Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
  • LocationManetheren, but more realistically Southern California

I've felt, since early in the story, that Bouchou has a pretty solid defensive wall built around himself, probably as a result of his failed marriage.  It seemed to me that it hit him pretty hard.  As authoritative as his personality is, he seems to be afraid of letting down his guard and getting hurt by getting emotionally involved.  Kind of endearing, in a way.

inzaratha

inzaratha

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationArizona (or somewhere in the forest riding a unicorn)

I think she is having some sort of life crisis about her age,  which personally I think is laughable because she isn't old but still.    She is in denial that she likes him because he is older etc.   I hope she doesn't do something stupid again. 

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
  • LocationManetheren, but more realistically Southern California

I hope so too.  She's young and pretty, although she likes to wear old clothes and just hang around.  She's sure, however, that she's missing something, since advertising and the rest of telemedia pound it into our heads that life has to be glamour, glamour, and more glamour, or you're trailer park trash.  She wants to be "desirable," but has been conditioned to believe that it has to be because she is super chic.  Speaking for myself, I think that girls/women in flat soled shoes (which can be very fashionable) are sexier than those in stiletto heels (which make me think of call girls).  High heels also make me think that they are as designed toward subjugation as Chinese footbinding because:

1.  You cannot run away from predators (in this case, the two legged variety),

2.  Long term, they are very hard on the feet,

3.  They make it extremely easy to sprain you ankle and tear out the tendons, an injury that will come back and haunt the sufferer for the rest of her life.

Hotaru is a great and generous person (as seen in this last chapter) who deserves to be loved and cherished by someone that she can also love and cherish.  The idea that a women can have a great love and a great romance ONLY when she looks like a super model 24/7 has to be one of the greatest canards ever perpetrated on credulous humanity.  Even when I was young, and a great deal more foolish than I am now, I still thought that character was more important than mere glamour.  Hotaru is pretty.  To my peculiar taste, she's just as pretty in sweats and a tee shirt as when she's dolled up for a social event.  She needs to realize this herself (I know it would be hard for a relatively inexperienced woman).  I am pinning my hopes on bouchou.  

Edited by Comadrin, 22 October 2014 - 06:21 AM.