Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[Spoilers]The romantic relationships in Tower of God

ships shipping romantic harem relationship

• Please log in to reply
844 replies to this topic

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato
In this thread discussions about the different (potential) romantic relationships take place. You want to discuss whether Yihwa is in love with Baam? Want to find out if there are other fans of GosengxTeddy? Want to discuss the PrincexHoryang bromance? Or maybe WangnanxBaam's? Here is the right place.

I think Viole is steadily hittin' Yihwa and has been for a while. Sorry, I've just been wanting to say that and this seemed like just as good a time as any.

Edited by 101010, 27 September 2012 - 11:39 AM.

Tn7HA0h.png

gus

gus

Couch Potato

• tC Donator
  • 2,335 posts

....................................I think Viole is steadily hittin' Yihwa and has been for a while. Sorry, I've just been wanting to say that and this seemed like just as good a time as any.

could you please elaborate i would like to discuss Yihwa and Baam relationship
she actually the closes to Baam as the main love interest

Edited by gus, 27 September 2012 - 04:50 AM.

m5siUe7.jpg?1

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

could you please elaborate i would like to discuss Yihwa and Baam relationship
she actually the closes to Baam as the main love interest

Well, I might've been kidding around just a little bit in that last post, but in all seriousness (and all shipping aside) she's the natural choice for romance right now. They're living together, the're working together, they're climbing together......plus the author has already shown us that she's into him, maybe in a super-super tsundere way, but still into him. I can already see her in a ultra-moe, panty-flashing nurses outfit coaxing him back to health after his run in with Urek.

Tn7HA0h.png

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK
Although people like to ship Baam with... well, practically anybody female that moves :P and Agero... I don't think he actually has romance, as such, on his mind. :( I look at his relationship with Yihwa and see a guy trying to treat her as a rather weird sister. He keeps trying to understand her, but doesn't really get close in that way, at all. <shrugs> Oh... and tries to keep stopping her make an ass of herself, of course. :lol: After all, brothers do that. They're supposed to make you look stupid, you're not supposed to do it yourself. ;)

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

gus

gus

Couch Potato

• tC Donator
  • 2,335 posts

Although people like to ship Baam with... well, practically anybody female that moves :P and Agero... I don't think he actually has romance, as such, on his mind. :( I look at his relationship with Yihwa and see a guy trying to treat her as a rather weird sister. He keeps trying to understand her, but doesn't really get close in that way, at all. <shrugs> Oh... and tries to keep stopping her make an ass of herself, of course. :lol: After all, brothers do that. They're supposed to make you look stupid, you're not supposed to do it yourself. ;)

true though what a character he got princesses that are after him and a actual female (Yihwa) in his team that interested and he looks the other way but i think the Zahard princesses are off the market seeing that they have a uptight dad

Edited by gus, 27 September 2012 - 05:28 AM.

m5siUe7.jpg?1

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

And not that I disagree, but from what I've been told by those who are way more serious about this than me, the author has promised romance.............thus the debate continues. (Me, I vote for Yuri..........but Yihwa is right there, I mean who could blame him? after all, I'm sure he could use some practice........)

Tn7HA0h.png

gus

gus

Couch Potato

• tC Donator
  • 2,335 posts

And not that I disagree, but from what I've been told by those who are way more serious about this than me, the author has promised romance.............thus the debate continues. (Me, I vote for Yuri..........but Yihwa is right there, I mean who could blame him? after all, I'm sure he could use some practice........)

that sound interesting it seemed that Baam needs to learn a bit of what romance is or get a clue he only learn from what Rachel taut him and i don't think she taut him about romance or the bird's and the bee's

Edited by gus, 27 September 2012 - 05:37 AM.

m5siUe7.jpg?1

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

that sound interesting it seemed that Baam needs to learn a bit of what romance is or get a clue he only learn from what Rachel taut him and i don't think she taut him about romance or the bird's and the bee's

Nurses uniform, she dresses up like this and he'll figure it out on his own.........

Spoiler

Tn7HA0h.png

Imperator

Imperator

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,501 posts
  • LocationIn the battlefield.

Nurses uniform, she dresses up like this and he'll figure it out on his own.........

Spoiler

SIU would become my favourite Author of all time if he draws either Androssi, Yihwa, Hwa or Yuri in a Nurse suit.

....................................I think Viole is steadily hittin' Yihwa and has been for a while. Sorry, I've just been wanting to say that and this seemed like just as good a time as any.

I think Baam doesn't care a lot about romantic feelings...

Edited by 101010, 27 September 2012 - 11:24 AM.
- off-topic.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

SIU would become my favourite Author of all time if he draws either Androssi, Yihwa, Hwa or Yuri in a Nurse suit.

I think Baam doesn't care a lot about romantic feelings...

Nurse's outfit, short skirts, low-cut blouses..........I keep waiting, it's bound to happen.

...............and I never said he loved her. :P

Tn7HA0h.png

Imperator

Imperator

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,501 posts

Nurse's outfit, short skirts, low-cut blouses..........I keep waiting, it's bound to happen.

...............and I never said he loved her. :P

Let's just pray for the best :P

Tbh, if a pairing is going to happen it's have to be YihwaxBaam (for me), I just don't see the Harem thing happening. I also like Androssi x Baam, but it have lesser chances than the first one.

Edited by TheDasilva1, 27 September 2012 - 06:51 AM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Let's just pray for the best :P

Tbh, if a pairing is going to happen it's have to be YihwaxBaam (for me), I just don't see the Harem thing happening. I also like Androssi x Baam, but it have lesser chances than the first one.

All shipping aside, it's what makes the most sense, and is most likely, story-wise. They're together all the time, they're both single, and even if he had some sort of feelings for Rachel it's not like they're together. If Yihwa makes any kind of move he'll be putty in her hands. And isn't the Yeon family known for being strongly matriarchal? She's probably already laying the trap to bag him.

Tn7HA0h.png

gus

gus

Couch Potato

• tC Donator
  • 2,335 posts

All shipping aside, it's what makes the most sense, and is most likely, story-wise. They're together all the time, they're both single, and even if he had some sort of feelings for Rachel it's not like they're together. If Yihwa makes any kind of move he'll be putty in her hands. And isn't the Yeon family known for being strongly matriarchal? She's probably already laying the trap to bag him.

i think she already did that but got dumped

m5siUe7.jpg?1

deBroglie

deBroglie

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 407 posts
I don't see any romance involving Viole right now. His thoughts are just too... unidirected toward friendship. It's like he doesn't understand the concept of love!
Also i much prefered the Baam/Androssi relationship than the Viole/Yeon one, though, again, Baam didn't seem interested to Androssi in that way, so it wouldn't feel like cheating to me if Viole and Yeon start flirting...

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

i think she already did that but got dumped

They're living together, she's got plenty of time to work on him. Hell, nobody gives up after just one try do they?

Tn7HA0h.png

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK
To be honest, I think Teddy has more hope for the romance bit. Goseng seems to like him... ;) It's just... both have, so far, been a little backward in coming forward about their feelings. :D Doesn't mean they're not there... or flirting off-camera. :D

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

deBroglie

deBroglie

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 407 posts
yeah Euo is right. I think side characters have a much better chance to get a romance than Viole. Even Wangnan/Yiwha seems more likely to happen to me than Viole/Yihwa...

Femto

Femto

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationRussia
You remember this?
http://img.batoto.net/comics/2012/06/20/t/read4fe25a1a21c4a/img000029.jpg
http://img.batoto.net/comics/2012/06/20/t/read4fe25a1a21c4a/img000030.jpg
I always thought how playful this situation looks. At leas Baam observed Yohwa's reaction to the phrase before when they were in the room, and rememberd it to be able to use it here.

Also remember how he befriended Androssi with Koon's advice: "Oh, my, you are so thin!" - that situation. This is kinda opposite to the phrase: "I have no interest in Ms. Yeon's body." Still Baam is observant, so I think he remembers the Koon's lesson, but chooses not to use it. Perhaps the romance line will appear closer to the last quarter of the story. Only after the whole situation with Rachel will clear up.

In the mean time I would LOVE to see a doujinshi about some extra curriculum lessons from Hwa Ryun....

mister_grimm

mister_grimm

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,418 posts
Right now it just seems SIU is determined to keep Baam free of romantic relationships. Heroes don't have real relationships. The excuse could be Baam doesn't want to give FUG more leverage or his unresolved issues with Rachel or he might be climbing to his death or whatever. Maybe SIU wants Baam to seem the tragic character throughout without any real happiness. Which in my mind would prove only that SIU doesn't know relationships that well because there's no better way of making a person miserable than to put them in a reationship!

And when I see Teddy and Prince, I just think: This is Sparta!

Imperator

Imperator

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,501 posts

Right now it just seems SIU is determined to keep Baam free of romantic relationships. Heroes don't have real relationships. The excuse could be Baam doesn't want to give FUG more leverage or his unresolved issues with Rachel or he might be climbing to his death or whatever. Maybe SIU wants Baam to seem the tragic character throughout without any real happiness. Which in my mind would prove only that SIU doesn't know relationships that well because there's no better way of making a person miserable than to put them in a reationship!

And when I see Teddy and Prince, I just think: This is Sparta!

Good one :D

Baam's feelings for Rachel are not romantic, so I don't see how can that affect something...

Unless Yihwa gets jealous, if that's what you mean.

Edited by TheDasilva1, 27 September 2012 - 03:35 PM.