gold-and-jewels-out-of-thin-air God Kubera :lol:

That, and he would probably show the face he does to all others, might as well be emotionless painting xD.

Unless Ruche is like Riche with faces. OMG poor good-looking nastikas x.x RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! Or just blow her to smithereens.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Proud Member of Kubera Wiki

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
It seems like this poll will serve a purpose for a loooong time <_< :lol: Any new theories out there :lol:?
I am now for something like "Asha, Leez, Yuta and Ran leave for Eloth, and all Sura are after them, leaving Kalibloom, so Gandharva has some private time with Teo" :D

Spoiler

YellowKingValley

YellowKingValley

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 221 posts
I think he's playing delaying tactics. I don't think we will be seeing much of them until the end of Earth Temple part, until the Month of Chaos.