Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[SPOILERS] Current Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato
I've got to say I really like this manga, a lot. It's different and a little dark with the MC being an underachiever, but the story really draws you into it as you watch his futile efforts at romance. Thanks a lot to Village Idiot Scans and Supreme Cream Scans for their work on this manga.

It's listed as 4.5 volumes complete so I hope there's time for our hero(?) to turn in a winning romantic effort before it's over, and that everyone will take this opportunity to discuss this really enjoyable story.

Tn7HA0h.png

rion134

rion134

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
if you actually look at the raws....
Spoiler

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
Ahhh, could be, of course for me it can be really tough to interpret not just exactly what's going on, but also the tone and nuances of what's happening without being able to read the dialogue.

It also seems like there was some discussion about this title and, I can't remember now, it was a live action movie or maybe an LN, that had already been made. So some people might have more of an idea of where the story goes from here.

Tn7HA0h.png

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts

I only hope that, in the future, he does end up with Hayashida.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Great new chapter, yeah, maybe he does have a chance with her........she's easily the character I like the most of his female friends. Not that they all had something wrong with them or were obviously (well, trashy as hell like the one) but still, I like her best of the bunch. 

And a big positive the chapter seemed to end on, I hope it carries over.........

Tn7HA0h.png

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts

I'm not even fazed that she has a child. I still want him to end up with her.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I'm not even fazed that she has a child. I still want him to end up with her.

Can't say I disagree with you, I mean we'll have to see now that he's going back home to Tokyo and leaving her behind, but yeah, she did tell him to stay in touch ............plus I don't think he was fazed about her having a child either. I mean, at his age.........well, I'd say it's not something that'd be to out of line for him to expect from potential romantic targets. 

He actually seemed to take to it and even made a move on Hayashida when they parted..........a pretty restrained one, but still, a move is a move, especially when she's standing there telling him she doesn't even see him as a man.   >_<

Tn7HA0h.png

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts

I think Hayashida knows he isn't ready for what she has to offer him. It would probably be a lot more simpler if she didn't have a child, but she also has to take into account whom her child could call a father. As of this moment, I feel Hayashida really does like him, but unlike the other girls, she has valid reasons for not jumping into a relationship with him.

Until he changes himself for the better, the two of them together will be nothing more than a dream.

My one wish is that they do end up in the long run though. I think she's good for him.

supamoogle5

supamoogle5

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts

Spoiler

Edited by supamoogle5, 26 April 2013 - 08:51 AM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

^^ You know, I don't hate our MC..........not to get into all the particulars, but I find him to be an "common man" kind of character. He's got hopes, dreams and desires, along with a lot of normal human insecurity and self-doubt. Right now I'm cool with him, he's a little tragic but not nearly all of that is his fault either. Time will tell though, I could be disappointed with him depending on how things go with his character. 

I agree with you about the art in this manga, and not just the women's depiction either. Personally I love the art entirely, every bit of it, especially the character's depictions. 

Edited by svines85, 26 April 2013 - 10:27 AM.

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Wow, is it just me or does life keep finding new ways to kick our MC in the teeth and make him feel even more inadequate? 

Tn7HA0h.png

Juan Gutierrez

Juan Gutierrez

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 36 posts

Looking ahead at the raws, one emotion you should feel.

rage.png

BrokenSword

BrokenSword

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

That moteki seems totaly illusionary by now. And yes life doesn't get tired to kick his ass...damn just as I hoped that things would finally go right for the MC. That last revelation was pretty harsh.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

That moteki seems totaly illusionary by now. And yes life doesn't get tired to kick his ass...damn just as I hoped that things would finally go right for the MC. That last revelation was pretty harsh.

yeah, not like he hadn't already been rejected by her, so it wasn't like the knife wasn't already sticking in.............seeing up close the guy she did actually give it up to (and him hardly being anything impressive) was like the knife being twisted around a little bit after the sting was actually starting to fade....... >_<

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Wow, I'm not sure who the sadder character is now, him or her.......

Tn7HA0h.png

Daruda

Daruda

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationItaly

This manga is so masochist, It's evil in a number of ways.
I'm happy that I'm not there to kick the ass of the MC. 

I'm totally for Hayashida...but I'm sure he'll screw everything. He's so smart...

Now Pixel artist
It's an awesome medium