Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Count to 100 before the Staff and Company post

• Please log in to reply
33872 replies to this topic

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

-1 ikr we should spice things up a little

do u got any new years resolution 

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

I see we are at an impasse. :'3

New years resolutions sound more stressful than fun, and seem to not really achieve the intended purpose anyway.

I will not be a new person next year—I'll still be little ol' me, with the good and the bad that that entails, and pretending otherwise isn't really my thing. u.u

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

-1 we are indeed

human kind cannot gain anything without first giving up something of equal value

to gain one must...

Edited by Feishy Pit Boar, 25 December 2019 - 09:08 PM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

-2 i was kinda surprised that mcdonalds was actually open on christmas day yesterday

i guess next up is new years

Edited by Feishy Pit Boar, 26 December 2019 - 05:36 PM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

-3 the feeling when everyone is off but you...

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

-4 when you read LN about geniuses who plan for the destruction of the world

and your kokoro goes dokidoki

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

That would not make my kokoro go dokidoki. Instead my eyebrows get a'raiséd. If you're such a genius, you can do better.

On the other hand my kokoro has been known to go dokidoki for young idiots who plan for the destruction of the world. See, Hoshi no Samidare, "The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer".

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

-2 lucifer and biscuit hammer was so tragic...  It's so much crueler to let the life live rather than a swift mercy kill  

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Not quite the takeaway I had, but I'll concede there was some tragedy in there somewhere and that some of it was quite moving.

I mean, I do distinctly remember cheering for the protagonists when the dice were down and they turned around and said, "alright, as promised, it's earth-smashing time," but I didn't actually want them to succeed. It's just important to value your promises with your loved ones, you know?

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

-2 in my version i remember he promised to destroy the world with her but he negated his promise ...

the other thing i remember wat that the mc was really lame - if he didn't absorb the power of the dog who met a premature death he would have been bottom of the barrel

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

I mean, I'm not sure I'd equate "lacking prowess in combat" with "lame" anywhere outside of a video game. Well, maybe in a pure action series of a certain Jump variety, I guess, but... (Unless you're also referring to the littoe bits of character growth that happened around the same time in the story.)

Anyway, I thought it was quite intentional that he wasn't really all that great at anything by nature, unlike some of the other characters (most notably at first, Samidare, but then others too) and was a big rolled-up ball of self-actualisation issues and fluctuating ego and questions of worthiness. A total misfit—not just reluctant or an anti-hero or an "average joe" elevated by events, though perhaps a bit of each of those: Someone completely incompatible with the Hero's journey who is nonetheless set upon it, sometimes drifting aimlessly, sometimes struggling tooth and nail, sometimes settings out with purpose in completely the wrong direction. Which is fine, because the character interactions are more than half the point anyway. Or something like that.

Well—frankly, that series is one of the series with which I have the most difficult time articulating why or what I thought was so unique about it. I don't think it's a masterpiece in the traditional sense; plenty of bits of it felt sloppy. I can only say that it struck me in a certain way. (Since I can usually rationalize and articulate these sorts of things it is both exciting and frustrating when I cannot. I think.)

...Dear heavens, I should go to bed.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

I think I just spat out a proper nerd rant of some sort there. >w>;

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

-1 it was a cute love story - wasn't much character development

it is only cute because the desire to destroy the world came from a cute adolescent grill

in truth, everyone has that inner serial killer that hopes for the destruction of life - simply because life is evil, it merely it pretends its not

and the ones who refuse to live by such evil are not there to make counter-arguments

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

I thought there was character development. This isn't quite the right way to say it, but to sacrifice some accuracy for the sake of brevity: He was channeling his weeb fantasies in a much healthier way by the end.

And, back to the "all life is evil" refrain again, huh ~.~

*hugs*

Well, if so, I sincerely hope at least some of life is evil that you are fond of, then. :'3

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

-1 i like myself... because i live with the hypocracy

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

I'm glad ^^

Though I hope there are ultimately other people or animals that you quite like, too.

Happy new year's... Eve? owo;

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

1 did you see the sleep doctor yet?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Yes, but not conclusively. I went once for consultation, got told to do an "at-home" sleep study where you take home some lightweight measurement equipment with batteries and then bring it back the next day, which is done with, and then on the 10th I have a follow-up to discuss results...

...Which all is entirely likely to end in "well, that wasn't conclusive so let's try another thing," I think, given that there was some muttering about insurance not letting them do lab studies until an at-home study came back as inconclusive.

In short, it is ongoing. ‾\_(u. u)_/‾

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

3 when doctors become front men for insurance companies

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

I mean I could have done the lab straight-away if I was willing to pay for it from my own pocket. This isn't one of the situations where I'd call them as being in cahoots.