Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Count to 100 before the Staff and Company post

• Please log in to reply
33828 replies to this topic

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

Hello rain!

So I had a chat with my boss, luckily at least the actual people around are generally nice.

He was pretty alright with the way things were going, basically told me to slow down and learn in the early stage of things

Also did some troubleshooting. So moving on from one reason code doesn't work to the next.

Still annoyed and but glad to have direction

I could sense not wanting to dive deep into the new stuff ever since I switched contexts but eventually you do have to start diving deep to get anything done, especially in a complex system

It ties in with something else I read that we burnt out because we procrastinate, not the opposite. Spend so much time thinking and planning that you resist actually doing. And that's what's been happening to me for the last couple of weeks.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
X.x;

I typed out a whole reply but then I fat-fingered the "use mobile version" button and it got et. And it's too late at night to sensibly re-type it!

But, I'm glad to see you all :3

Edited by pokari, 25 February 2023 - 01:41 PM.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

don't worry about it!! hello pokari!!

hope you are doing comfy

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

I am :3

Super-comfy at the moment even. I am lounging luxuriously in a fleece onsie like a person who, indeed, does not care about appearances in their own home u.u

(Otherwise, quietly plotting dwarf fortresses and home NAS servers. For one the issue is overheating, for the other the issue is an alert system for when things go wrong; I leave guessing which is which as an exercise to the reader :'p )

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

I have hiked! Into the snow! Which was on one of the nearby mountains because of all the bizarre weather we've had lately!

I am old! My joints complain acutely! But it was magnificent.

Rainingforest

Rainingforest

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNorth America

42 Yay pokari!

Penrose you are spitting facts. I'm trying to jump out of my current field into another one and I'm... not making any progress. Procrastination.

Boston was supposed to get dumped in snow this week. Instead we got snow for like 2 hours and then rain. So now it's just wet and muddy.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I dreamed I was watching some-or-other sort of tragedy where a bunch of teenagers with magic powers end up dying and/or emotionally scarred after a series of miscommunications, teen angst, and whatever else. It was for whatever reason a Studio Ghibli film and it was very wistful and melancholic near the end.

When I woke up I was like, "ugh I hate that movie, why did they make it", "wait that movie doesn't even exist", "it still didn't top Grave of the Fireflies though" in rapid succession and it was honestly pretty funny, the absurdity of which did somehow help me cheer back up again.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

44 i just got back from Brazil, Argentina vacation trip where I visited Rios, San Pablo, Iguasu Waterfall, Buenas Aires.

It feels good to be back home where I don't have to wear a headset at night to sleep. It doesn't feel so good to wake up around 4 in the morning

I must have gotten something on the final flight home and I have a small cough now... gosh...

Visited too many football (ie soccer) stadiums , saw too many old school European architecture, ate too much beef.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Welcome back :'3

I hope you feel better soon.

*hugs*

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

46 thanks for the welcome

can you imagine living in a 4 star hotel for 60 bucks a night?

or all you can eat meat dinner buffet for $30?  

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I can imagine them just fine! Those would have seemed perfectly reasonable prices for those things when I was, say, five X'p

I hope you enjoyed your deflation vacation! ^^ Those waterfalls do look awesome.

In other news, I finally have all the parts for my new PC... and I've thrown out my back so I don't dare assemble them. XD Ah, my poor young old aching bones...
X'p

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Oh dear... This heat sink doesn't quite fit with this motherboard correctly, hm.

I could do the adult thing and get a new fan but I'm leaning towards "I'll darn well make it fit together!" Xp

Edited by pokari, 10 March 2023 - 10:04 AM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

59 in other news i'm still unable to overcome the last vestiges of common cold that i contracted back two weeks ago!!!!

im also unable to update my profile pic to a waterfall !

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Oh no you've lost your face D':

And got a cold.

Oh dear.

*hugs*

I'm sorry.

I hope you get well soon! (...and that the whimsy of the bitrot on this site allows you to upload your preferred image in the future if you should continue to want to. You know. All those things).

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

61 yes please pity me

im no longer identifiable... i feel like everyman

Edited by Feishy Pit Boar, 18 March 2023 - 05:57 PM.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Just, um... Think of it as having engaged stealth mode!

Hiding from the bots Xp

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

i want to say im better now 63 

also, i'm currently happily playing this game inspired by the tokyo sarin gas attacks... there's a scene where you go back in time and experience the conversations between two cultists about to unleash the canisters of doom upon the train passengers ... this is a cool gothic story with ghosts and time-traveling 

Tales of the Black Forest 100% Walkthrough Guide - SteamAH

Edited by Feishy Pit Boar, 21 March 2023 - 11:28 PM.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Game sound 2dark4me

I'm really glad you're having fun though :'3

I have just had a hilariously bizarre conversation with the maker of my CPU heatsink (Noctua) where the support person told me "no just screw it in until the board bends a bit, it'll be fine" when I said the stock screws weren't quite long enough.

It was a very unexpected response. They might be correct, but I'm using longer screws instead because WTF XD

'Tis a strange old world out there.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

65 most of the games i play are dark tbh... maybe its the murican obsession w/ murder

i personally don't see the point much of the time either... 

my gawd are you still working on the heat sink? Jezus you've been working on that thing since like forever

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Oh, it's already well and done with (I realise that may not be how it sounded with how I phrased it). Ordered screws off Mouser; waited for them to arrive; installed.

But I hadn't told their support people all that (I figured they might say something useful like, "hay you did it wrong do it like this instead" and I'd be like "oh, that" or something).

In game news, I started playing Satisfactory and it is as much of a time sink as one fears.

I am really impressed with, of all things, their sound designer, though. Well, I'm of two minds—it sort of becomes an overwhelming cacophony sometimes and that part I have mixed feelings about. But the individual sounds are quality; solid meaty sounds with texture and heft to them.