Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Not just eye candy-Novel's awesome to

Madan no ou to Vanadis

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

noobarta

noobarta

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
Currently reading the novel spoilers in jcafe and Animesuki. The art's awesome but the ecchi stuff only comprises like 25% of the actual story. Most of it's made up of political secrets, large battles between armies, tactics, and a battle of ideals(ex:Tigre vs Rolan in volume 3)

So don't just a book by it's cover and actually give the story a shot. Just saying now though, volume 1 is more so laying the groundwork for the story, but there is a good battle at the end =)

Well...have at it!!

Synchrostar

Synchrostar

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
Machine-translated previews from vols. 1-5 have been up a few days now on baka-tsuki.
It's a pretty good novel, not many leave me this excited for the next volume~

Rebel Bonhart

Rebel Bonhart

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,444 posts
This novel shows its true colors in volume 3 (first 2 volumes were just an introduction) and continues to be awesome till 5th volume :P (for now) Gotta love how the ecchi doesn't get in the plot's way.

5B4rd3Q.gif

Oblivion0117

Oblivion0117

Potato

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • LocationUSA - East Coast
Yeah this is one of the few LN series where I literally can't wait for the next volume. The story is of a caliber that'll just keep dragging you in once you start (I literally read all 5 volumes nonstop).

Ricetaffy

Ricetaffy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Location岡山市 sounds nice

Would like just to make small comment on this but the machine translation's not as bad as what most newcomers to TL'd LN would think it'd be. The B-T volunteers do a good job of editing it. I know it's been a detractor, at least, for some people I know, but its not half bad. Infact I'd say it's on par or probably better than some human TL'ers after the editing process. At least by some TL'ers it is. NGNL's translation, for example, was a pain to read through.

Regardless, awesome read, and like mentioned above, big battles with drawn out tactics, politics, ideals, charismatic characters with deep personalities make it a very fun adventure read. And if you're fazed or bothered by fanservice, the light novel is rather tame. Still though, on the other hand if you do like Ellen and Mira and their fabulous bodies, the illustrations are pretty nice too. Along with the whole Tigre gropes breasts unconsciously in his sleep thing.

Owaranai

Owaranai

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Just finished volume 1 myself, and couldn't stop myself thinking about what's going to transpire next. 

Pretty damn awesome, the novels. The level of writing is quite good. Gives you the feeling that the writer puts a lot of thought into doing up the different battle scenarios and plot developments. The ecchi material is pretty nice as well, but doesn't overlay the entire story to take over what should be the real focus. 

Pretty sure if done right, the upcoming anime (if I recall correctly, it's in the works or something) will be quite a hit, especially the Vanadis and Tigre himself.