Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Count to 100 before the Staff and Company post

• Please log in to reply
33863 replies to this topic

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

51 what trial was it?

did u give outlandish opinions?

So today, my friendly neighbor bought to my attention that i might have termites outside the house. Ok, it's not inside, so i'm not sure what to say... in any case, I'll remove the tree I guess, and maybe spray some stuff with taurus SC. There are landscape supply stores so maybe i'll go visit one tomorrow, and check it out. Maybe I'll buy a sprayer as well, we shall see....

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Child rape case.

I said nothing outlandish; I had just sincerely expressed doubt at my own ability to follow the law of the land in only convicting when "beyond a reasonable doubt of guilt," in such a case. If it was merely that they probably did it, I might have had some real troubles saying, "okay, guess we're not really sure, go home I guess", while knowing that sort of choice would either way bother me in the wee hours of the night forevermore, if I had to make it.

This might just be that I'm taking the "beyond a reasonable doubt" clause more seriously than my peers, I don't know.

Hm. Termites outside the house is sort of unavoidable to some extent, but I can understand someone not wanting a nest of them next door, too.

Edited by pokari, 23 October 2021 - 06:57 AM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

53 eeeek crimes against children >_< cannot stomach the lurid details

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
...Yeah, I'm also really glad I didn't have to sit through the actual full details, evidence, and/or witnesses on that.

Felt worse for the juror who had to answer some questions in front of everyone (technically he was allowed to ask to answer privately but it was phrased as "if you find answering these questions too uncomfortable we can bring you aside, in the meantime we'll try to be vague...") about whether he'd be biased because of how he, himself, had been abused as a child.

But enough about that. Stuff's dark as hell. ~.~

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

55 child abuse in this country is rampant

you need a license to drive but apparently u dont need one to raise a kid

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I mean, licenses wouldn't stop this particular problem.

Also half the country you don't even need a licence to own a gun so who are we kidding.

It's a free country. You get what you pay for. (/s)

(Some people have nice countries. But nooo, all we have is this ratty hand-me-down that grandpappy stole from the "indians"...)

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Disclaimer: The final sentence of the previous message was written while I was a little loopy before going to sleep.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

58 ... there are many 3rd world countries who are still stuck in the 3rd world stage because they didn't kill off the natives and import slave slavery

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I hope you're not serious. Almost everyone is the descendant of conquerors at this point, and many are the places that had/have slaves and failed, or didn't imprison people from other countries and succeeded.

As much as I can tell, it's more down to infrastructure, available expertise, and natural resources, as old-fashioned as that sounds.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

60 im dead serious... the anglo saxon model of modernization through plantation formations...

Planations are not normal. Most of the time villagers have their own plots of land, instead of single large planation

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

alternating between few random body problems

-eyes feel like they are going to fall out

-arms feel like they are going to fall off

-back feels like it's a crime to walk 

-headaches linked to eye and arm pains

probably because of sitting at a laptop all day

58 ... there are many 3rd world countries who are still stuck in the 3rd world stage because they didn't kill off the natives and import slave slavery

no way slaves are going to work (multiple meanings)

I mean, licenses wouldn't stop this particular problem.

Also half the country you don't even need a licence to own a gun so who are we kidding.

It's a free country. You get what you pay for. (/s)

(Some people have nice countries. But nooo, all we have is this ratty hand-me-down that grandpappy stole from the "indians"...)

the scary part about the US is people who aren't scared of anything. the shitty part about here is that most people are scared of everything.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

62 oh jezus take care of yourself, would you?

>_<

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

the scary part about the US is people who aren't scared of anything. the shitty part about here is that most people are scared of everything.

If anything, I suspect both places spend too much energy being afraid of the wrong things (as humans are wont to do).

Both places have their share of people who are more afraid of a certain vaccine than a certain virus... >_>

alternating between few random body problems

-eyes feel like they are going to fall out
-arms feel like they are going to fall off
-back feels like it's a crime to walk 
-headaches linked to eye and arm pains

probably because of sitting at a laptop all day

D:

*hugs* >.<

I realize it may not may not be possible to get the proper rest and/or time to move about and decompress, but I hope you can.

Arm-pain one might be able to do something about by just changing the ergonomics of one's setup, depending... x.x

62 oh jezus take care of yourself, would you?
>_<

...Indeed. u.u

*extra extra hugs*

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

64 i am going a bit crazy myself sitting in front of a desk looking at a laptop...

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

I am at least laying down instead of sitting while looking at my laptop, like a sane crazy person. u.u

Obviously this would not be an option at work, but it damn well should be.

Stupid social-monkey society rules, making us waste time, energy and comfort conforming to social expectations instead of doing useful things...

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Attempting to navigate Microsoft customer support on a topic they'd prefer not to take calls on (in order to save money, presumably) might reasonably be described as a lightly Kafkaesque experience.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

i had a craving for instant noodles - ate 4 packs today

not sure why

must have been the sodium

or the sauce they pack w/ the instant noddles

they are much much more delicious than what i rmembered them to be

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Sometimes our bodies just really want whatever it is that they want. ~w~

Occasionally even vegetables are delicious. Pity 'tis not so often as would be healthy.

...Maybe we could genetically re-engineer ourselves to actually prefer food in a ratio that's healthy for us.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Attempting NaNoWriMo sincerely for the first time, but 1667 words a day looks like it might be beyond my capacity, which is something more like half of that.

I mean I could literally just keep rambling 'till I hit the word count probably I suppose but then what's the point of the endeavour?

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

70 indeed its almost masochistic - u have to feel that the story needs to be written despite ur emotional /physical breakdown

i got to about 20K tho last year lol

just curious, are you writing about dragons?