Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Count to 100 before the Staff and Company post

• Please log in to reply
33863 replies to this topic

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

30 wow cynicism much

my bad driving has caught up to me when i changed me car tire yesterday; turns out that the front tire leaks air like no tomorrow, can only go one trip without losing air half way.

well, what can i say,should've been a better driver and not put so much stress on the tire frame

also will never drive a fancy car in my life

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Fact (possibly outdated by like a decade): The fun, sporty cars with the happiest customers are not the six-figure supercars but rather some budget stuff from Mazda (like the Miyata).

Expensive cars are pretty much unilaterally a waste of money.

That doesn't mean I don't think a certain era of, say, garish Lamborghinis, don't look really cool.

Personally I'm hoping that, if the next vehicle I get is four-wheeled, it'll finally make sense to get all-electric. But I suppose that almost by definition, by the time I'll get them, they won't be "fancy".

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

32 ah electric, yes, not a bad choice , not something i would do 

i've finished 100 years of solitude by gabriel marquez ... such a sad sad book, made me want to rip at my chest sigh...

Spoiler

such is the fate of the species ig

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Well, I mean, it seems not unlikely that you'll end up with an electric car in your lifetime because that's simply how we'll be doing them, much like the slow but definite transition from gas to electric lamps.

Not for at least a few decades, mind.

The fate of the species is to be taken out by weather events? Seems unlikely.

We shall no doubt emerge from the 21st or 22nd century, battered and bruised but victorious over the weather, while making grand and naive statements about how our ancestors were idiots and we know better now, while being not much worse for wear as a species, though half the rest of the Earth may have died in the process.

That sounds more like the fate of the species if I know my humans.

We are, it would seem, natural protagonists—just of that particular sort that you really want to stay away from because everyone around them dies from their carelessness as part of the plot.

Edited by pokari, 03 September 2021 - 01:31 PM.

DarkPrince

DarkPrince

Cute Potato

• Members
  • 4,800 posts
  • Location「Between Brackets」

Holy shit haha

I'll remember to check here 20 years from now to see if you 2 are still going XD

I T ' S   O N L Y   F U N   I F   T H E Y   R U N

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

35 sure

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

I assume Grumpy will stop paying to host the servers before then ~w~

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts

.-.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
'allo~ <3

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

2 man i need to find something exciting in life

the only thing i do for fun is swimming

-Kohirii-

-Kohirii-

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 11 posts
  • LocationAustralia

damn, its weird seeing this place still somewhat active

https://tukimoop.pw

Working one man alone.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Hey fellow ghost!

Welcome to the ghost town!

OoooOOOoooo~

2 man i need to find something exciting in life
the only thing i do for fun is swimming

I've spent a lot of the past few days musing about building my own "laptop" from scratch (PC motherboard, but portable and battery-powerable and all that).

Currently feeling bummed as I'm realising that if I built it I possibly could never take it on an airplane safely lest the TSA suspect it's a bomb.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Not sure how to go about planning out various circuit bits confidently without first learning electrical engineering :/

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

6 best of luck

i must say it seems easier to get raspberry pi

and perhaps a portable monitor

alternatively you can spend $1k on an ipad pro, and an addition $300 on a apple keyboard

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
The actual sane alternative to what I'm going for here would be to buy a middle-of-the-line laptop.

Neither a raspberry pi nor an apple luxury product is going to give me what I want from life—price or effort involved notwithstanding.

(As an aside, heck, for all that this hypothetical project is starting to look extremely money-inefficient on top of everything, it still might give similar price-per-performance to an Apple product... :'p)

...Honestly the "budget" gaming laptop options these days don't look too bad—say, 700 dollars for something half-plausible.

Today's musings on this topic: It's possible that I can buy batteries of the type, voltage, and capacity I want—but only in bulk orders of >100 from unknown Chinese manufacturers. XD

Hey, at least there'd be spares every time they caught on fire!

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

8 how much do you have to pay for the shipping 

everyone is buying the chips for computer and not leaving much for car manufacturers

i bought a 700 dollar gaming laptop from dell a few years ago? still working good

the weather is turning cold... the summer is ending

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
The grocery store had pumpkins next to watermelons in bins today.

Very much a "summer ends, fall begins" sort of mood.

Of course I've been playing Stardew Valley lately so my brain follows that up with "but the corn and wheat are still good 'till the end of fall".

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

10 i've been playing some discord games... remember MUD games? probably not... but we've gone back in time with non-enteractive text games like anigame 

the new old thing

nothing like monday to wake people up

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
My full experience with MUDs was stepping into one without prior explanation for... about 3 minutes at some point in my teenage years, being confused as heck, and throwing in the towel immediately XD

But yeah, community-made games jammed sideways into/on-top-of existing systems are always cool.

Edited by pokari, 22 September 2021 - 05:26 AM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

12 happy wednesday

i watched the shittiest movie last night but had the best music ending