Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Viole's Title?

• Please log in to reply
310 replies to this topic

Hawk2276

Hawk2276

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
So... On the latest chapter it says that Wave Controllers are given the names of winds and waves.

That led me to question... What will Viole's title be?

Any ideas/predictions?

ThatBlueGuy

ThatBlueGuy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
The Dark Wind

MuleLove

MuleLove

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
Wind of change xD

Couch Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 3,043 posts
Hmm, pretty sure I've seen a thread like this, even commented in it, but for some reason couldn't find it....

Anyway, I suggest Nightgale.

The opinions expressed by this user are solely their own and do not express the views of Batoto and its staff.

PhoenixAUS

PhoenixAUS

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • LocationUnder a sakura tree with a blue sky and a cooling breeze, sleeping soundly
Hurricane Viole/Baam

Xagnam - My brother in KPOP

cheez

cheez

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
Rogue or Internal Wave would fit him.

Rern

Rern

Potato

• Members
  • 151 posts
Malevolent Burrasca

Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Russet Potato

• tC Donator
  • 487 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Freezing Wave, Mimic Wave, Paralysing Wave <--- My guesses.
Disclaimer: I'm often rude without realising it so try not to get too offended.

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront
I think it's too soon to say. Baam has been in the tower for 6 years, but we've vitnessed so little of it. Not everyone gets a sobriquet, Baam will sure get it, but from all I've seen and read, it is mandatory you become a Ranker before you get it.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

Xagnam

Xagnam

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 967 posts
  • LocationTartarus

I think it's too soon to say. Baam has been in the tower for 6 years, but we've vitnessed so little of it. Not everyone gets a sobriquet, Baam will sure get it, but from all I've seen and read, it is mandatory you become a Ranker before you get it.

He has to be of high ranker status too. Though him being an Irregular and all defeats that reasoning!

Edited by Xagnam, 10 October 2012 - 12:40 PM.

XrO2U3z.png

Let us connect our hearts into One.

mister_grimm

mister_grimm

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,418 posts
Sticking with his 25th Night, maybe something like Dark Storm or Nightwind or Night Breaker or..
Spoiler

So if a Mule Family member were a High Ranker Wave Controller would his sobriquet be
Spoiler

Sale Lisulov

Sale Lisulov

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
Something along the lines of Kingslayer ?

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront
Baam is a wave controller, there are no winds or waves called Kinglayers or 25th Night. 25th Baam/Night/Chestut is his name, it won't and can't be a sobriquet.
Sobriquets are determined by something specific to a person, or something that defines that person. It takes a lot of show, or one really big show, for someone to recieve a sobriquet that would adequetly fit.
Us quessing what Sobriquet Baam would/will get is same as a civilian knowing the outcome of the war the first day that war started. It's impossibe.
So, all the quessing you people do, will probably be negated in the next chapter Baam does something new, and then it will change again, and again, and again.
Now, what we know of Baam is "What Baam seems, Baam does.", if it's unique to him there is a chance of Baam recieving a sobriquet describing it. If he's not unique in this, he won't recieve a sobriquet about it.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

oxygen

oxygen

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts
To me, it's obvious that his sobriquet would be something to show he is able to instantly copy any technique at sight. I am unable to really find one but that seems to be the unique thing about Baam so far.

cheez

cheez

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
Undertow or Rip Current for Baam
Fitting with his calm personality, but explosive fighting style.

Lionfish for Yihwa
They're beautiful, but they'll sting both enemies and allies if they get too close.

Hagfish for Parakewl
Self explanatory

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

Hmm, pretty sure I've seen a thread like this, even commented in it, but for some reason couldn't find it....

Anyway, I suggest Nightgale.

I actually think it was in something (or things) that meandered around the topic, rather than being an actual thread. :) But, can't find it, either, as I haven't bothered to search both "sobriquet" and "nickname". :P

I think I remember Danurai going for Copycat... But, that doesn't quite meet up with the whole Wave Controller vibe. <shrugs>

Just thought of something that might work: Echo... something that riffs on that. :)

Hagfish for Parakewl
Self explanatory

Why buck a trend? Goby works... :lol: That, or Mudskipper, I'm not picky. ;)

Edited by Euodiachloris, 10 October 2012 - 02:38 PM.

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

LesserSarcasm

LesserSarcasm

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
its simple just combine the two "The Violent Night", fits with fug irreguallars and his name and also fits in with a knight for friendship yada yada blah blah and usually with violent nights change happens in their wake whether it be good or bad well that depends on who fills the gap.. if not that transcendental chestnut, just cause i think the people of the tower are arseholes and for some reason would want to downplay him in some way by giving him a cute sounding name

SHIJYUYO-DUCK

SHIJYUYO-DUCK

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • Locationon the head of a random person
the replicating ripples

QUACK QUACK QUACK 
SA,JIGOKU NO TAMESHIMINA.
In the morning light let my roots take flight

Watch me from above like a vicious dove
They don't see me come, who can blame them?
They never seem to catch my eye but I never wondered why
garokill.gif

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

its simple just combine the two "The Violent Night", fits with fug irreguallars and his name and also fits in with a knight for friendship yada yada blah blah and usually with violent nights change happens in their wake whether it be good or bad well that depends on who fills the gap.. if not that transcendental chestnut, just cause i think the people of the tower are arseholes and for some reason would want to downplay him in some way by giving him a cute sounding name

Nope, sorry, he couldn't be downplayed, as the Ranker Birou and the guys that give Sobriquets know better. I mean come on, they gave Phantaminum ranking number 1! He who stormed Zahard's castle and murdered a shitton of his Rankers.
Or Enryu, who killed a Guardian, and basicly cut off anyone (but irregulars) access to Shinsoo on that floor, tests are also no longer conducted on Floor 43 because of that.
They were both ranked higher than the king of Tower himself, Zahard, he who created the system we know of.
Ranker Birou and the guys that give sobriquets don't discriminate or downplay. Others may try to kill someone's reputation, but sobriquet giving guys are smart enough to see through it or something.

P.S. Violent Night sounds damn awesome.

Edited by Will of NGE, 10 October 2012 - 03:26 PM.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

God-Emperor

God-Emperor

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,729 posts
  • LocationRelaxing inside of trees of 77th Floor and reading something.

To me, it's obvious that his sobriquet would be something to show he is able to instantly copy any technique at sight. I am unable to really find one but that seems to be the unique thing about Baam so far.

Uncommon Wind/Wave or Abnormal Wind/Wave. I mean, Viole is like one lightning-rod, he keep atracting attention even he don't want. Fighting with Ranker and winning, checked. Fighting with Urek and surviving, checked!
Of course, I got other ideas too...
Whisper of Wind, Dark Wind, Night Wind, Mirrored Wind.
Deep Wave, Dark Wave, Echo Wave, Waveform Change.